Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 11:41 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,636,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
I honestly don't think any judge, even in nanny state NYC would actually spend time convicting someone of grabbing a guys butt.

If she reached inside his pants, and felt his naked butt, then maybe.

But there really is no difference in a one time butt grab then there is touching someones arm, hand, foot, leg, etc...

It's just the actual private parts that could get her in trouble.'

Also, you guys and gals really live in an unrealistic world where everything ought to be a crime. In other countries, like Japan, India, people actuallly get molested. A hand grabbing a guys or girls jeans on the back side for 2 seconds is nothing compared to real sexual assualt, etc
I actually agree but I like feeding into men who are appalled by stuff like this. It's fun to me for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 11:56 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,419,433 times
lol at those implying he may have enjoyed it. Highly improbable. Intimacy isn't enjoyable in that kind of situation.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:47 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,713,789 times
Did you get your pocket picked? That was my experience in Barcelona last year. However, I chased after her, ran her down and turned her over to the police, after the crowd on the metro platform gave me a standing ovation for my efforts.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:18 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,466,982 times
You noticed you were being robbed. The OPS didn't get robbed, just felt up.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 11-05-2013, 04:20 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
lol at those implying he may have enjoyed it. Highly improbable. Intimacy isn't enjoyable in that kind of situation.
Thanx Dave. Appreciate your understanding.

Really, it doesn't bother me when I think about it and I don't care that much anyways. It's the thought that a woman would be that brave who doesn't even know me and grabbed me in a way more reserved for a girlfriends touch.

If it was the other way around and a woman posted this thread, everyone here would be talking about serious sexual harrassment and perhaps filing charges against the creep right?! This is the hypocrisy of CD that I've learned to ignore in light of some of the responses and threads.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,151,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Thanx Dave. Appreciate your understanding.

Really, it doesn't bother me when I think about it and I don't care that much anyways. It's the thought that a woman would be that brave who doesn't even know me and grabbed me in a way more reserved for a girlfriends touch.

If it was the other way around and a woman posted this thread, everyone here would be talking about serious sexual harrassment and perhaps filing charges against the creep right?! This is the hypocrisy of CD that I've learned to ignore in light of some of the responses and threads.
Um... no. Have you ever heard of someone filing charges against someone for grabbing their butt in a crowded area? I've had my butt grabbed by strangers before. Funny - didn't file charges. Now, if it is a boss or a coworker that did something like that - someone who you saw every day and was making you very uncomfortable - that would be a different story.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:12 PM

29,734 posts, read 34,340,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Um... no. Have you ever heard of someone filing charges against someone for grabbing their butt in a crowded area? I've had my butt grabbed by strangers before. Funny - didn't file charges. Now, if it is a boss or a coworker that did something like that - someone who you saw every day and was making you very uncomfortable - that would be a different story.
But still, (and I don't think you'd disagree, Dewdrop,) a stranger groping someone without permission isn't "brave," it's lacking boundaries. Unfortunately a lot of women think that men would appreciate such behavior, which is a dangerous assumption.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But still, (and I don't think you'd disagree, Dewdrop,) a stranger groping someone without permission isn't "brave," it's lacking boundaries. Unfortunately a lot of women think that men would appreciate such behavior, which is a dangerous assumption.
I agree that it's lacking boundaries but I'm not sure that a lot of women think that men would appreciate such behavior. Women making the first move in a bar or on a date is one thing (and even then - many men still prefer to make the first move) but a woman groping a stranger sight unseen is something that I think most women would assume men would have a problem with. But I could be wrong.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:53 PM

29,734 posts, read 34,340,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I agree that it's lacking boundaries but I'm not sure that a lot of women think that men would appreciate such behavior. Women making the first move in a bar or on a date is one thing (and even then - many men still prefer to make the first move) but a woman groping a stranger sight unseen is something that I think most women would assume men would have a problem with. But I could be wrong.
I think it's just the small subset of women who think that men are always "up for it" so when the women are the gropers it's cheeky and cute, not inappropriate.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think it's just the small subset of women who think that men are always "up for it" so when the women are the gropers it's cheeky and cute, not inappropriate.
Hmmm... Although I did tweak my husband's nipples backstage before I had been formally introduced to him...
But it wasn't sexual - and he did think it was cheeky and cute! Haha!

But I never would have done that to some strange guy on the subway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships