Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2013, 12:39 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,039,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
^^^When I wrote this last night, I knew I was taking a risk of painting myself in not such a good light....this experience goes against the character that some of you may have imagined, based on some of my other posts. What I didn't expect was how many views this post has had, and no one is following up with a comment of any type. Didn't mean to kill a thread. HAHAHA And I am impressed, surprised, intrigued, that the feeling I feel the most this morning reading this, is loneliness.
I've killed many a thread. No biggie.

I was going to respond, but then I'm kind of ADD and I didn't have the attention span to sit and respond thoughtfully when I had other things to tend to.

However, you seem pretty human. I think the fact that you can craft a well-thought out piece of writing appeals to me, so I like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
On a side note: The dealer banged up the wife's car and gave us a loaner while her car is in the shop. The car is a 2013 and I realize and I mean reeeallly realize how old our cars are.
Why was her car at the dealer?
Felt like a time warp when you stepped inside a new car huh? LMAO
Trade those damn things in already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconess View Post
come and play in -33 C (I can't speak American )
No thank you!!! That is downright frigid!
I don't miss the snow or cold at all.

Chow, it was near 80 and sunny yesterday

Old 12-07-2013, 02:18 PM

8,748 posts, read 9,440,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I've killed many a thread. No biggie.

I was going to respond, but then I'm kind of ADD and I didn't have the attention span to sit and respond thoughtfully when I had other things to tend to.

^ Yes that me too, I've killed them again and again, , don't let it get to you, though it seems it didn't much get to you with all that HA HA HA HA HAing

The other thing my ADD self had to tend to was some sleep before I spazed out. But do hope you feel better.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:22 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,533,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I whipped up a fabulous frittata this morning, ham, potato, cheese jobber.....
I like your culinary vocabulary.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Why was her car at the dealer?
Felt like a time warp when you stepped inside a new car huh? LMAO
Trade those damn things in already!
Her car was in for service work. Indeed it was a time warp in the most literal sense of the term. I realize now in the realm of car ownership I am an old fogey.
The loaner we have is neat car and one I was looking at on the dealer lot, but I have found much I don't care for, which means research.
Quote:
Chow, it was near 80 and sunny yesterday
I'll second that and I had to turn the air on to cool down our place. The temp difference from yesterday to today has been kinda rude.

Last edited by WFW&P; 12-07-2013 at 03:12 PM..

Old 12-07-2013, 02:53 PM

52,011 posts, read 52,457,444 times
Quote:
I like your culinary vocabulary.
Yeah, it's a technical term.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:30 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,542,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's 48 degrees here and raining, I don't know how you east coasters and mid westerners deal.

I'm such a wimp, I went to my car and grabbed something and about froze to death....
When I took the dogs out last night, it was -13 with a windchill of -31. That's booger freezing cold! I just layer up. It helps that I still have a few of my bigger sized clothing. Haha.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I'll second that and I had to turn the air on to cool down our place. The temp difference from yesterday to today has been kinda rude.
The air? Yikes! No air here, I did open the windows though.

We got our Christmas tree today so I'm glad it cooled down a bit. Wouldn't have felt right getting a tree without a little nip in the air. My youngest was the only one to come too...the others have outgrown this Christmas activity.

It was nice though...got the tree, ran into the grocery store quick for some lunch fixin's and I bought him a giant snowman cookie from Starbucks. That child carried the bag home with such will-power. He was tempted to eat his cookie but resisted so he could take the first bite and joyfully eat it in front of the others all the while rubbing it in their faces! LOL

Old 12-07-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
When I took the dogs out last night, it was -13 with a windchill of -31. That's booger freezing cold! I just layer up. It helps that I still have a few of my bigger sized clothing. Haha.
OMG I don't miss that AT ALL. I complain when it gets to 50! lol

My husband was in Wisconsin last week and he's off to Denver next week...I just snicker when he packs his gloves and coat.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:26 PM

17,620 posts, read 22,575,993 times
The water is pretty warm......

Princeville Resorts | See Hawaii Live - The St. Regis Princeville Resort | Resorts in Hawaii

Old 12-07-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
The air? Yikes! No air here, I did open the windows though.

We got our Christmas tree today so I'm glad it cooled down a bit. Wouldn't have felt right getting a tree without a little nip in the air. My youngest was the only one to come too...the others have outgrown this Christmas activity.

It was nice though...got the tree, ran into the grocery store quick for some lunch fixin's and I bought him a giant snowman cookie from Starbucks. That child carried the bag home with such will-power. He was tempted to eat his cookie but resisted so he could take the first bite and joyfully eat it in front of the others all the while rubbing it in their faces! LOL
My wife was running a 1/2 marathon this morning, although we had windows and balcony doors open with a good breeze is just wasn't cooling off. I knew 76 was going to be too warm for a good sleep, so time to turn on the A/C.
Kids too cool to get the tree now huh?
Bravo to the youngest. I like the way he thinks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.