Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:56 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
Marriage is a funny thing. The partners are ALL OVER each other the first few months, then the husband hurts her feelings or does something stupid (in her opinion) so SHE slacks up because she cannot get the hots for an unfeeling/unthinking turd, then he is in a huff because he is not getting any so HE decides he does not want any from the b*$%h anyway so he starts turning her away, then SHE gets her feelings hurt MORE because he would not touch her so she gets even icier... see how this works?

Well this scenario is a serious problem. My husband and I went through something similar, not quite this bad, a few years ago. After about 8 sessions of marriage counseling, everything was back to normal in our lives and back to getting along and lots of sex again.

However, anyone who lives like this and doesn't seek help should probably be divorced, this is no way to live. If a couple does not divorce or seek counseling and continues to live this way ~ I DO NOT condone cheating at all ~ but if this is how your living I would think that neither spouse could really blame or get upset with the other spouse for cheating.

No one should have to go without sex from their spouse, this is no way to live ~ unless neither spouse wants sex at all from their spouse or anybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 01:31 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,542,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAQWAS View Post
Get Real People.how Many Of You Have Hit On A Married Person Or Know Someone Who Has.no Matter How Well You Think You Know Your Partner,unless You Can Engage 100% 24/7 There Going To Get Board And Cheat On You.
Sorry, but not all married people cheat.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:37 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
Sorry, but not all married people cheat.
Please don't feed the TROLL!

Old 11-21-2007, 01:38 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
Quote:
Get Real People.how Many Of You Have Hit On A Married Person Or Know Someone Who Has.no Matter How Well You Think You Know Your Partner,unless You Can Engage 100% 24/7 There Going To Get Board And Cheat On You.
Some of us have self respect and dignity.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:48 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
I'm single, but every male friend I have that's married claims they get sex less often now that they're hitched. One guy in particular lived with his girlfriend for years, having two children with her along the way. Then right after they got married her sex drive went down to almost nothing.

Here's an interesting link from the Times that discusses this very subject:

Not tonight, dear . . . in fact, not ever - Times Online

Old 11-21-2007, 02:02 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,176,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Why are there so many men on the internet who are married, looking for fun, claim the wife won't "do anything"?
What's up with that???

So, do men prefer to settle down with less sexually (frigid) types? This seems to be the norm?
So what brings these people together? Did he have a fat wallet sticking out the back of his jeans? Did she wear a nice padded bra? Did the relatives say she was a nice girl?

I am really curious about this, because obviously, marriage isn't about sex at all.

I think the question for the guy would be, why does your wife not want to sleep with you?
Men shouldn't expect to treat their wives poorly (no respect, friendship, affection etc) and still expect their wives to "preform".
They also shouldn't expect their wives to go out and work all day then come home, cook dinner, clean up, take care of the kids etc. That is another cause for a woman to not want sex.
Also another cause could be a hormone imbalance or feeling in a rut. If a woman doesnt feel good about herself she is much less likely to want to have sex.

Most women stop or cut back on having sex with their husbands because the are not getting what they need from their spouse.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:04 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I have never cheated on a SO. Never have...never will. Maybe if they brought back stoning for those commiting adultry...cheaters might think twice. Cheaters are scum of the earth.
And I most certainly would not marry for sex. I would marry as an act of love and commitment to her alone. It's a bond between two people and about as close as one can become to another. And with the love and commitment I would think sex should be a part of that closeness. If these people are getting married and then sex is reduced to nothing...I'd say there are problems and issues that need to be addressed concerning the marriage. Perhaps they should never have gotten married. The last thing two people should do is get married just because they have sex.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:07 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Maybe it's the other way around, wifey may have let herself go and hubby isn't attracted

"I am really curious about this, because obviously, marriage isn't about sex at all."

It's about Love. It's pretty simple really, people make it much more complicated than it has to be.

Never, never, ever, ever met a man who was looking for love.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:08 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,176,369 times
Quote:

As the others have said not all married people cheat. Maybe it is people such as yourself that have led to the down fall of marriage.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:08 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,514,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I have never cheated on a SO. Never have...never will. Maybe if they brought back stoning for those commiting adultry...cheaters might think twice. Cheaters are scum of the earth.
And I most certainly would not marry for sex. I would marry as an act of love and commitment to her alone. It's a bond between two people and about as close as one can become to another. And with the love and commitment I would think sex should be a part of that closeness. If these people are getting married and then sex is reduced to nothing...I'd say there are problems and issues that need to be addressed concerning the marriage. Perhaps they should never have gotten married. The last thing two people should do is get married just because they have sex.

I agree with you, cheating is terrible. It is betrayal, a lie. I don't believe someone can have a foot in 2 different camps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships