Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:30 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,467,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Would any girls have a problem if there man was a bi sexual. I mean as long as he was up front about it and there was no sneaking around or anything like that. Just kind of curious about this.
I have met plenty of gay guys. I have met plenty of lesbians. I have met plenty of bisexual women. But I have never, to my knowledge, met a bisexual man. Given the fact I live in a large city, I think that is impossible. I have probably met some bisexual men. I just didn't know it, because more than anyone else in the LGBT community, bisexual men tend to be closeted.

And that is really the problem. No one accepted gay people are normal until they began coming out in large numbers. It didn't happen overnight, but it happened. Until bisexual men start coming out in large numbers, they are never going to debunk the prejudices that surround them and make women reluctant to date them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 07:49 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,966,668 times
I prefer bi guys.

I think 100% straight people are rare, for any gender, so if a guy says he is 100% straight I am skeptical -- I wonder if it is true, or if he is lying, or if he is sexually repressed.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:00 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,394,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I prefer bi guys.

I think 100% straight people are rare, for any gender, so if a guy says he is 100% straight I am skeptical -- I wonder if it is true, or if he is lying, or if he is sexually repressed.
WOW. Really? How did you arrive at that conclusion Nila?

Even the Kinsey Institute says 50% of people fall in the exclusively straight category, while more current research indicates a much higher number.

How many people are gay?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:12 PM

362 posts, read 558,328 times
Yeah, I would, but I'm not sure it would work out. Its bad enough when the guy you're with is checking out other women, imagine if you have to worry about him checking out the men too?

Too much competition for my taste.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:17 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,966,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
WOW. Really? How did you arrive at that conclusion Nila?

Even the Kinsey Institute says 50% of people fall in the exclusively straight category, while more current research indicates a much higher number.

How many people are gay?
Well, I am not sure the American Family Institute is going to accurately report scientific research .

But even their site, which you linked to, says that Kinsey found that in the extremely sexually repressed society of the US 1950s, when being gay was often illegal and could get you thrown into a prison or mental hospital, 37% of men were willing to say on record that they 'had some kind of homosexual experience after adolescence'. One can only imagine how high the actual number was.

My experience in the past 40+ years is that I have met few men who, if we became close enough friends to discuss such things, don't have some sexual experience with other men.

Update:

Wikipedia says that Kinsey's research in the 1950s found that, 'nearly 46% of the male subjects [were willing to say on record that they] had "reacted" sexually to persons of both sexes in the course of their adult lives'.

So, if that's who was willing to say it, we know that they real number is somewhere between 46% and 100%.

Last edited by NilaJones; 10-30-2013 at 09:07 PM..

Old 11-23-2013, 09:28 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,891,595 times
First guy I ever dated was bi. I can't say I minded.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:31 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,200,577 times
no way, that's too much competition for me.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:35 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,292,014 times
I've been open to dating bi men, but I'm naturally wary of them. The ones I've had contact me on dating sites were kind of snotty about it. Basically, all of them have said in some form or other, "I love the person, not the equipment."

Well, that's fine, but the implication that I'm superficial because other women's vaginas aren't my thing is kind of some pompous BS. When I meet a bi guy who doesn't trot out that line or some variation of it early on in the conversation (I'm meeting men on a dating site, so it tends to come up early on), he might have a chance.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:52 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,955,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I have met plenty of gay guys. I have met plenty of lesbians. I have met plenty of bisexual women. But I have never, to my knowledge, met a bisexual man. Given the fact I live in a large city, I think that is impossible. I have probably met some bisexual men. I just didn't know it, because more than anyone else in the LGBT community, bisexual men tend to be closeted.

And that is really the problem. No one accepted gay people are normal until they began coming out in large numbers. It didn't happen overnight, but it happened. Until bisexual men start coming out in large numbers, they are never going to debunk the prejudices that surround them and make women reluctant to date them.
Bisexual guys are out in larger numbers than you might think and have been for quite some time. Unless you go around saying "I'm bisexual" constantly there's not going to be any obvious indicator. I guarantee you've definitely met a few out bi guys. You just assumed they were something else.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:56 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,342,179 times
If he's committed to me, I don't care. I'm about a two on the Kinsey scale, as is the man I am seeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships