Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2013, 03:25 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,371,054 times

Advertisements

I must be just so good looking it's ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-28-2013, 03:31 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,595,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Yeah, I think 60-70% of us in real life fall into the category that some of the guys on his forum want to think is only 20%.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:50 AM

377 posts, read 619,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Yeah, I think 60-70% of us in real life fall into the category that some of the guys on his forum want to think is only 20%.

That would imply the average man is desirable to a large number of women out there. That's incredibly difficult to believe, given the almost endless checklist of requirements or "preferences" most women seem to be carrying around these days.

The number may not be 20%, but the concept is quite sound. A small minority of men are getting the majority of the sex and women out there.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:19 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,219,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
That would imply the average man is desirable to a large number of women out there. That's incredibly difficult to believe, given the almost endless checklist of requirements or "preferences" most women seem to be carrying around these days.

The number may not be 20%, but the concept is quite sound. A small minority of men are getting the majority of the sex and women out there.
So what if they are?

Can you really blame the men for doing so and blame the women for picking those 20%?

Old 11-29-2013, 05:31 AM

255 posts, read 372,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post

Meh, you shouldn't pay attention to what houston and company say. They're trying to boast themselves by trying to appear humble, ''hey dude, I'm completely average, but I've gone on hundreds of dates with beautiful women, and I've slept with a lot of beautiful women! You just need to have a sense of humor, and to shave your face, yO!''

If attracting women was that easy for the average men: there wouldn't be these many vagina-beggars running around chasing women they aren't even attracted to.

Quote:
Can you really blame the men for doing so and blame the women for picking those 20%?
Its true. A very small handful of men are getting all the sex. Why do you think men are interested in getting married? Certainly not the honey-do lists, the alimony and child-support they're going to have to pay until they die of exhaustion. They absolutely believe they're going to get laid in marriage. Certainly. Until the baby is born, and then its once or twice a month, for most men.

Old 11-29-2013, 07:15 AM

236 posts, read 231,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

C'mon Dan, most of us saw your picture in the "post a pic" thread. You are easily among the top 5% in looks and physique, and to compare your situation and success with those of most of the other guys on this forum, and especially the ones who struggle, is totally unrealistic and unfair. The way the dating market is today, even average looking women would rather accept an FWB/no strings kind of situation from a guy like you, than accept the love and commitment of a more plain-looking type of man. It's just the way it is. The survey that is the topic of the OP pretty much confirms it in black and white.

Old 11-29-2013, 07:31 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,422,981 times
They consider me attractive alright, baby.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManBanned View Post
C'mon Dan, most of us saw your picture in the "post a pic" thread. You are easily among the top 5% in looks and physique, and to compare your situation and success with those of most of the other guys on this forum, and especially the ones who struggle, is totally unrealistic and unfair. The way the dating market is today, even average looking women would rather accept an FWB/no strings kind of situation from a guy like you, than accept the love and commitment of a more plain-looking type of man. It's just the way it is. The survey that is the topic of the OP pretty much confirms it in black and white.
Based 100% solely on my physique. My face was covered.

Thats the point... physique is something 90% of people can change. 3 years ago I was 45 lbs lighter and out of shape. My face is pretty average.. my physique is top notch but that's something most people can change with work if they are willing to spend the time and money... most people don't want to spend 150-200/wk on groceries, 8-10 hrs/wk in the gym, and another 150/mo on protein powder etc...

Most people don't want to eat 6-7x a day of balanced diets.. or the research..

Those are things most people can do but choose not to. Even back when I was out of shape I did fine dating, but being in great shape obviously helps.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:38 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,192,348 times
While its true most women aren't attracted to most men, The 80/20 theory got thrown out of wack and is misunderstood, It didn't mean ALL men in America. The guys in relationships are mostly irrelevant in this

It was mostly talking about single young males in their late teens to early to Mid 20's and when you look at it in that context there are large elements of truth to it. When I was in college and went out with 5 or 6 of my boys me and one of them would pull girls to come back to our dorm and the rest wouldn't get anyone. Aside from The first 2 months of my freshman year I had consistent success but everyone else would go through great peaks and valleys. Most of the dudes who went to the club/parties/bar etc came home empty handed while a small percentage of dudes were juggling multiple women.

It wasn't just my group, almost Every group of five or more guys that I've been involved with from high school to college to varying points of adulthood, has one guy who can pick up women effortlessly, while the other four usually have degrees of success varying from completely hopeless to occasionally fruitful, but generally a less than 25 percent success rate. And I'd say that these guys make up 15-20 percent of the male population, with varying degrees of success in that upper echelon

The only group I saw that this differently where athletes and the guys in fraternities.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
While its true most women aren't attracted to most men, The 80/20 theory got thrown out of wack and is misunderstood, It didn't mean ALL men in America. The guys in relationships are mostly irrelevant in this

It was mostly talking about single young males in their late teens to early to Mid 20's and when you look at it in that context there are large elements of truth to it. When I was in college and went out with 5 or 6 of my boys me and one of them would pull girls to come back to our dorm and the rest wouldn't get anyone. Aside from The first 2 months of my freshman year I had consistent success but everyone else would go through great peaks and valleys. Most of the dudes who went to the club/parties/bar etc came home empty handed while a small percentage of dudes were juggling multiple women.

It wasn't just my group, almost Every group of five or more guys that I've been involved with from high school to college to varying points of adulthood, has one guy who can pick up women effortlessly, while the other four usually have degrees of success varying from completely hopeless to occasionally fruitful, but generally a less than 25 percent success rate. And I'd say that these guys make up 15-20 percent of the male population, with varying degrees of success in that upper echelon

The only group I saw that this differently where athletes and the guys in fraternities.
This is entirely true...

I had a lot of luck with online dating but because I invested a TON of time into it as well. Reading girls entire profiles. Writing detailed intricate messages that were very thought out.

People think they dont have much luck but I also bet they dont invest nearly the time I have into improving themselves as well as meeting, talking, going out to bars, clubs, etc. Actually actively approaching women at these places.. plus when you do it enough you become more experienced and that makes things work better exponentially. Like I said. Looks play a part but there's soooooo much more you NEED to do on top of it. And there's so much you can do to improve looks.

An awesome physique can make a ton of difference. That poster considered me top 5% and my face was even covered.. people don't want to do that much work though. Understandable, but don't complain.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.