Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 10:10 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I think over half of the guys are kids ~21 years of age who are simply trying to have fun and get a rise out of other posters. Those are the ones who create the charts and outlandish theories and stuff. They're probably college kids procrastinating while studying for their midterms. Maybe somewhat socially backwards, but I have no doubt they'll do well in their 20s if they are decent looking.

The other half of the 'whiners' as you say are real guys who have faced a lot of rejection for various reasons, and I'd loosely put myself in this group. Those are the guys that you know from work, school, and your social circles who you have rejected, or can imagine doing badly with women. But you like them as people. There's some other posters who seem like nice dudes, but I don't want to name them by name.

Just normal dudes all around you. If my ex-girlfriends were to see some of the stuff I've posted, they'd be shocked I'm sure. I have some pretty bad moments, but at least I can admit it.

Sympathy makes this world a more bearable place.
To be a man is to know rejection (vis a vis women at least, but men are historically the risk takers in other areas of life as well...to risk big necessarily means losing big at times). It's a reality of the male condition and in no way makes you special as a guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I imagine they seem fairly normal in real life. However, if I were the "thought police", I'd not allow any of them to buy a gun. They're getting worse every day.
Think very carefully about what you just said there.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:19 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Well this is regarding all the posters online who for some reason claimed to have no luck in the dating or relationship world at all and have made thousands of posts about it. What I've noticed is the whiners are mainly male posters. There might be some angry women too but not at the same rate as the male posters lately.

I know for sure it's either probably unlikely I'll bump into one of those posters or if I do, I might not recognize him. However, if I were to know who he is and purposely date him for a couple days, will he act different or the same as he presented himself on forums?

Is it really that bad as they're claiming??? Or is it all in their minds???
I don't encounter nearly the same percentage of whiners in real life that I do on this forum. I think we're dealing with a very skewed sample of humanity, here.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:20 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I can't imagine. Two of my closest 3 friends are guys.

Do you ask about their feelings?
Probably because I don't have any guy friends (which I am sad about).

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Some men may be even more sensitive than most women.So no matter how much we hurt inside we will do our best to not let it be known. We feel it, but we won’t show it.
That's too bad.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Me, OTOH, I am much nicer and more polite IRL and I use the forum to practice being less nice. Because my friends said I should.

But I have some (lots) of ambivalence about that, so my posts kinda alternate nice and cranky.
You're no different than anybody else on here. People will cut the crap and share their unfiltered thoughts with no social risk when you give them a relatively anonymous platform to rabble rouse on.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:23 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I don't encounter nearly the same percentage of whiners in real life that I do on this forum. I think we're dealing with a very skewed sample of humanity, here.
Agreed. Same here.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:29 PM

4,196 posts, read 4,449,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Well this is regarding all the posters online who for some reason claimed to have no luck in the dating or relationship world at all and have made thousands of posts about it. What I've noticed is the whiners are mainly male posters. There might be some angry women too but not at the same rate as the male posters lately.

I know for sure it's either probably unlikely I'll bump into one of those posters or if I do, I might not recognize him. However, if I were to know who he is and purposely date him for a couple days, will he act different or the same as he presented himself on forums?

Is it really that bad as they're claiming??? Or is it all in their minds???
It likely runs a spectrum of situations which my summary from another thread on Psych forum some time ago may provide insight. I surmise some are the same in real life while another group has legitimate concerns (socially inept) but do not know how to go about doing something about it. Then there's probably another group that just need to mature and experience more by, perhaps, reaching greater physical and emotional maturity or get over the hump, per se, when they actually meet someone that they can relate too and who reciprocate, creating a new found confidence.

//www.city-data.com/forum/psych...se-online.html

Old 10-27-2013, 10:36 PM

4,196 posts, read 4,449,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
How come guys don't talk to me about their feelings?!?!
LOL You made me recall this classic 70s song by Morris Albert

Morris Albert - Feelings 1975 - YouTube

Old 10-27-2013, 10:41 PM

470 posts, read 1,162,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
That's what you think lol, as others have posted people act differently, sometimes very differently on the internet than in real life.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney Halleck View Post
Any online relationship forum that is not deliberately regulated against male posters whining and Red Pill criticism of the current sexual marketplace will, inevitably, descend into a forum full of male whinners and Red Pill criticism of the sexual marketplace. Without heavy censorship, the future of the City Data Relationship forum is decidedly Red Pill.
With heavy censorship of "red pill" talk and regulation of what men are are "allowed" to complain about, you're basically left with a blue pill, feminist echo chamber like you see on Jezebel or Feministe. What fun would that be? Essentially you'd be proving what the "manosphere" suggests: that widespread dissent on this topic is intolerably dangerous to the agenda being pushed, and must be dealt with.

I prefer to see this place as the wild west. If you're a rad-fem or a red-pill'er, you better bring your helmet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships