Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 02:35 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Holy crap. IF I was ever to live with a guy, or get married (which I clearly have no desire to do) I surely would have no impact on what you had for lunch, what was in your gym bag, or any of that other stuff. Seriously...I guess you have it made (maid). I just don't fit that mold. Glad you found someone that does though.
Uhhh she makes extra dinner the night before and packs leftovers in my lunch the next morning. Not that hard haha.

She packs the gym bag while I'm at work. Then we go to the gym. Also, not that difficult to put a couple protein shakes and amino energy in there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 03:44 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
What the hell?

Don't attack a single mother who worked prior to having a child and is now able to use the benefits that her government provides to women while their children are young. There are other countries besides the USA and many of them treat women far nicer than our system here in the US.

Damn. Just... damn.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:50 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Your situation is very much an exception and not the rule. To me, it sounds more like you have a maid who you on occasion rather than a girlfriend.
I truly do not understand why you guys are attacking the choices of someone who has a lifestyle that clearly works for them. If they're not hurting anyone and they're happy, who are any of us to throw stones? Women did this for centuries before it became common to go out to work and I thought women's liberation was about choices? This sounds like a healthy choice to me--it would not be mine but who cares. BTW, not picking on your post exclusively--I know that others had similar things to say.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:15 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Uhhh she makes extra dinner the night before and packs leftovers in my lunch the next morning. Not that hard haha.

She packs the gym bag while I'm at work. Then we go to the gym. Also, not that difficult to put a couple protein shakes and amino energy in there

If she's a stay-at-home spouse (and clearly she is) and you guys are both happy with that, I don't see any problem with that. Like I said - you're a lucky guy. That would never suit me - I'd be bored out of my mind...but I know there are plenty of gals that still enjoy that sort of life. As to the relevance to the topic however, I think you made out on the 'freedom" end of things. Best of luck to both of you.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:21 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,694 times
[Mod cut: quoted post no longer exists because it was a personal attack]

I think accepting money from your parents to help raise a child is a little different than being a stay-at-home-girlfriend, with no children, just because. You definitely have it made, but that's a really stupid decision on your girlfriend's part. If that relationship ends, she's *****ed.

Quote:
Being in a relationship I have FAR more time (freedom) to do what I like, as opposed to being single.

I don't cook. I dont make breakfast, dinner, pack my lunch for work.

I
don't do laundry, grocery shop, take my truck in for maintenance, or mail stuff at the post office.

I don't get my gym bag ready anymore, I don't sweep, clean, mop, vacuum, or do dishes.

I
can't remember the last time I have done any of those. She does ALL of that while I'm at work.

Which means, when I'm not working I have a solid 10-15+ hrs a week MORE freedom than when I was single. Pretty awesome in my opinion.

We have nothing planned today. 5 minutes ago my girlfriend goes "what do you want to do today? I call you pick!" We could go mountain biking, to the mall, or lay on the couch watching a breaking bad marathon. She could not care less what we do. And I'm the same way. We have all of the same interests...

In a ton of ways isnt that more freedom?

The only freedom I lost is being able to boink who I want. I just figure I can never, nor do I ever want both. Ive met enough girls over the years to know I wont find one like her, so I just sacrifice the promiscuity I had before in favor of the many many more enjoyable things I have being with my girlfriend.

This post is all about you. You're free because your girlfriend picks up after you. Would you feel the same if you and your girlfriend switched places? She's not that "free" IMO.

...And that brings me to my point. I don't think anyone has more freedom in a relationship. Not that relationships can't make people happy. They do. IMO, if one person thinks they have more freedom in their relationship, it's probably because their SO had to sacrifice some of theirs.

Last edited by luckynumber4; 11-03-2013 at 04:43 PM..

Old 11-03-2013, 04:22 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
As to the relevance to the topic however, I think you made out on the 'freedom" end of things. Best of luck to both of you.
Ha! I was thinking the same thing--their set up seems to be very freeing for Dan, not so much for his girlfriend. But whatever works.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:24 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Being in a relationship I have FAR more time (freedom) to do what I like, as opposed to being single.

I don't cook. I dont make breakfast, dinner, pack my lunch for work.

I don't do laundry, grocery shop, take my truck in for maintenance, or mail stuff at the post office.

I don't get my gym bag ready anymore, I don't sweep, clean, mop, vacuum, or do dishes.

I can't remember the last time I have done any of those. She does ALL of that while I'm at work.

Which means, when I'm not working I have a solid 10-15+ hrs a week MORE freedom than when I was single. Pretty awesome in my opinion.
Are you sure you got married? It sounds like you may have hired a housekeeper instead. Of course you have more free time if you have someone to do all of that stuff for you.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:30 PM

Quote:
If she's a stay-at-home spouse (and clearly she is) and you guys are both happy with that, I don't see any problem with that. Like I said - you're a lucky guy. That would never suit me - I'd be bored out of my mind...but I know there are plenty of gals that still enjoy that sort of life. As to the relevance to the topic however, I think you made out on the 'freedom" end of things. Best of luck to both of you.
She's a stay-at-home girlfriend.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Are you sure you got married? It sounds like you may have hired a housekeeper instead. Of course you have more free time if you have someone to do all of that stuff for you.
See comment above. He's not married. He's got a girlfriend who waits on him in exchange for him keeping her up, basically.

If it works for both of them, who am I to knock it, though?

Old 11-03-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I truly do not understand why you guys are attacking the choices of someone who has a lifestyle that clearly works for them. If they're not hurting anyone and they're happy, who are any of us to throw stones? Women did this for centuries before it became common to go out to work and I thought women's liberation was about choices? This sounds like a healthy choice to me--it would not be mine but who cares. BTW, not picking on your post exclusively--I know that others had similar things to say.

Did women live with men they weren't married to and basically shack up for centuries without being married or having kids (unless they were unable to have kids, of course)?

I didn't think they did, but I'm not an expert on the history of all cultures of the world.

Not that I think there's anything wrong with a free ride and exchanging services for the opportunity to be a stay-at-home girlfriend or anything. It's a free country, after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships