Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 09:05 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
The feeling that no one wants you is absolutly horrible and makes many men contemplate suicide. Its not just about not having sex, but the worst part is the feeling that no one likes you. I agree that is sucks to be taken advantage off, but its kind of their fault.
I just don't think that is a very good excuse, but I'm not going to act like that's never happened to me because it has. You can't control other people's actions, but you can control how you react, such as having confidence/ambition in yourself to want to change for the better. With over 7 billion people on this overpopulated planet there has to be someone for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 09:08 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I guess being outgoing or extroverted might be a natural trait some people are born with.
No "might" about it. That's how it is.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:11 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
I just don't think that is a very good excuse, but I'm not going to act like that's never happened to me because it has. You can't control other people's actions, but you can control how you react, such as having confidence/ambition in yourself to want to change for the better. With over 7 billion people on this overpopulated planet there has to be someone for everyone.
Well, you can think about it in a different way.

With over 7 billion people on this overpopulated planet there are not one girl that likes me.

I know this feeling, because I had that growing feeling in my late teens. Then I started reading about dating theory and I improved my dating abilities.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
I know making friends as an adult can be hard! I treasure the ones I have.

And I am working on it. I texted someone this morning I think is cool, and, after some back and forth, we have a coffee date for tuesday. I have another person in mind too but I dunno what i did with his phone number .

I am trying to get braver about reaching out .

Old 10-27-2013, 09:17 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
Another thing to consider is that family could sometimes be substitutted for their social needs, I know it's like that a lot of times in the hispanic culture (sister/brother, brother/sister in laws, etc..)
Yes, I get along well with my grandma and other family members. Suddenly I'm no longer introverted with them.

Only people I have close contacts with besides my parents and kid brother:
1) My grandmother and other family members
2) My long distance ex bf

You also said my correct ethnicity; I'm Hispanic.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:17 PM

470 posts, read 1,162,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I know making friends as an adult can be hard! I treasure the ones I have.

And I am working on it. I texted someone this morning I think is cool, and, after some back and forth, we have a coffee date for tuesday. I have another person in mind too but I dunno what i did with his phone number .

I am trying to get braver about reaching out .
Me too lol Ive signed up for some meetup groups in my area. Right now I'm dating someone and have been spending most of my time with her but yeah.. lol.

I think what has hurt me since moving here is that I have gotten into a rut and have always had my family there to keep me company. I have met people but they are more of acquantances and most have their own lives already. For instance one of my army buddies I met while living her has a wife/kids/job/etc..busy, another old college friend is working 60 hours/week in another city in the oil industry. The friend I did have that I spent time with we had a falling out a couple of months ago ;0.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:30 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
I agree. I haven't had much luck with male friends and I ended up distancing myself from a lot of them. I find females more willing and able to talk about feelings and I've found them to be better listeners. I got frustrated with my male friends and their need to drink, smoke pot or switch the subject whenever I'd try to talk about anything serious.

Perhaps a lot of the guys on here don't have any kind of support and there's no one around to encourage them or get them to see their positive aspects?

Woman are great at that and it nice for a female you do not know that well to say you can do it or you got this.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:41 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
How come guys don't talk to me about their feelings?!?!

Old 10-27-2013, 10:01 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I can't imagine. Two of my closest 3 friends are guys.

Do you ask about their feelings?

Old 10-27-2013, 10:09 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Some men may be even more sensitive than most women.So no matter how much we hurt inside we will do our best to not let it be known. We feel it, but we won’t show it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships