Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 10:53 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,589,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
That's what you think lol, as others have posted people act differently, sometimes very differently on the internet than in real life.
True...such as compulsively typing "lol" when they're clearly not laughing out loud. Unless "acting differently on the internet" means doing nothing but lying and/or trolling, however, I still maintain that this is a very skewed sample of the population. The people I know in real life date if they want to date. If they have a dry spell where they're unable to get dates for some reason, they fix it, rather than attempting to blame their problems on the entire opposite sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 10:59 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,729,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Well this is regarding all the posters online who for some reason claimed to have no luck in the dating or relationship world at all and have made thousands of posts about it. What I've noticed is the whiners are mainly male posters. There might be some angry women too but not at the same rate as the male posters lately.

I know for sure it's either probably unlikely I'll bump into one of those posters or if I do, I might not recognize him. However, if I were to know who he is and purposely date him for a couple days, will he act different or the same as he presented himself on forums?

Is it really that bad as they're claiming??? Or is it all in their minds???
I know im different, im confident because thats what my career demands, like frog lol, im usually everyones sounding board. I think it hard to really know ppl online because you cant see there facial expressions or body language. Lol online im defently my gemini self lol.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:02 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,844,220 times
If people don't like the whining, then don't open the posts or threads and then it ... magically goes away!

Unless it's your MO to feel greater than others by pointing out their faults, and how your fortitude is vastly superior of course.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:12 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,608,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
LOL You made me recall this classic 70s song by Morris Albert

Morris Albert - Feelings 1975 - YouTube
Great song!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I prefer to see this place as the wild west. If you're a rad-fem or a red-pill'er, you better bring your helmet.
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
True...such as compulsively typing "lol" when they're clearly not laughing out loud.
I lol when I type lol.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:24 PM

60 posts, read 121,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
With heavy censorship of "red pill" talk and regulation of what men are are "allowed" to complain about, you're basically left with a blue pill, feminist echo chamber like you see on Jezebel or Feministe. What fun would that be? Essentially you'd be proving what the "manosphere" suggests: that widespread dissent on this topic is intolerably dangerous to the agenda being pushed, and must be dealt with.

I prefer to see this place as the wild west. If you're a rad-fem or a red-pill'er, you better bring your helmet.
I agree with you 100%.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:44 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,977,037 times
All the bitter posts come late at night.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:08 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,570,189 times
Around what time do the sweet posts pick up?

Old 10-28-2013, 09:01 AM

7,868 posts, read 10,260,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
I tend to think that people exhibit their whackiest, most negative or angry side of their personalities on forums. People use forums like this to vent a lot of the time or to put stuff out there to discuss among people they don't know rather than their family or friends.

I see lots of whiny posts here from guys, but I am not going to assume they're like that in real life. A lot of men have trouble expressing feelings or emotions, so they most likely keep it locked inside while going about their daily lives, while such issues progressively eat away at them. Perhaps if there was less pressure to man up from an early age? I don't know.

people engage with their alter egos on online forums

I whine like a crow in pain and spout opinionated political views around this place , I do not do that in real life , I don't know if that sounds believable but its true

Old 10-28-2013, 09:08 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
How come guys don't talk to me about their feelings?!?!
Really? Guys always do now a days. I'm actually glad. Keeping it in causes stress and can lead to health problems.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:11 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,947,658 times
C-D seems to attract and exagerate the percentage of men who seem to really struggle and have it rough. Those men are out there, no doubt, but to read C-D you would think it is 80% of the male population when it is really a small minority.

That said, I have a suspicion that a healthy percentage of posts along those lines tend to be people "stirring the pot" for online entertainment purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships