Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 11:25 AM

330 posts, read 545,061 times

Advertisements

2 weeks ago. By a patient, who was very openly flirtatious with me and appeared to make excuses to talk longer, even after the appointment was over, by asking me all sorts of questions (even personal questions).
From a personal standpoint, i feel uncomfortable, not only due to the fact that he´s only 19 years old, but also because i will have to see him many times, as he has a lot of work that has to be done.
From a financial standpoint, i´m not too unhappy about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
In the vein of trying to be positive, a gay guy did say he would kiss me while we were standing outside of a bar once. But I don't know if he was joking or not. As far as the last woman who has hit on me in 40 years, the next will be the first.
Lmao!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 12:09 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,298,587 times
I think I might have gotten "negged" and hit on by a woman this past Saturday. I was not planning on going out because I was just watching some sports with an old friend at his apartment. We had a few drinks and decided to walk down to a neighborhood bar to watch the world series and check out some of the Halloween costumes. I didn't bother getting dressed up, so I just wore an old t-shirt from a marathon I ran in the late 90s with holes in the armpits and some sweatpants that I had recently used for painting. I admit I was not looking my best, as I was also sporting about two weeks' worth of beard and I have a slight black eye/nose because my dog headbutted me while I was trying to give her a bath. I was sitting at the bar with my friend when a dyed green haired woman about my age (early thirties) dressed up like a ninja crossed with a stripper or a superheroine of some sort came over to my stool and said "That's a great homeless guy costume, I love it." My friend started laughing and I thanked her and went back to the game. About two minutes later she came back and sat next to us and started chatting again. I think she realized I was not wearing a costume because she started giving me a really hard time about being poorly dressed. I am not sure what she was trying to accomplish, but she seemed hell bent on convincing me that I should not have left the house that evening. She made fun of my neck beard and she kept tugging on my chin hairs. I was actually a bit irritated because I was trying to watch the game and I already have a girlfriend, her harassment was preventing me from smoking my pipe, and I hadn't had a chance to talk to my friend in years as he's been in Afghanistan (he is a JAG lawyer with some great stories). My friend started talking to some other guy who was watching the baseball game and I wanted to break off contact with ninja green so I got up to go to the restroom. She followed me down the hallway and gave me a slight shove when the hallway forked into two separate paths to the different restrooms. I peed much faster than her so I got back to my seat and got another drink and my pipe lit before she even came out. She went back to her friends but kept giving me a look every time I looked in her direction. When the game ended on a controversial call, a bunch of people started milling around right behind me. I hate being bumped and disrupted when I am having a conversation or smoking a pipe, so I was doubly irritated while trying to do both. I got up and headed for the door, and as I walked past the ninja she acted apologetic and said she was just teasing with the insults and that I should stay a while longer. I was in a hurry to get home to my girlfriend and my dogs, so I just shook my head and left. If I were single I am confident I would have gotten her number and gone out with her, but I'm happily in a relationship so I don't care.

Last edited by Chemistry_Guy; 10-29-2013 at 12:50 PM..

Old 10-29-2013, 12:21 PM

20,761 posts, read 19,968,204 times
I'll keep it short. Today. By my boss.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Let's see... it was about 3 or 4 months ago in a subway station while I was waiting for my train to go visit my guy and some of his friends for a video game night. I had my headphones in but he got really close to my face and just stared at me until I took them out. Then he said 'You gotta man?' and I said yes. He said something along the lines of 'well, if you ever want to upgrade, I'll be here waiting for you'.

He was at least 30 years older than me, spelled like urine and weed and was more than likely homeless.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:50 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times
Saturday night at a mutual friend's birthday party. I had never met her. She was pretty blatent. Asked my name, how old I was, other questions about me. Kept dancing with me and gave me a kiss when she left. Added me on FB the next day.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:50 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
In the vein of trying to be positive, a gay guy did say he would kiss me while we were standing outside of a bar once. But I don't know if he was joking or not. As far as the last woman who has hit on me in 40 years, the next will be the first.
Same here. Never been hit on by a woman, but plenty of gay guys.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:57 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
I never know when I am being hit on. I can't tell friendly from flirting (some men are too subtle for me... or more likely, I just need to be whacked over the head with a flirt or just asked a number or something clear). But I am told that men do flirt with me, even if I don't see it.

Last time I didn't see it, but was told a man was flirting with me was when I borrowed a friend's truck. It has plates from another state. As I was unloading it, this man started talking to me. After a while, he started putting on a fake accent from the state on the plates. After a while, I couldn't resist and asked him why he was talking to me like that (I didn't make a connection with the plates at first). He said it was so I would feel at home, pointing to the plates on the truck. I told him that the truck wasn't mine and that I was borrowing if from a friend and the he (the friend) was from the state in question. The man and I laughed about it a bit but he left me alone soon afterwards.

See, I don't see that as flirting, but the friend I borrowed the truck from laughed at me when I told him the story and he says the man was flirting with me and that when I mentioned a male friend, he probably though I had a boyfriend. I still don't see it though, I don't know how it was flirting if someone is just talking to me and being nice. But, I figured I would post it anyway.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:25 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
A cute curly haired guy today when I was on my daily jogging.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:42 PM

428 posts, read 445,552 times
It was Rae, she does it daily! lmao

Old 10-29-2013, 04:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
To quote a coworker "Must be nice."

IRL I have never been hit on.

But the staff robots on dating sites send me stock messages from women who have never visited my profile before, so I guess that's something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships