Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 05:15 PM

705 posts, read 1,256,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
It is not my fault, and to be honest I do not know why certain people like me, while I am tall, I am a little overweight, I got a big nose, and even a little introverted some women hit on me, and not like flirt, but I have had women tell me through text messages that they hate their husband, and if I ever leave my wife to call them. One women asked me to dance and then started trying to make out with me 10 feet from where my wife was sitting. Others have sent me text messages late at night saying if I would come pick them up from the bar they would make sure it was worth it for me. I have had women ask me to leave bars with them, I had one Realtor recently tell me she would send me more deals if I would go to Vegas with her for the weekend. I am a mortgage broker and deal with some very aggressive women as part of my job, my wife used to laugh at how clueless I am about women hitting on me until they would go way past the line. These last few weeks that has changed.

As I said before I do not know why these situations happen other then they find me irresistible, I partially think it is because I handle myself in a professional manner and make no secret that I am married and plan on staying that way, and some women find that to be a challenge. My wife thinks it is because I am their sounding board, when people are buying a house or dealing with their finances all together you become almost a counselor, even with real estate agents use some mortgage brokers to vent to. people will tell you things that you do not want to know, they want your help in solving all their problems, and become very vulnerable, sometimes they do not seem to realize that it is not an intimate relationship for me and most other professionals, we may become friends, but that is as far as I would like to take it, some people don't like that.

That sounds like some flinging to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 05:33 PM

442 posts, read 586,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I know what he said.
If you knew the truth, why did you deliberately lie to misalign the OP?
Then reply, "I know what he said" as if you did it purposely. Shame on you

"As for my wife, I already go out of my way to do stuff such as you suggest, which is one reason some women hate me, but some find me irresistible."

Versus
"He can't be that clueless. He said he was "irresistible." "

Somehow you cut off the rest of the sentence. Talk about sneaky. You show no remorse except your admitting you knew the truth of what he said. Please apologize to the OP. Thank you

I have a kid... well I just found out he's 34 (10 years younger) who had a huge crush on me for months now. Blew my mind. Even my husband noticed. Why? I don't know. Because it's part of life maybe? I have no doubt he finds me irresistible. That doesn't mean I find me irresistible. Nor does it mean, as a fact, that I am irresistible. Words matter. Motives matter. So what's the big deal? We've all been there. People are attracted to different people, it's life. Hopefully we can all strive to keep it TRUTHFUL, no matter how we view ourselves.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
but I have had women tell me through text messages that they hate their husband, and if I ever leave my wife to call them.
With all due respect, this is weird.
Quote:
One women asked me to dance and then started trying to make out with me 10 feet from where my wife was sitting. Others have sent me text messages late at night saying if I would come pick them up from the bar they would make sure it was worth it for me. I have had women ask me to leave bars with them,
You are married, yet you hang out in bars? And find nothing repulsive about women who feel you are at the level of a Prostitute? Honestly, I've been married 22 years. The majority of it people have whistled at me on the street. I've been a cyclist until about 2 years ago when I was hurt. We just got back to it.

So I am confident I am not ugly. Yet for anyone to talk to me with such a vulgar intent is to disrespect myself and my husband. You need counseling. No matter what you look like, it doesn't justify these weird things happening. Your a father, and husband, grow up.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:07 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,418,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
Being a parent volunteer doesn't equate to "a parents persistent hovering over a child".
None the less, it happens, and teachers have every right to decline to have parents volunteer in cases where it creates problems.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:35 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,589,342 times
Quote:
If you knew the truth, why did you deliberately lie to misalign the OP?
Then reply, "I know what he said" as if you did it purposely. Shame on you

"As for my wife, I already go out of my way to do stuff such as you suggest, which is one reason some women hate me, but some find me irresistible."

Versus
"He can't be that clueless. He said he was "irresistible." "

Somehow you cut off the rest of the sentence. Talk about sneaky. You show no remorse except your admitting you knew the truth of what he said. Please apologize to the OP. Thank you

I have a kid... well I just found out he's 34 (10 years younger) who had a huge crush on me for months now. Blew my mind. Even my husband noticed. Why? I don't know. Because it's part of life maybe? I have no doubt he finds me irresistible. That doesn't mean I find me irresistible. Nor does it mean, as a fact, that I am irresistible. Words matter. Motives matter. So what's the big deal? We've all been there. People are attracted to different people, it's life. Hopefully we can all strive to keep it TRUTHFUL, no matter how we view ourselves.
Spare me the white knighting. Are you one of the ones who finds him irresistible?

Old 11-06-2013, 07:41 PM

6,874 posts, read 7,852,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkong30 View Post
scratch your butt, pick your nose and wave your boogers around her hair that should solve the issue.
Darn, and I was going to suggest that he just.not.ever.be.in.her.presence.

Even if this is all in someone's imagination, the ladies in the neighborhood are on the scent so that is really the only thing that will work to keep this out of the gossip mill.

However, I would also suggest some well placed passing of gas.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:20 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,154,187 times
Quote:
There are some excellent points here though I only bolded some. You seemed really grounded until this..."crushing on you" and "Your hotness as a Mac Daddy" these words of yours don't make sense to me. They sound more like lyrics to a rap song played on MTV that a response to someone on a message board asking for advice. But I totally agree with your first statement and your wise advice he try to not be alone with the Teacher.
Excuse me, what? Who are YOU to tell ME what phraseology to use?

Wag your finger at me, newbie, go ahead. Those of us who have been around for a while don't really appreciate newcomers deciding what advice is supposed to "sound like".

Why don't you wait until you've racked up a few rep points before you start micromanaging threads, right?

Chill, lady. Chiilax. Bet you don't like that either.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:23 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,625,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
This is very bad advice. Unless she exposes her genitals at OP there is nothing to "'report". OP would sound very silly ""reporting"" NORMAL flirting. What is he supposed to say to the principal that the teacher is playing with her hair while talking to the OP? Flirting is hard to prove. Unless he is physically sexually harassed which is unlikely he should man it up & tell his wife to grow some self esteem.
1. For the rest of this school year, do you disagree with avoiding the teacher and waiting it out? Because that's what almost everyone else in the thread is saying.

2. There's nothing wrong with one adult telling another adult to back off. Whether this is normal flirting (with the married father of one of her students ) is open to interpretation.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Excuse me, what? Who are YOU to tell ME what phraseology to use?

Wag your finger at me, newbie, go ahead. Those of us who have been around for a while don't really appreciate newcomers deciding what advice is supposed to "sound like".

Why don't you wait until you've racked up a few rep points before you start micromanaging threads, right?

Chill, lady. Chiilax. Bet you don't like that either.
It's fine. I like your poster name, by the way

I didn't micromanage anything that I am aware of

Nor tell you what to say

Or even how to say it

Nor wag my finger (that is an interesting visual )

No one needs to "earn points here" to participate in a discussion.

Nor "earn" the right to say what they want by accumulating Rep Points.

I am not sure what those are, to be honest. I hit the rep button and get those back if that's what you mean. & notes sometimes

And I don't ever intend to rep anyone with anything negative.

I didn't meant to offend you, yet I did. I'll ensure to re-read my posts for now on. Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited by californiawomann5; 11-06-2013 at 09:16 PM..

Old 11-06-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Spare me the white knighting. Are you one of the ones who finds him irresistible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships