Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 10:51 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,055 times

Advertisements

Life is too short to settle.

Any relationship I have ever been in except for one, it was only because I was totally into the woman I was with. Like totally into her, and I honestly don't know if i can invest any amount of time, effort and love (and eventually tears) into a woman if I felt like I was settling.

It has to be totally on, 24/7, passionate, waking up next to my current goddess type of totally on. Like literally licking every single drop of sweat off her body after marathon sex totally on and exploring every curve on her body as the freakfest continues all night.

Anything less is settling and I've got better things to do than settle: Like traveling, drinking beers and whiskey. Jumping out of planes, focusing on hobbies and growing as a cosmic spiritual entity.

Never settle.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:02 PM

271 posts, read 384,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post

Any relationship I have ever been in except for one, it was only because I was totally into the woman I was with. Like totally into her, and I honestly don't know if i can invest any amount of time, effort and love (and eventually tears) into a woman if I felt like I was settling.

It has to be totally on, 24/7, passionate, waking up next to my current goddess type of totally on. Like literally licking every single drop of sweat off her body after marathon sex totally on and exploring every curve on her body as the freakfest continues all night.

Anything less is settling and I've got better things to do than settle: Like traveling, drinking beers and whiskey. Jumping out of planes, focusing on hobbies and growing as a cosmic spiritual entity.

Never settle.
Absolutely ... this having to have someone thing probably makes more problems in life than pleasures.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:30 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
No, I'm saying your dad didn't teach you how to relate to women.

Good dads will talk to their sons about girls, teach them about their motivations, how to tell the decent girls from the head case girls, how to treat them, how to expect to be treated by them, etc.

This is actually removing same mistakes to the next generation.

It is very annoying when a guy has his bias and "attitude" towards women.

Another group are these guys: "I have 4 sisters and I know what you think, eat, drink, dislike, like and want"

Well, there was 3,52 billion women in the world at 2014 so... keep learning, boy...

Old 04-26-2016, 11:37 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,663,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post

Never settle.
Spoken like someone who doesn't have children. Nothing wrong with that, but life is a lot less binary than you pretend it to be.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:43 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
Spoken like someone who doesn't have children. Nothing wrong with that, but life is a lot less binary than you pretend it to be.
My vasectomy tends to keep things binary.

And it's so much better that way.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:21 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
No, I'm saying your dad didn't teach you how to relate to women.

Good dads will talk to their sons about girls, teach them about their motivations, how to tell the decent girls from the head case girls, how to treat them, how to expect to be treated by them, etc.
Your fixation on this father thing is really tiring in it's stupidity.
It relies on a 'perfect father' figure which doesn't exist.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:30 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Your fixation on this father thing is really tiring in it's stupidity.
It relies on a 'perfect father' figure which doesn't exist.
I agree. While parents are definitely influential, you can't blame them for everything. You can have awesome parents and still turn out messed up.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:05 AM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
Your looks and your inbox.

This is very...interesting. I always was under the assumption the 80/20 rule was anecdotal in nature even if it did make sense, that it could never be determined statistically/numerically. Well here's some actual hard data. According to this, women for the most part are repulsed by the average joe and believe an above average or decent looking man to be unattractive/undesirable. The main rub is that it isn't just attractive women who have these standards, but plain and clearly ugly women on that site also have similar standards despite their relative attractiveness.

Not that there is anything wrong with this, of course, but it would help if women were a lot more honest about it like they were in this survey when given anonymity. It's not about things like "personality" or "confidence", it really is all about looks. Take height, for example. There are countless women out there (more than the majority) who require a potential significant other to be at least 6 ft tall. What they don't realize is that only 13% of men are 6 ft and taller. Hence, it should come as no surprise why so many men fail in the dating world and end up as 40 year old virgins. Most women are simply repulsed by them.
I think the article if you read the whole thing proves the opposite of what you are saying. Yes women find only 20% of men to have above average looks, but according to the article women contact a much greater variety of men where as men laser focus their contact on the women they perceive as above average. Women are contacting that other 80% according to the exact same research and same article.

So if it's not looks, what is it that is making women contact these men they don't find physically above average? Probably personality, profiles and other non look related things. So where is the dishonesty? Women say they value things like personality and contact men who have that and not looks.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:15 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I agree. While parents are definitely influential, you can't blame them for everything. You can have awesome parents and still turn out messed up.
Agreed. It's like how some people on this forum. May have had super religious parents growing up, and they're atheists now. How children turn out in adulthood is not always how they were raised.

Sometimes kids are messed up because they do the opposite of how they were raised. Their parents tried giving advice and helping, but the children figure parents are just nosy, controlling, or have no idea what they're talking about. So they do what they want, and end up a train-wreck.

Or people with low self-esteem. Those that have low self-esteem didn't automatically have degrading or abusive parents.Some have parents who adore them, and do nothing but build them up. But their self-worth and validation doesn't come form their parents, so it doesn't count or help.

Last edited by HappyRain; 04-27-2016 at 05:35 AM..

Old 04-27-2016, 06:08 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Agreed. It's like how some people on this forum. May have had super religious parents growing up, and they're atheists now.

Sometimes kids are messed up because they do the opposite of how they were raised.
Or as in your previous example with religion, they're less messed up because they do the opposite of how they are raised. That happens a lot too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships