Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 07:22 PM

9 posts, read 7,807 times

Advertisements

I'm in a LD relationship with a 34 year old woman who is madly in love with me, I am 23. She is a very good girlfriend and is very patient with me. She is attractive and super intelligent. We have been fighting a lot because of the distance. It's really hard on me, not only sexually, but I am a very emotional man and I love cuddling and kissing. We haven't had sex since July and I haven't seen her since Labor Day, she refused to sleep with me because I was high and emotionally abusive towards her from august until then. We cuddled a lot though.

Now we had more fights and she is in therapy because of me. Our relationship went well(it started in April). She is the best woman I have been with and wants me to be her last and wants to marry me. I have said so many hurtful things to her and broke her heart many times.

She is asking me for time. I have went down to see her three times now. She has not come to see me once. I asked her to please come up for a weekend and we can talk it over in person. She wants time and more time. I said "Babe, we havent had sex since july, im a young man, can you not understand that?". I'm a good looking young dude and if I went out I could find another, but I've had something with her that I havent had with another woman, I feel so comfortable with her and almost like husband/wife already.

I don't know what to do! I am so horny and have been going through a lot of stress and depression besides that. I really just to cuddle and be intimiate again. I miss kissing. I miss having a woman. I am only 23. I am so confused. I don't want to cheat. But I don't know how much longer she expects me to wait!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 07:36 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDead5555 View Post
I'm in a LD relationship with a 34 year old woman who is madly in love with me, I am 23. She is a very good girlfriend and is very patient with me. She is attractive and super intelligent. We have been fighting a lot because of the distance. It's really hard on me, not only sexually, but I am a very emotional man and I love cuddling and kissing. We haven't had sex since July and I haven't seen her since Labor Day, she refused to sleep with me because I was high and emotionally abusive towards her from august until then. We cuddled a lot though.

Now we had more fights and she is in therapy because of me. Our relationship went well(it started in April). She is the best woman I have been with and wants me to be her last and wants to marry me. I have said so many hurtful things to her and broke her heart many times.

She is asking me for time. I have went down to see her three times now. She has not come to see me once. I asked her to please come up for a weekend and we can talk it over in person. She wants time and more time. I said "Babe, we havent had sex since july, im a young man, can you not understand that?". I'm a good looking young dude and if I went out I could find another, but I've had something with her that I havent had with another woman, I feel so comfortable with her and almost like husband/wife already.

I don't know what to do! I am so horny and have been going through a lot of stress and depression besides that. I really just to cuddle and be intimiate again. I miss kissing. I miss having a woman. I am only 23. I am so confused. I don't want to cheat. But I don't know how much longer she expects me to wait!

Do you guys have any plans of moving in together in the future?

You two need to make some plans spending quality time with each other. You said you have been going through a lot of stress and depression? Are you in therapy as well? Does she know that you are depressed?

Does she want a long term relationship with you or this is just a fling? I think you need to have a heart to heart conversation with her.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:39 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
About the only thing I got out of that is that you are not having sex but you are also not really missing her either.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:54 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
Man, wake up! Your relationship is a mess, you are fighting all the time, she is witholding sex, she is therapy because of you, you are in a long distance relationship and you are with a woman who is 11 years older than you who is likely to hit menopause soon.

Just break up and find someone closer to your own age. There are many girls at your age who is smart and compassionate.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:21 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Not worth it. Move on.

High and emotionally abusive? Well, don't ever do that again either!

Old 10-27-2013, 08:30 PM

Basically, the distance made me like that and it's not her fault. We genuinely love each other which makes breaking up hard. She says she doesn't want to be friends and see me move on with another girl because she would be jealous. She's stuck by my side a lot and more than most woman would. It's just, the distance and lonliness is really getting to me. It's not like I can call her up after a bad day and go hang out with her that night or meet up for dinner after a fight. It's really hard to handle issues this way. I find it easier to communicate in person and this is really, really hard. Every time I try to explain it she makes me feel guilty and says I broke her heart and made her cry. She also feels the need to tell me how many men would love a woman like her, so I feel like I'd be losing out to break up with her... Honestly, I am bugging out and going crazy because of this relationship. I'm a shy dude and I'm not sure the chemistry will be the same with another girl. Going months and months without seeing your girlfriend is reallyyy hard though.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:39 PM

You don't actually have a relationship.

You have a situation where a woman calls you on the phone every once in a while and makes you feel bad about yourself.

A person who "genuinely loves you" would not need to remind you how many other men would love to be with her.

I will say it straight: Staying with someone like that because you're afraid you won't find that chemistry elsewhere is stupid. Respect yourself and move on.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You don't actually have a relationship.

You have a situation where a woman calls you on the phone every once in a while and makes you feel bad about yourself.

A person who "genuinely loves you" would not need to remind you how many other men would love to be with her.

I will say it straight: Staying with someone like that because you're afraid you won't find that chemistry elsewhere is stupid. Respect yourself and move on.

That may be true. She's been like that since the beginning, even before the fighting. Telling me how guys check her out, it made me so paranoid. I think that might be the problem. I mean, she bought me birthday presents, she paid for the hotel, i paid for my flights, we split meals, she kissed my hand. I thought it was true love. Now, I am not so sure. All of my guy friends think I am crazy and say "Get another girl and just don't tell her", I am not like that at all and I have a conscience, I would like a piece of trash for that.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:49 PM

Also, in the beginning she was joking around saying that if I had a twin she would make us fight and take the winner. Saying "two hot guys fighting over me" or something. Is that normal?

Old 10-27-2013, 08:49 PM

The best part of LDRs is that breaking up is easier. Just tell her you can't go on like this, and you don't see a future for the two of you.

She will rail because it will be an ego blow. But that's all she'll really care about, I'm afraid, Her ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships