Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2013, 01:51 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,556,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
LOL...well I forgot which one it was til I looked at the picture. I am only getting a 4GB after debating between the 8. I figured all the other computers died before I filled them up, this one probably won't be any different.

Told you, you all are welcome here. I've got plenty of food, cookies and drink
You should have went with 8 GB, mine has 12 GB and this is why:
You can never have too much memory which, is what we are talking about. To put it in illustration imagine your kitchen counter as work space, that is what computer memory is. Now imagine preparing a batch of cookies on a 1ft X 1ft area as opposed to having all that counter space. A computer works the same way, the more memory the more efficient it will be at performing tasks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
ALL of my CD friends! WF and clan might have a quicker trip though.

Tacos huh? Breakfast burritos actually sounds pretty good right about now.

My son got a cookbook a few years back and made french toast for breakfast...and that was the start of the tradition. I think this is the 4th year he's made everyone breakfast on Christmas morning and we always look forward to it.
Yeah, too bad for the other CDers because by the time they get here all will be left is cookie crumbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We spent the day yesterday with Mrs. Chow's family.

These people drive both of us nuts, same old conversations, same boring one-upmanship, same ol crapola, same boring ego fests same boring stories... I swear some of these people have absolutely zero personalities.

The whole night is just nothing but people trying to bloviate.........Mrs. Chow has a nephew and man this kid, I call him a kid, but he's 30 yrs old and he's such a sad sack of crap trying to impress people with his job, his job is nothing, but you'd think he was the CEO of Microsoft the way this guy drones on and on....

I wish I could return them back to the store like other bad Christmas gifts...

LOL, I know I sound crappy here, not trying to, but I just can't get past people that can't have a "real" conversation, everyone just pulls out their same old scripts and recite the same ol "weather" talk.

My dad does this too, I'm not just ragging on Mrs. Chow's family.

That's what I mean earlier by saying "the holidays are almost over"........

I see this with some older people, they quit living, shut themselves in, feed off of everything on the idiot tube, and rather than converse they just want agreeement.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:52 PM

19,376 posts, read 15,217,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Sounds Like FUN.........

LOL, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
Um yum...

My holiday has been super quiet. Cleaned my apartment, tortured the dog with selfie pictures on my facebook, and text messaged. We were going to hit the beach today (yes cold) but doggie's hips are bothering him. It is so nice to not have drama on Christmas.
Sounds nice. The weather is beautiful today, but we're too wrung out to do anything. Hope your dog feels better...

Old 12-25-2013, 01:55 PM

769 posts, read 976,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL, doesn't it?

Sounds nice. The weather is beautiful today, but we're too wrung out to do anything. Hope your dog feels better...
He is just an older boy. On colder days his hips are sore. I will give him a couple of doggie pain killers and he will feel better. I want him to rest up for Sunday. We have a 4 mile walk on the beach.

Old 12-25-2013, 01:58 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,556,392 times
Quote:
Um yum...

My holiday has been super quiet. Cleaned my apartment, tortured the dog with selfie pictures on my facebook, and text messaged. We were going to hit the beach today (yes cold) but doggie's hips are bothering him. It is so nice to not have drama on Christmas.
One of ours has bad knees & hips. He helped me understand why walking on the sidewalk is so much easier on him.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:31 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,062,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I got a Julia Child cookbook for Christmas. That will be fun.
I LOVE new cookbooks. I'm banned from buying anymore though...lol

Quote:
LOL, I know I sound crappy here, not trying to, but I just can't get past people that can't have a "real" conversation, everyone just pulls out their same old scripts and recite the same ol "weather" talk.

My dad does this too, I'm not just ragging on Mrs. Chow's family.

That's what I mean earlier by saying "the holidays are almost over"........

So how's the weather Chow?

Quote:
Um yum...

Quiet here too. Made a few more cookies and threw the sauce on. Kids have been playing messing with all the new stuff and I've been trying to keep my kitchen clean. Breakfast...clean up, cookies...clean up...lunch....clean up....lol

ET is on so some of us are in front of the boob tube now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You should have went with 8 GB, mine has 12 GB and this is why:
You can never have too much memory which, is what we are talking about. To put it in illustration imagine your kitchen counter as work space, that is what computer memory is. Now imagine preparing a batch of cookies on a 1ft X 1ft area as opposed to having all that counter space. A computer works the same way, the more memory the more efficient it will be at performing tasks.
Yeah I thought of that but I don't do much but surf the internet, use office and upload pics. Never had any issue with the memory in my old machines so I'll just stick with the 4GB...plus, it's cheaper and I'm broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Yeah, too bad for the other CDers because by the time they get here all will be left is cookie crumbs.
I just made more

Old 12-25-2013, 03:14 PM

769 posts, read 976,564 times
I am going to my neighbor's house at 6 for a bit. Exchange presents etc. My pup bought me a new pair of rubber boots from tractor supply for the barn. Granted I bought them..and picked them out...but the pup he tries.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
All my buckeyes are gone! They at them all!

And the cheesecake I made! All is left is 1 piece!

Savages! lol I'm glad my family liked the sweets I made, because I wouldn't have been able to eat them all!

Old 12-25-2013, 05:50 PM

I still have a ton of cookies and more than half a cheesecake.

I think I may just freeze the stuff. It cannot sit out and tempt me.

Old 12-25-2013, 06:09 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
I didn't over eat more than my usual family get togethers eating wise. I was trying to keep food in my stomach so I wouldn't get too tanked on the booze. I need booze sometimes for the family gatherings.... LOL....

Old 12-25-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I didn't over eat more than my usual family get togethers eating wise. I was trying to keep food in my stomach so I wouldn't get too tanked on the booze. I need booze sometimes for the family gatherings.... LOL....
LOL, see now when we have booze at family gatherings it's usually just everyone having a good time getting blasted.

Between X-mas eve and today I've only had 2 glasses of wine total.

I ate too much though. Not so much that I was stuffed, but more than I would typically eat. Blah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships