Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 01:57 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times

Advertisements

With the john deere and snow blower I could put snow wherever I wanted it. The other thing I wanted to do was build a snow melter to take care of the piles. That would have hauling the crap off. I am enjoying my new job, in a few years I could go to work for a trucking company as a safety director and triple what I make now.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:07 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
I'm about to lose my shyt with this stupid freakin' hockey company.

I ordered 3 drying racks from them...2 for my kids, one for my nephew. They shipped and arrived no issue. Open them all up to put them together and one is missing the finishing kit.

I call the company and wait for 12 minutes on hold. They come on the line and take my number and say they will call me back. Never received a phone call back. I call them again the following day (yesterday), the person says "they aren't open today". I ask who I'm speaking with and she says "customer service" so I tell her perfect, she can help me.

She can't, because they aren't open WTF??? Then why do they have someone man the phones and WHY does the website say "call 24/7 for customer service".

Okay, so I e-mailed them through their amazon account (bought these on amazon through them). They respond today...

Ship the item back and they will issue a refund. Then they send me a label to ship the item back...NOT pre-paid and it clearly states that I am responsible for the fees to ship this damn thing back to them?!?!? Uhhhh, no ****ers. You sold me an item that is missing pieces and I'm supposed to pay the shipping back to them to have this issue rectified? Yeah, not happening. It will cost me a small fortune to ship it back, the thing is as tall as I am.

So I e-mail them again. Tell them I'm not paying shipping fees back when they sold me an item that is missing parts and to please provide me with a pre-paid shipping label or the missing parts shipped to me free of charge (yes, I said please...I'm not in total ***** mode...yet).

Hopefully they see the error in their ways and fix this so I don't have to go through the hassle of disputing this damn thing.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:13 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

I ordered 3 drying racks from them...2 for my kids, one for my nephew. They shipped and arrived no issue. Open them all up to put them together and one is missing the finishing kit.

I call the company and wait for 12 minutes on hold. They come on the line and take my number and say they will call me back. Never received a phone call back. I call them again the following day (yesterday), the person says "they aren't open today". I ask who I'm speaking with and she says "customer service" so I tell her perfect, she can help me.

She can't, because they aren't open WTF??? Then why do they have someone man the phones and WHY does the website say "call 24/7 for customer service".

Okay, so I e-mailed them through their amazon account (bought these on amazon through them). They respond today...

Ship the item back and they will issue a refund. Then they send me a label to ship the item back...NOT pre-paid and it clearly states that I am responsible for the fees to ship this damn thing back to them?!?!? Uhhhh, no ****ers. You sold me an item that is missing pieces and I'm supposed to pay the shipping back to them to have this issue rectified? Yeah, not happening. It will cost me a small fortune to ship it back, the thing is as tall as I am.

So I e-mail them again. Tell them I'm not paying shipping fees back when they sold me an item that is missing parts and to please provide me with a pre-paid shipping label or the missing parts shipped to me free of charge (yes, I said please...I'm not in total ***** mode...yet).

Hopefully they see the error in their ways and fix this so I don't have to go through the hassle of disputing this damn thing.
I'm guessing this would not be an appropriate time to insert a height joke?
If you haven't done so already look and their customer reviews. I had a bout with an Amazon retailer and leaving a bad review really grabbed their attention.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:18 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I'm guessing this would not be an appropriate time to insert a height joke?
If you haven't done so already look and their customer reviews. I had a bout with an Amazon retailer and leaving a bad review really grabbed their attention.
I am average height for an American female, thank you very much!
And if I stand on my toes I could look you in the eye...

Yeah I looked at their reviews. The negs got their attention, but so did my message to them. They responded that they would either ship the parts to me, or send me a pre-paid label if they can't locate any parts. Then they said they would call me tomorrow...lol. Not holding my breath on that one!

We'll see what happens.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:54 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:

Yeah I looked at their reviews. The negs got their attention, but so did my message to them. They responded that they would either ship the parts to me, or send me a pre-paid label if they can't locate any parts. Then they said they would call me tomorrow...lol. Not holding my breath on that one!

We'll see what happens.
<snort>
The company I dealt with flipped when I posted the bad review. They had the right piece delivered 24hrs later. From their reaction I figured they must do a good chunk of business via Amazon.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:41 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:

We'll see what happens.
You are better off communicating with them via the amazon site so that you have a record of what they say. I've found that if Amazon has a guarantee policy behind the company, they will read the correspondences and if they come to the conclusion that the matter hasn't been handled fairly, they will resolve it in your favor. Well that's been my experience anyway.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:55 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
We have a pretty decent sized DVD collection and sometimes we'll dig out something we haven't watched in a bit and today it was "For Rosanna" We haven't seen it in a while like I said, it was really a great little movie. It's definitely worth a watch if you got a lazy Sunday in store for you. It's kind of confusing because the title of the movie is sometimes listed as "For Rosanna" and sometimes "Rosanna's grave", just a heads up.

Roseanna's Grave (1997) - IMDb

Old 12-29-2013, 04:27 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Yesterday I was watching the movie "Warm Bodies" on HBO. It was pretty good......

Warm Bodies (2013) - IMDb

Old 12-29-2013, 04:44 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:

Sixy, try talking to a supervisor at Amazon.com. Many times they will have a new item shipped to you, & say just keep the defective item.

Amazon has always been very fair when I have had a Customer Service problem.

Best of Luck...

Old 12-29-2013, 04:50 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Yesterday I was watching the movie "Warm Bodies" on HBO. It was pretty good......

Warm Bodies (2013) - IMDb
That looks pretty funny. We'll check that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships