Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 04:21 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,441 times

Advertisements

it's a 2009 survey but very good info, wish it was more current. how about this findng regarding income:

"if you're a young guy and don't make much money, cool. If you're 23 or older and don't make much money, go die in a fire. It's not hard to see where the incentive to exaggerate comes from."

Old 10-27-2013, 04:22 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
And I thought I was the only person to use the phrase "Go die in a fire." ha.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:22 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Someone need to make an online dating site that you ca not us your real name and can not post pic. You could have a group date kinda of think so when you do meet it would be safe .

It would be kinda of like a blind date online dating. I have not put any thought into this pop into my head.
I experienced a lot in life to know that life is unpredictable at best. There is nothing "safe" in life. You just have to take chances.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I can think of a couple of guys I liked that most women would think were ugly (maybe a 3 or 4/10) but I was sooooo attracted to them and they drove me CRAZY(!) I don't know what it was about them....

Old 10-27-2013, 04:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
hmm, I am not sure there are a lot of women who "require" their dates to be at least 6 ft tall. I think most women perhaps only want their men to be taller than them. That is all. For some women, height is not even an issue.
Well, if I required my dates to be taller than me I would have to have a guy over 6' tall... so I'd just be super shallow regardless. I've never had a height requirement, but the dudes who constantly complain on here make me feel like I should.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
The catch is, is you have no idea if said person is shallow or not, unless they make it obvious in there profile or they are walking down the street shouting "NO FAT CHIKS!" So you approach said person and you figure it out from there.

I don't quite get how people can keep saying junk like "They should meet people in there life and there dating life would significantly improve!!!111!!" And they do, and they're still met with the same ****, and it most likely doesn't have anything to do with who they choose to talk to, but rather who they run in to, to interact with, and who is also single.

Just blows my damn mind sometimes.
Honestly, you used to seem like a nicer person. I never said that anyone's dating life would improve - but sitting around and making bitter charts, blaming women, and becoming more and more bitter - well, where did that ever get ANYONE? I'm saying that people's lives would improve if they would stop drowning in their sorrows and get out there and interact with REAL people. I'm not even just talking about the opposite sex. I mean - live your life! Find happiness where you can. I'm so sick of hearing all these excuses. "Women are more shallow than men! Women only want money! Women are to blame for all the evil in the world! Why don't they just ADMIT IT!" Well - where is that kind of thinking getting anyone? There are tons of guys out there in relationships - and they aren't all gorgeous millionaires. But they probably aren't the same guys that are making all these stupid charts and blaming women for causing all of their problems.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:57 PM

377 posts, read 620,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And I think you're projecting, because I *rarely* see good looking men with unattractive women. I'm talking, almost NEVER. I do, however, see plenty of good looking women with average to below average men. So, perhaps we're both just seeing what we want to see. I find plenty of different types of men attractive... so do most of my friends. My sister is pretty much ONLY attracted to overweight redheaded men...I haven't seen her date a guy who wasn't overweight and had red/blondeish red hair in probably 10 years.
I can understand not seeing as many good looking men with ugly women as it can vary with location, but claiming to see attractive women with average to below average men? That is clearly not the case. The frequency with which this occurs is one out of about every 21,000 couples. Barring extreme status and money, it just never happens, and the only possible explanation to your experiences (assuming you're being objective about measuring people's relative attractiveness) is if you live in a city like Manhattan. Attractive women would simply rather be alone and not date than date an average looking man, let alone a below average man. That's the stuff of fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And the bolded is a huge pile of bull manure. I've BEEN the woman a guy won't introduce to friends because she isn't hot enough and he's afraid he'll get made fun of. I've been that woman several times and so have a few of my friends. I've also had plenty of guy friends who had 'secret FWB/girlfriends' that they would never introduce to anyone.
So you've dated jerks, which means all guys must be jerks. Nice. Believe it or not, but most men aren't jerks including very many good looking guys. I personally know some (including my brother) who have dated women who were much less attractive than they are, and gladly introduce them to other people, take pictures with them and posting it on their social networks, etc etc

Last edited by Astute; 10-27-2013 at 05:08 PM..

Old 10-27-2013, 05:03 PM

377 posts, read 620,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
The catch is, is you have no idea if said person is shallow or not, unless they make it obvious in there profile or they are walking down the street shouting "NO FAT CHIKS!" So you approach said person and you figure it out from there.

I don't quite get how people can keep saying junk like "They should meet people in there life and there dating life would significantly improve!!!111!!" And they do, and they're still met with the same ****, and it most likely doesn't have anything to do with who they choose to talk to, but rather who they run in to, to interact with, and who is also single.

Just blows my damn mind sometimes.
Just ignore such people, they obviously tend to be non-scientific and would be the types to tell you that you need to do an infinite amount of experiments or studies to conclusively determine a trend. Exceptions always exist, but we can learn a great deal from analyzing the general trends of women and the dynamics of the dating world, including what is desirable and what is not. Simply saying all of that is moot and go out there and meet people does not only demonstrate a complete ignorance of data and statistical methods, but it is also stupid, pointless, and even dangerous at times.

Then again, these are likely the types to tell us we need to actually visit jupiter to determine its gravitational field, atmospheric pressure, etc etc

Old 10-27-2013, 05:06 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
I personally know some (including my brother) who have dated women who were much less attractive than they are, and gladly introduce them to other people, take pictures with them and posting it on their social networks, etc etc
Beauty is highly subjective though. Maybe to your brother, the women he was dating are true 9 and 10. You two (your brother and you) perhaps just have different taste in women. That is all.

I am proud of all my ex boyfriends. I can care less what others think of them. When you are in love, looks is pretty much secondary although I'd never date somebody I was not attracted to in the first place.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:16 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,441 times
you know lilly, life is always so "peachy" for you.... i'm soo sooo over you tell us how dam perfect your rosy life is. ppl come here for answers to their relationship problems and you are always like "oh so sorry your life suks, i've never had that experience but i could only how bad you feel, that never happens to me cuz i got my sh*t together".

geezus...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships