Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 12:51 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,943,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I'm a girl and I haven't figured that one out myself. I get too horny during foreplay so I save all of that until I'm ready to go the distance
I'm the same way. Once the making out starts, it's all over. Unless a guy can't kiss...then I put on the brakes real fast.

It's got to be really frustrating to stop just as things get started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 01:21 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,170,554 times
I haven't had this happen to me since like HS.

In general it means she wants to keep you around/interested without putting out yet

The equivalent would be is someone is hungry but you don't want to give them the entire cake you baked so you only gave them a little piece... Like a sample

Old 11-03-2013, 02:01 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,572,480 times
I have no problem with a girl stopping mid way through. If it happened to me I would probably ask why, but I don't think any woman should feel like she has to have sex with someone just because they made out.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:15 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,215,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
I have no problem with a girl stopping mid way through. If it happened to me I would probably ask why, but I don't think any woman should feel like she has to have sex with someone just because they made out.

Making out? Being completely naked as OP stated doing all sorts of sexual stuff IMO is beyond making out. Unless the term making out is no longer touching and kissing with clothes ON.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:30 PM

10,932 posts, read 11,659,426 times
I mean how often does that truly happen...to anybody? It happened to me just once. She got carried away; then became fearful due to inexperience. I respected her wishes. I would guess that, when it does happen, the reasons are fairly obvious and NOT related to a global plot by frigid, uncaring women to maintain the upper hand. It's so much easier just to say no and never get started.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:30 PM

34,935 posts, read 36,068,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I haven't had this happen to me since like HS.

In general it means she wants to keep you around/interested without putting out yet

The equivalent would be is someone is hungry but you don't want to give them the entire cake you baked so you only gave them a little piece... Like a sample
This, along with the poster earlier on (sorry, but I just cleaned up the bickering in this thread and forgot who you were) who mentioned pregnancy and/or not wanting to have intercourse with someone before they were in a more stable relationship...

This is why, OP.

It's not that unusual. I think you should ask them if you really want to know, but be prepared for answers that don't tell you much more than what is stated here.

Furthermore? If you don't think vaginal intercourse is a big deal, why do you care if you have it with them or not?

I think that's something worth exploring. I don't think these women are deliberately trying to tease you. They likely just want to hold back a little something for later and/or they are worried about pregnancy or commitment.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:31 PM

Keep it PG-13 and stop talking about women like they owe men sex or else men should just take it. Rape is off the table here on this forum, as is graphic discussion of sex acts.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:01 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,146,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevalentine1986 View Post
so i've gone on dates with several girls where we do pretty much everything except for sexual intercourse.

we take all our clothes off, we do all types of foreplay, but when i say "i'm going to put a condom on", they stop me and say "no intercourse". and it ends right there. we go to sleep and we don't have sex.

why do girls do this? i'm really confused.

if they are willing to do everything else, why not go ahead and have sexual intercourse?
Why do you assume every naked encounter should automatically end with intercourse?

But okay, I'll answer, rather bluntly: Most women don't get off on penetration. They may enjoy it, but 70% of them need manual or oral stimulation. It is an unfortunate, but common, occurrence that once things progress to intercourse, the man stops worrying about pleasing the woman and instead just assumes his penis will do it all. In other words, intercourse isn't the best part of sex for most women, and many of them do not want to risk an unwanted pregnancy or an STD for it, especially if there is no established relationship.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Making out? Being completely naked as OP stated doing all sorts of sexual stuff IMO is beyond making out. Unless the term making out is no longer touching and kissing with clothes ON.
It's foreplay... it's also a type of sexual activity, but it doesn't mean there's going to be vaginal intercourse. It never has to mean that, if that's not what BOTH people want.

I don't think I'd personally take off all my clothes with someone I wasn't willing to have sexual intercourse with (though I can recall my youth and being mostly undressed and not having intercourse). Still... I would think that any man (or woman!) should assume that intercourse isn't guaranteed until both parties have agreed that it's happening. Keeps expectations in check.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:01 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,717,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Why do you assume every naked encounter should automatically end with intercourse?

But okay, I'll answer, rather bluntly: Most women don't get off on penetration. They may enjoy it, but 70% of them need manual or oral stimulation. It is an unfortunate, but common, occurrence that once things progress to intercourse, the man stops worrying about pleasing the woman and instead just assumes his penis will do it all. In other words, intercourse isn't the best part of sex for most women, and many of them do not want to risk an unwanted pregnancy or an STD for it, especially if there is no established relationship.
I assume it b/c once I get that far I will not stop--if I'm holding off on sex he will get some standing up making out with all clothes on and I won't go to his house till I'm ready. There will be some verbal enticements though so he'll know I'm interested in that part of a relationship. But, I think I'm an odd duck b/c I love love love what you said most women don't get off on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships