Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 07:22 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,705,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't even understand why this is an issue. How does the person doing the unfriending become the weaker party? Geez. Just do what you want and stop over analyzing everything.
That falls under the over/under thinking aspect.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:27 PM

709 posts, read 1,128,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
It sounds like you're the one that is guilty of obsessing here.
Not really. But seeing your Ex online every day has a way of screwing with your head. I ignored it for a long time.. but today it finally got to me. Maybe it was the good looking dude she was with who is better looking than me. This is the first time she has posted a picture of herself with a man since me.

It was easy to ignore her when she was single and miserable and dating ugly guys she is embarrassed to be seen with. I was convinced that she can't do better than me. At least looks wise.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:59 PM

803 posts, read 1,877,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
Not really. But seeing your Ex online every day has a way of screwing with your head. I ignored it for a long time.. but today it finally got to me. Maybe it was the good looking dude she was with who is better looking than me. This is the first time she has posted a picture of herself with a man since me.

It was easy to ignore her when she was single and miserable and dating ugly guys she is embarrassed to be seen with. I was convinced that she can't do better than me. At least looks wise.

there is no competition/ its not all about looks, u know. maybe to you hes better looking , but maybe he has a terrtible personality..or maybe hes great! who knows, but the fact that your mad about this has me thinking that u dont like the fact that she has moved on - and in your own perspective , upgraded.

you said that seeing her posts eryday has a way of screwing with your head, rite? well, theres a setting on fb that you can use to stop her from showing up in your news feed.

unfriending her doesnt show your weak. but let me guess... u think that if u unfriend her, she has the upper hand and she will think that u unfriended her because u couldnt stand to see her happy without u. Gosh u analyze alot of things, r u a virgo? lol

delete her or go to her profile page and find the freinds tab and there should be an option to stop showing up in news feeds or only show important highlights she posts on her timeline.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:15 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,256,127 times
LMAO you are kidding, right?
It's been a YEAR. To think she is posting herself with a man after a YEAR just to get to you is so egotistical!
She probably won't even notice if you unfriend her. For you to not want to unfriend her after a YEAR because you want to "win" speaks volumes about YOU and YOUR self-esteem! WOW buddy. Just, wow. You need to really work on yourself. Forget the "games" you are playing. Get over yourself. Delete her and figure out how to move on. It's been a year. If you are that freaking worried about "oneupmanship" after an effing year, you have bigger things to worry about. You can't stand she got someone better than you? Wow you have not moved on at all. You already lost buddy, and you need to figure out how you are going to deal with your attitude and problem of needing to "win" a break-up. You are not mature enough to be in a real relationship if this is how you are. You need to perhaps work on you and these issues before you get into a relationship with someone else. Dude - a YEAR - really, a YEAR and you are hung-up on a stupid Facebook posting and status? It's high time you man-up, grow up, sack up, and get past this "who unfriends who" thing because it's sounds beyond pathetic. I'm sorry to be harsh, but it's really just silly! C'mon, man. Sitting around hoping that an ex can't do better and feeling good about it now whining that she catually has? Do you hear yourself? Delete her, pick yourself up, and move on!

Old 11-02-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
LMAO you are kidding, right?
It's been a YEAR. To think she is posting herself with a man after a YEAR just to get to you is so egotistical!
She probably won't even notice if you unfriend her. For you to not want to unfriend her after a YEAR because you want to "win" speaks volumes about YOU and YOUR self-esteem! WOW buddy. Just, wow. You need to really work on yourself. Forget the "games" you are playing. Get over yourself. Delete her and figure out how to move on. It's been a year. If you are that freaking worried about "oneupmanship" after an effing year, you have bigger things to worry about. You can't stand she got someone better than you? Wow you have not moved on at all. You already lost buddy, and you need to figure out how you are going to deal with your attitude and problem of needing to "win" a break-up. You are not mature enough to be in a real relationship if this is how you are. You need to perhaps work on you and these issues before you get into a relationship with someone else. Dude - a YEAR - really, a YEAR and you are hung-up on a stupid Facebook posting and status? It's high time you man-up, grow up, sack up, and get past this "who unfriends who" thing because it's sounds beyond pathetic. I'm sorry to be harsh, but it's really just silly! C'mon, man. Sitting around hoping that an ex can't do better and feeling good about it now whining that she catually has? Do you hear yourself? Delete her, pick yourself up, and move on!
I know and that's how I usually am with most people. This girl in particular was very manipulative and emotionally abusive when we were dating. She acted so sweet and innocent in the beginning. Then she revealed herself as a money hungry egomaniac with no morals. When we started dating I made more money than her. Then she got a new job (I suspect by sleeping with someone) that pays very high income. After this she got a big head and started acting like she was better than me. She also became very materialistic and looked down on my practical ways.

Dumping her was my revenge, but I'm not as satisfied with that as I thought.

She took the break up way too well. Kind of like a "your loss" attitude. This is why we haven't spoken since the break up. She just acted like losing me was no big deal. Then she texted me a few times acting casual like she didn't care.

I got peace of mind by assuming since she is 30 her attractive years are limited and she will just get fatter and uglier. She already doesn't look as good as she used to which made me happy. I figured no way she'll get a guy as good looking as me ever again.

I know.. I need to unfriend her. I guess she wins.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:29 PM

14,249 posts, read 17,894,938 times
Quote:
I know and that's how I usually am with most people. This girl in particular was very manipulative and emotionally abusive when we were dating. She acted so sweet and innocent in the beginning. Then she revealed herself as a money hungry egomaniac with no morals. When we started dating I made more money than her. Then she got a new job (I suspect by sleeping with someone) that pays very high income. After this she got a big head and started acting like she was better than me. She also became very materialistic and looked down on my practical ways.

Dumping her was my revenge, but I'm not as satisfied with that as I thought.

She took the break up way too well. Kind of like a "your loss" attitude. This is why we haven't spoken since the break up. She just acted like losing me was no big deal. Then she texted me a few times acting casual like she didn't care.

I got peace of mind by assuming since she is 30 her attractive years are limited and she will just get fatter and uglier. She already doesn't look as good as she used to which made me happy. I figured no way she'll get a guy as good looking as me ever again.

She doesn't win. This isn't the NFL. Unfriend her and get on with your life.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:30 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,208,705 times
Quote:
What does she win?

Old 11-02-2013, 09:52 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,179,806 times
Quote:
Well we broke up a year ago and this has been going on the entire time. I didn't care or pay much attention to it until TODAY. For some reason today when I logged onto Facebook and saw her post like 20 pictures again something just went off in my head.. like what the heck is she doing??? lol.
What she's doing is none of your business. You dumped her. She has moved on and is busy enjoying her life. If you can't handle that, then take her off your list.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
What does she win?
I don't know. Maybe she doesn't win.

Part of me still thinks its an act and she is really miserable. That's why she posts on Facebook daily. Her life is boring and empty. No guy can replace me.

I don't even want her back. I just want her to realize she was an idiot for messing up our good relationship with her shallow materialism and ego trips. I hope she fails at everything she attempts in life.

I've dated lots of hotter girls than her since our break up anyway and she knows it.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,127,908 times
Quote:
I don't know. Maybe she doesn't win.

Part of me still thinks its an act and she is really miserable. That's why she posts on Facebook daily. Her life is boring and empty. No guy can replace me.

I don't even want her back. I just want her to realize she was an idiot for messing up our good relationship with her shallow materialism and ego trips. I hope she fails at everything she attempts in life.

I've dated lots of hotter girls than her since our break up anyway and she knows it.
Sounds like you've got some issues...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.