Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2013, 05:49 PM

156 posts, read 193,582 times

Advertisements

Here's what I wonder: Is it the same 80% for most survey responses? As many people have mentioned, women seem to have more diverse tastes in men, generally, than vice-versa.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:50 PM

377 posts, read 620,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I brought it up, other people brought it up, but he basically ignored it.
I've already addressed this earlier. Unless, of course, you are suggesting women would pursue men they don't even find remotely physically attractive (which is absolutely wrong), then there's simply nothing more to say. Refer to the second page if you want to see my response to that objection.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
I've already addressed this earlier. Unless, of course, you are suggesting women would pursue men they don't even find remotely physically attractive (which is absolutely wrong), then there's simply nothing more to say. Refer to the second page if you want to see my response to that objection.
I have. Other people I know have. I didn't fine the guy I'm with attractive when I decided to go out with him, but boy am I glad I overlooked that.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:56 PM

377 posts, read 620,060 times
Quote:
I have. Other people I know have. I didn't fine the guy I'm with attractive when I decided to go out with him, but boy am I glad I overlooked that.
It seems you are the exception to everything. Fine. Will you at least not cede that the vast majority of women will not pursue a man they don't find physically attractive? If you won't, then you're clearly trying to push some kind of agenda as even the women on here will admit if they aren't attracted to a man physically he can never be anything more than a friend. You and the people you know may just be a few data points that doesn't diminish much from the overall trend.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
It seems you are the exception to everything. Fine. Will you at least not cede that the vast majority of women will not pursue a man they don't find physically attractive? If you won't, then you're clearly trying to push some kind of agenda as even the women on here will admit if they aren't attracted to a man physically he can never be anything more than a friend. You and the people you know may just be a few data points that doesn't diminish much from the overall trend.
Actually, I've known a BUNCH of women who became interested in men that they didn't originally find physically attractive once they got to know them. It's been discussed on this forum many times and you'd be ridiculous not to acknowledge it.

Perhaps because you're a guy (and this doesn't necessarily happen with men, if a woman is hot she's hot, but if she's not, she's basically invisible forever) you may not understand this.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:04 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Well, I think not all, but most women tend to think and feel about looks differently than men who are more but not only visual. Based on my life experiences, women seem to rate a man on more on how he makes them feel rather than how sexy or physically attractive they may find him. Maybe that could explain in part why I see so many comparatively unattractive men with gorgeous ladies?
I believe that is true as well. I said there was two assumptions that needs to be true before OP conclusion is true.

1. OkCupid is a perfect microcosm of the real world.
2. Physical Attraction is not influenced by personality.

1 was proven to be untrue, but I don't think 2 is true either. A women who is in love with a man will rate him as much more physically attractive than if she was not in love at all. Love blinds us.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:07 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:
It seems you are the exception to everything.
Well at least you got that right. Every female she knows is also a perfect 10 and the exception to every rule. They all date very unattractive men that make little money and are 5'2..

But they have big hearts which is all a man apparently needs lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-28-2013, 07:08 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
Perhaps because you're a guy (and this doesn't necessarily happen with men, if a woman is hot she's hot, but if she's not, she's basically invisible forever) you may not understand this.
I am a guy, and I am not like that. If a woman is nasty, I will percieve here as less attractive, and if she is very nice I will percieve her as more attractive.

But I bet the effect on men is smaller than women. If I don't percieve her as physically attractive in the first place, then I won't change my mind.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:18 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Actually, I've known a BUNCH of women who became interested in men that they didn't originally find physically attractive once they got to know them. It's been discussed on this forum many times and you'd be ridiculous not to acknowledge it.

Some I do find hot after i get to know her . Then again there are some very homely I feel bad for that shop where i work . It must suck to be born a girl and look like a guy . Then again i have got to know this one gitl that i did like and i cant date because i see her as a little sister.

I do know i will become more attractive once i get out of retail and into a better job.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:25 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Well at least you got that right. Every female she knows is also a perfect 10 and the exception to every rule. They all date very unattractive men that make little money and are 5'2..

But they have big hearts which is all a man apparently needs lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I think most woman get desperate as they get older like into there mid/late 30s. I see it all the time a average to above average girl will be married to a guy that looks like Pete Sampras with down syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships