Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 01:00 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
What the heck? All I ever see on this forum from the young guys are posts spewing their emotions all over the place. 'No women will ever be attracted to me,' 'All women are gold diggers,' 'Single moms are unattractive,'etc.
On a lighter note , I tried not to date single Moms back then and it was not that they were unattractive , it was the messed up kids the were saddled with. I even went so far as to get engaged to a single Mon , great Gal., but i had to end the relationship , this kid actually was an ankle biter of the first degree, he had dam sharp teeth and She was helpless to do anything about it !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 01:21 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Are you talking about decades ago? That's the population that generally lives in cities nowdays. Suburbs are full of families who are there for the "good schools", churches, parks, etc., not so much the single party people. (Yes, this is a huge overgeneralization, but it's generally true.)
Back then things were not really that much different than today.Yes the outer burbs were just developing the bedroom community's , like Desperate Housewife's in some cases like Naperville, which grew over night from all the city flight that was going on. These singles complexes were there for a reason, again , there IS life outside the city , not much I know , but there sure was a need for young singles to live somewhere. Remember , the School teachers were in high demand , to teach all the little brats that came from all the Bedroom community's...all over the west side and the north side as well. Not all Pharma Rep gals wanted to live in the city ether. There was , and is , a lot of traffic that mover north and south and never meets the City. My office was in Lemont , so , why would I want to live in the city ? There were thousands like me , and there also were many professionals who rode the train everyday just like their married counter parts.

You still have not said a thing about Four Lakes , you must have heard of it ? In defense of your thoughts , I do understand why a lot of singles live in the city, like I said my niece loves it, first place she headed right out of school at 21, now at 25 I doubt she will ever change, a lot to do with her interest in the arts and Chicago is where its at , no doubt !

Old 11-01-2013, 02:34 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
I think it's funny when people say something does not exist because they have "never heard of it."

Village Amenities

There are places like this across the sunbelt and west coast.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:41 PM

451 posts, read 769,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppage View Post
That leaves only the weekends as possibilities. Still, where the Hell do you meet women? I guess the only place where it is appropriate to talk to random women is the bars.
Depends on what kind of woman you want to meet. Want to meet a woman who reads? Hang out in bookstores. Want to meet a woman who goes to church? Go to church and join a Bible study. Want to meet a woman who likes baseball? Go to baseball games. It isn't inappropriate to talk to people in venues other than bars. Just approach them like a normal person with normal conversation (no pick-up lines). "Oh, that's a great book, I really love that author! Have you read anything else of his?" "I'm not feeling too confident about our bullpen this year. What do you think?"

Old 11-01-2013, 05:30 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
When a lot of the worst morality guys have no problem getting ladies but others struggle, I can believe it is a lot of average guys who have the greatest struggle finding dates.
Huh?

Old 11-01-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
sunbelt and west coast.
That explains it. Not places I would choose to live, other than possibly downtown San Fran, Portland, or Seattle. Even in L.A. there are much better places to live than suburban apartment complexes.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
You still have not said a thing about Four Lakes , you must have heard of it ?!
I haven't, sorry. I'll google it.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I haven't, sorry. I'll google it.
Lisle? Have never met anyone who is from there or has lived there. If I were going to live that far from the city (which I have no plans to ever do), I'd probably look for a quasi-urban walkable area like downtown Naperville. I went there once for a wedding, which means I apparently drove past Lisle on the expressway (according to Google maps), but I know nothing about it or what makes it any different than 100 other sprawling burbs.

Last edited by nearnorth; 11-01-2013 at 05:46 PM..

Old 11-01-2013, 06:52 PM

543 posts, read 534,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
What the heck? All I ever see on this forum from the young guys are posts spewing their emotions all over the place. 'No women will ever be attracted to me,' 'All women are gold diggers,' 'Single moms are unattractive,'etc.
Did you ever stop to consider that many of us have no other outlet or means of expression regarding emotions? Society provides multiple outlets for women in this aspect and welcomes it. The same can't be said for men. In fact the response is typically hostile. Just as yours was. Way to go.

Last edited by flathead4; 11-01-2013 at 07:10 PM..

Old 11-01-2013, 07:47 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Did you ever stop to consider that many of us have no other outlet or means of expression regarding emotions? Society provides multiple outlets for women in this aspect and welcomes it. The same can't be said for men. In fact the response is typically hostile. Just as yours was. Way to go.
Of course. Cause women have everything and men have nothing.

Got it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships