Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 12:34 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I stop by the grocery store on the way home from work and I normally have my hair in a ponytail, yesterday I took it out because it was annoying me, so I'm in the store and I almost bumped into this old dude and he bellows out "HAIR BEFORE BEAUTY" and lets me pass, meanwhile he's bellowing with laughter...... It was good natured wasn't trying to be mean, I don't think anyway...

It was just an odd scene....

Crazy old man.....

Old 11-16-2013, 12:53 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Okay all you discerning people of taste, lol, I need some input! Please respond to this thread if you can:
//www.city-data.com/forum/home-...l#post32257456

Basically I need to know if anyone here who once hated the smell of anything down-filled finds the newer products with these smelly goose feathers any easier to take.

Thanks for your input!!

Old 11-16-2013, 03:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
I love it when people put laundry lists of stuff that I have to do to just look "ok" and then not leave there name on that rep comment.

And then the damn thread is closed just before I can post on the thread in which the rep comment was made. That grinds my damn gears.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:38 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
How can it mean attractive young lady?? Or penis??
re penis, have you ever heard "giving someone the bird" meaning to give them the finger? the finger gesture itself comes from phallic imagery... i probably picked it up watching trailer park boys

re young lady, i don't know i've just heard it around. saw it on the board the other day which is what made me think of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I love it when people put laundry lists of stuff that I have to do to just look "ok" and then not leave there name on that rep comment.

And then the damn thread is closed just before I can post on the thread in which the rep comment was made. That grinds my damn gears.
whenever i log in and have those "n/a"s in my rep list i always wonder what thread it was from or what i said. i can never remember which thread from yesterday is now gone. grr!

Quote:
How many times can you fall "in love" before it you can't call it falling/being in love anymore?

I don't understand how people can claim to have been in love multiple times (3,4,5 +) and not stop to rethink their definition of the condition. If you're falling in love with every other person you date, you're doing it wrong.
if you're old enough, you can have been in love a few times without falling for every other person... maybe not double digits but three doesn't seem unreasonable

Old 11-16-2013, 05:14 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post

How presumptuous. Who does that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
re penis, have you ever heard "giving someone the bird" meaning to give them the finger? the finger gesture itself comes from phallic imagery... i probably picked it up watching trailer park boys

re young lady, i don't know i've just heard it around. saw it on the board the other day which is what made me think of it.
I never thought of a middle finger looking like a penis. Now that's all I'll see.

Chick = bird?

Quote:
if you're old enough, you can have been in love a few times without falling for every other person... maybe not double digits but three doesn't seem unreasonable
I still don't believe that. People think any little butterfly or tingle is real love nowadays. It's just not the case. Loving someone and being in love with them is not the same thing.

Last edited by the minx; 11-16-2013 at 05:26 PM..

Old 11-16-2013, 05:39 PM

39 posts, read 36,766 times
Quote:

I still don't believe that. People think any little butterfly or tingle is real love nowadays. It's just not the case. Loving someone and being in love with them is not the same thing.
I'll drink to that.... No wait, don't drink!

Old 11-16-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish_Part_Ouch View Post
I'll drink to that.... No wait, don't drink!
Are you telling me not to drink or stating that you don't drink?

Old 11-16-2013, 08:20 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,982,492 times
Quote:
Chick = bird?
exactly

Old 11-16-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
exactly
I don't know any woman who likes to be called a chick, much less a bird.

I saw the most handsome guy in the grocery store today. We locked eyes for a second. And then I remembered I hadn't even brushed my hair, so I hauled ass around the corner. Just my luck.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:45 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
I don't know any woman who likes to be called a chick, much less a bird.

I saw the most handsome guy in the grocery store today. We locked eyes for a second. And then I remembered I hadn't even brushed my hair, so I hauled ass around the corner. Just my luck.
I went to the store today, your hair looked fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships