Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 10:49 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times

Advertisements

Here's my most recent success places:

Elevator in my building at work
Cafe in my building at work
Sports bar (no joke, couple ladies sat next to the table from me and we had a good time. Ended up taking them both home. They were LOADED with money too. Even bought my drinks.)
Through friends and friend's girlfriends
5K races
Gym/warehouses

It does help to have a wingman. Think of meeting women as networking. Also, it's about confidence, not arrogance. It helps if you do not come off as desperate and just there to have a good time with NO PRESSURE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 11:37 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
Its highly risky for the man to approach women in public places. You run the risk of coming across a woman who is having a bad day. There might be an undercover cop who assumes you're bothering the woman or she might not like how you look and call the cops on you. I don't advice any man to approach women. Its nonsense. Do you remember that thread where some guy asked if its okay to look at women who dress short skirts and what not? Yeah, its similar to that. Women do want to be approached but not by guys who aren't her type and her type is more likely than not, some other guy.
Wow, defeatist, much? What if you're someone's type, but you pass her by because you're assuming the worst?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down;
And the women who are genuinely attracted to a guy will approach me. Seen it many a time.
This is true. Women do approach, though this contradicts C-D folklore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down;
Try to have friends introduce you to women. Forget approaching women. Your physical integrity is far more important than a phone number that is probably fake.
"Your physical integrity"?! You sound like a drama queen. What's she gonna do, wrestle you to the ground and perform diabolical scientific experiments on you?

Old 10-31-2013, 11:56 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Your physical integrity"?! You sound like a drama queen. What's she gonna do, wrestle you to the ground and perform diabolical scientific experiments on you?

Ooooh, that would be awesome.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:08 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,163,903 times
i met my SO at a bar on the weekend. we were both a little out of college and working FT. he approached me...he did have a wingman LOL it honestly made all the difference. hearing a guy talk up himself is a turn off but hearing it from his friend seems more genuine.

he wasn't pushy or annoying, just friendly though obviously interested. we bumped into each other a few times after that at the same bar and then he gave me his number.

Last edited by brocco; 10-31-2013 at 12:27 PM..

Old 10-31-2013, 12:21 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Ha.. all over...

Bars, dance clubs, beaches, gym, mall, hair salon, tanning salon, walking your dog, just going on walks, pool halls, concerts (live music often has many)

Obviously these select guys here scare themselves to death at the thought of approaching a woman.

What are these guys saying? "Will you be my gf?" Or "will you go home with me?"

About 90% of normal women arent going to freak out if you strike up some normal friendly conversation at a bar or concert. Gym can be very hard and I would never attempt to "pick up" a girl there, but just make friends amd that leads into more.

The whole point is to be as friendly and non threatening as possible. Helps if you're with friends so you can kinda show you're normal enough some people will associate with you lol.

I usually like to find a girl in a group of girls that appears to be having no fun then I'd go up and tell her "do you always stand there looking so mad when you should be out having fun?" If you deliver it right its not hard to get a big smile and they explain how they werent mad or something.

I also like to dance so sometimes I'll find a girl not dancing and be like "do you actually go dance or do you just stand there looking bored?"

Stuff like that works for me but I have a kind of bubbly goofy personality thats pretty fun and non threatening so I can get away with it. Just takes a lot of practice and such.

Best thing you can do is humor. That and be friendly. Also learn to take a hint at times. Worse case scenario you get a cold shoulder and you go laugh to your buddies about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-31-2013, 01:33 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,814,491 times
So much talk about wingmen, lets not forget the pros of having wingwomen.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:35 PM

255 posts, read 373,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow, defeatist, much? What if you're someone's type, but you pass her by because you're assuming the worst?
This is true. Women do approach, though this contradicts C-D folklore.
I'm not her type. The type of men women below the age of 30 go for is: tall, dark and handsome. Maybe they'll accept blond if he's tall and built good enough for them. Women aged 30 and upwards, now I did get a lot of ''interest'' from that age group but when they insist on asking what I do for a living instead of asking my name first I tune them out and return to my iphone. Its like, when I'd dress nicely I'd have women stare up and down and ask what I'd do for a living. Nowadays I use greased out clothes when I have to go to work( I change when I reach my working place) and I don't shave my face anymore. Bam, I'm invisible again .

Defeatist? Do you think I'm defeatist when I tell you I don't have it in me to join Nasa? I don't need to visit Cape Kennedy and talk to the people who do the recruting to know I could never be part of NASA . Ok, I could be a janitor but that ain't what I was looking for .

You don't need to approach women nor do you need to talk to women to get to know them in order to scout out what she's interested in. There is such a thing as being universally attractive. Brad Pitt banks his commercial success on that. The subjects I had to study back in college were so boring, I would spend most of the time observing the people around me. It was so obvious how attracted the women were to a selected few. I had a handful of decent looking guys in that class and the rest of the class was majorly female, but the only guys who ever received any attention - any notion that the women noticed their existence - was the surfer type, the frat boy, the quarterback star and the kind of dude you see in True blood; brooding and dark, tall and handsome.

Not even the average looking girls payed any heed to the average guys .

Outside of college I'd notice how the only men with a girl by their side were men who looked like models. The women were below-average to above average and the men they had, the men they couldn't get enough of were all 6 feet tall and taller and all of these guys could play the role of Thor.

Like everyone I use daily transportation. I don't do it much - to pay attention to what other people are doing - but when I did I'd trace where the women had their eyes so fixated upon, and it was 9 times out of 10, the Alpha male. Heh, I had to control this hearty chuckle when the train I was at was something like 20 young women staring the hell out of this 6'3'' Australian blond Surfer. You think these women didn't approach the guy? I have never seen such a chatty train before, LOL.

Dude, when I was 17 years old I was walking down the street with my mother. It was during the winter and she had this long coat. She pressed her back against the wall and her coat became dirty with chalk. I gently used my hand to get it off and these 3 guys inside their cars thought I was assaulting my mother. They quickly exited the car and came at me with clenched fists.

Compare that to the times thugs tried to rob me and not even the cops bothered, LOL.

Women might not kick me in the genitals but average men are extremely dangerous. A combination of a scarcity of financial means, their jobs are on the line, they're sexually frustrated and here's a chance to impress women by harming the guy. No, thanks. No woman is going to pay my hospital bill.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
lots of romances happen in the office
big mistake

Old 10-31-2013, 02:06 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
I'm not her type. The type of men women below the age of 30 go for is: tall, dark and handsome. Maybe they'll accept blond if he's tall and built good enough for them. Women aged 30 and upwards, now I did get a lot of ''interest'' from that age group but when they insist on asking what I do for a living instead of asking my name first I tune them out and return to my iphone. Its like, when I'd dress nicely I'd have women stare up and down and ask what I'd do for a living. Nowadays I use greased out clothes when I have to go to work( I change when I reach my working place) and I don't shave my face anymore. Bam, I'm invisible again .

Defeatist? Do you think I'm defeatist when I tell you I don't have it in me to join Nasa? I don't need to visit Cape Kennedy and talk to the people who do the recruting to know I could never be part of NASA . Ok, I could be a janitor but that ain't what I was looking for .

You don't need to approach women nor do you need to talk to women to get to know them in order to scout out what she's interested in. There is such a thing as being universally attractive. Brad Pitt banks his commercial success on that. The subjects I had to study back in college were so boring, I would spend most of the time observing the people around me. It was so obvious how attracted the women were to a selected few. I had a handful of decent looking guys in that class and the rest of the class was majorly female, but the only guys who ever received any attention - any notion that the women noticed their existence - was the surfer type, the frat boy, the quarterback star and the kind of dude you see in True blood; brooding and dark, tall and handsome.

Not even the average looking girls payed any heed to the average guys .

Outside of college I'd notice how the only men with a girl by their side were men who looked like models. The women were below-average to above average and the men they had, the men they couldn't get enough of were all 6 feet tall and taller and all of these guys could play the role of Thor.

Like everyone I use daily transportation. I don't do it much - to pay attention to what other people are doing - but when I did I'd trace where the women had their eyes so fixated upon, and it was 9 times out of 10, the Alpha male. Heh, I had to control this hearty chuckle when the train I was at was something like 20 young women staring the hell out of this 6'3'' Australian blond Surfer. You think these women didn't approach the guy? I have never seen such a chatty train before, LOL.

Dude, when I was 17 years old I was walking down the street with my mother. It was during the winter and she had this long coat. She pressed her back against the wall and her coat became dirty with chalk. I gently used my hand to get it off and these 3 guys inside their cars thought I was assaulting my mother. They quickly exited the car and came at me with clenched fists.

Compare that to the times thugs tried to rob me and not even the cops bothered, LOL.

Women might not kick me in the genitals but average men are extremely dangerous. A combination of a scarcity of financial means, their jobs are on the line, they're sexually frustrated and here's a chance to impress women by harming the guy. No, thanks. No woman is going to pay my hospital bill.
You have major issues. Ive never even had anything remotely close to that. I think it's a personal underlying problem

Old 10-31-2013, 02:14 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
You have major issues. Ive never even had anything remotely close to that. I think it's a personal underlying problem

Wow, neither have I, and I have lived in some large, dangerous cities around the world. OP does sound a little off in his perspective. Not talking to women because of an overwhelming fear of getting beat up by strangers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships