Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 08:37 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,728,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmsniffer View Post
No, it's not wrong.

Sounds like you're bitter that she didn't pick you.
I didn't offer a serious relationship to her nor did I want one from her. I'm not bitter that it didn't work out. I was annoyed by her attempt to fool me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 09:35 PM

37,502 posts, read 45,824,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
My OP stated 2 discussions. One was that she had been meeting people online but hadn't dated anyone beyond the first meeting. That discussion was first and at that point she was telling me the truth. The second discussion was about her out of state friend that came to visit for a week. Obviously someone you meet on a dating site that travels by plane to see you twice isn't a friend. The effort was made by her to make the situation UNCLEAR. Here is how she could have made it clear: A guy I met on a dating site is flying in for a week to see me. There. Not hard at all to make clearer.
She lied. Thankfully there are plenty of other people out there, that don't.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:52 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,473,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
This is something that happened a while ago. I was casually dating someone. It had just been 1-2 months. She said that she sometimes meets other people online, but they were just dates, not anyone that she ended up being interested in dating again. So she said a friend was coming into town to visit for a week. She was new to the area, so it seemed very believable that a friend from another state would visit. About a month later the friend visited again for a week. So I asked for details, because it would be very unusual for an out of state friend to visit again after a short time. It turned out that it was someone from a dating site, who soon after moved in with her. I think it would be fine if she didn't tell me what was up the first visit, since you never know if you will actually like the person you haven't met yet. But for her to say, that it's a friend visiting the second time is a lie. What do you think?
What she did was cruel and deceitful. She is trash. You're well rid of her.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:58 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,878,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOT View Post

Only suckers believe that.

I don't agree dude. If you're talking to a girl on a regular basis, both people shouldn't really be going on dates with anyone else whether or not they're "exclusive"

However, dating around is not a bad thing and if you only go out with a person once or twice there's no reason to worry about it. What this girl did in the OP was low class.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:42 AM

2,729 posts, read 2,692,138 times
Wrong to not say. Some people are loyal. If there is a loyal person who is dating only with one person but this one person dates with ten others this loyal one would not even want to date with this multible dating person because multiple person already breaks loyal persons values. Multiple person steal loyal persons time, waste loyal persons time.

Last edited by soUlwounD; 10-30-2013 at 02:05 AM..

Old 10-30-2013, 01:32 AM

10,931 posts, read 11,696,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you are dating one person, you shouldn't be dating anyone else, period.
That is to say that the only object of dating is to find a life-partner?

Old 10-30-2013, 05:00 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,878,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
That is to say that the only object of dating is to find a life-partner?

Just because you're not looking for a life partner doesn't give you the right to lie to the person you're dating. No decent person does that to someone else.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:52 AM

11,771 posts, read 11,992,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Just because you're not looking for a life partner doesn't give you the right to lie to the person you're dating. No decent person does that to someone else.
^^This. If you're dating more than one person, and not being honest about it, you are obviously trying to hide something.

I don't think anyone is saying you can't date more than one person, but these things need to be stated up-front, so everyone knows where they stand and can make informed choices.

What I don't really understand is dating multiple people for several months. I can see that after one date maybe you're not quite ready to be exclusive with a person, but two months later and you still don't know? My impression is that you're not into any of them enough to to commit to just one. If all you want is dating, and your variety of dates are all aware, then no harm, no foul.

It's not something I could do, beause I was always looking for one person to have a relationship with, not multiple people to just have a series of dates with.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:32 AM

7,868 posts, read 10,265,347 times
im going on a second date with a woman tomorrow nite but im also going on a first date with another girl on Saturday , the woman im going on the second date with is way more into me than im into her

Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM

374 posts, read 392,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't agree dude. If you're talking to a girl on a regular basis, both people shouldn't really be going on dates with anyone else whether or not they're "exclusive"

However, dating around is not a bad thing and if you only go out with a person once or twice there's no reason to worry about it. What this girl did in the OP was low class.
Agreed, I understand dating around and seeing different people if you're only going on a date or two, but once it goes past that and whether you are "exclusive" doesn't matter.

It's disrespectful to the person that you're seeing, it would tell me that you can't trust the other person.

This is one of the things I hated about dating, it felt like a game and there were so many rules and protocols that you had to follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships