Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 01:34 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
1. OK, so you're pro-abortion choice (as opposed to being pro-other kids of choice, such as pro-child support choice). If you don't mind me asking, why are you pro-abortion choice?
"Pro-choice" is a defined word. Why try to redefine it? If I choose to have nachos for lunch, that doesn't make me "pro nacho choice."

Old 11-05-2013, 01:35 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,793,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
If a woman doesn't know herself well enough to know what she would do in that situation, then she needs to keep her mouth SHUT and not say anything like, "I'll have an abortion if I get pregnant." Your mouth shouldn't write checks your arse can't cash.
I agree with you on this part. If someone is unable to keep a promise, especially in regards to an important issue such as this, then he/she shouldn't make such promises in the first place.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:35 PM

374 posts, read 393,303 times
Quote:
Right. Ad hom, all the way. You want to make this about me. Ain't happening. Try one of your other screen names.

If a woman doesn't know herself well enough to know what she would do in that situation, then she needs to keep her mouth SHUT and not say anything like, "I'll have an abortion if I get pregnant." Your mouth shouldn't write checks your arse can't cash.
Honestly have no idea what you're talking about on the first statement.

And I actually agree with you on the second one, if she was willing to go through with it, she should have never signed anything. On the other hand, I totally get changing your mind when you're slapped in the face with reality.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:36 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
But at the same time, getting pregnant is a big deal, and it may be something that's easy to talk about when it's all hypothetical some time in the future and a lot more difficult when you're faced with actually making a decision. So sure, she signed a napkin a few years ago saying she'd have a termination, but now, she's a little older and her biological clock may be ticking, the thought of that is making her feel sick. It puts the OP in a terrible situation, but I don't think the girlfriend is an entirely horrible person for having second thoughts.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
1. "Pro-choice" is a defined word. Why try to redefine it?

2. If I choose to have nachos for lunch, that doesn't make me "pro nacho choice."
1. Because:

A. It is too vague and could be misleading.
B. Some/many pro-abortion choicers try redefining the word pro-life (which could also be misleading), so we might as well return the favor.

2. Actually, Yes, it does make you pro-nacho choice.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:37 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
Believe it or not, I'm pro-choice.

I believe a woman has the right to choose, but that doesnt mean I can't find it disgusting if someone uses abortion as a form of birth control.

It doesn't mean I can't find it disgusting if someone chooses to get mad at someone for not getting an abortion.
Seriously, are you a male or a female?

You are clearly not "pro-choice".

Pro choice means you support women's right to choose - the end.

It doesn't mean you need to get all judgey-wudgey about the circumstances of that choice.

FWIW I agree, there are some women who are feckless and careless and treat abortion like it's another trip to the hairdresser, but these are extremely few and far between. All women go through some sort of emotional upheaval making this decision at some level, and most go through major upheaval. Probably your sister or girlfriend or mother or grandmother has made this choice in the past, you just don't know about it.

It is a medical procedure like any other, I am speaking of your everyday abortion here which happens somewhere in the first 12 weeks.

It is not a "baby" nor a "soul" nor anything else but a zygote in most cases. There wouldn't even be a zygote if the woman hadn't been injected with spermatozoa, sorry to be graphic but please. These unwanted pregnancies don't spontaneously erupt within a woman's body. The women just get to carry the fall out.

Personally when I was pregnant I was literally too sick to move, pregnancy is like a virus that overwhelms your body from the very first hour. I literally got off the bed and thought "I think I just got pregnant" and I was right. The symptoms get worse and worse and worse in the early months. I had to resign my job both pregnancies as I literally could not stop vomiting. It's not a walk in the park you know, for anyone. Only an idiot would choose abortion as birth control.

Did you know that these zygotes can actually turn cancerous? It's true, they can. They aren't necessarily guaranteed to grow into a pink cheeked baby you know. Some pregnancies turn malignant and grow into cancers with a face...ugh true story.

Not many people know that little detail about pregnancy. It's a risky business, like Forrests box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get.

Anyway a woman has the right to decide whether or not she becomes a mother, just as men have the right too, although they rarely use it. Where's the cries of "disgusting" for them?

Unfortunately the Moral Majority still think they have a right to dictate this to women and abuse them if the woman finds herself pregnant despite her best efforts yet men get an entirely free pass. This makes no sense.

Why don't you all campaign for effective and easy male birth control instead? I would like my son to have it in at least one medical form, such as a pill or an injection but nooooo......SPERM IS SACRED and must be set free at every opportunity!

Please.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:37 PM

374 posts, read 393,303 times
Quote:
1. OK, so you're pro-abortion choice (as opposed to being pro-other kids of choice, such as pro-child support choice). If you don't mind me asking, why are you pro-abortion choice?

2. I'm not particularly fond of language/terms such as "the right to choose"--after all, you might as well state *which* choice exactly you support (in regards to which issue). All elective abortions are used as "birth control", since they are meant to prevent someone's birth. I think you meant to say ".... as a form of *contraception*."

3. Sure, though I don't think that it is fair for a pro-choicer such as yourself to shame a male who signed an agreement/contract with his female s*xual partner in regards to getting an abortion and/or not paying child support before he had sex with this female, even if his female s*xual partner changed her mind later on.
I've stated my opinion on abortion and I'm not going to get in an abortion debate with you.

If you want to use the word contraception, then fine, I'll go with that.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
1. I've stated my opinion on abortion and I'm not going to get in an abortion debate with you.

2. If you want to use the word contraception, then fine, I'll go with that.
1. Fair enough. If you ever change your mind, though, please let me know.

2. Thank you.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:41 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
I agree with you on this part. If someone is unable to keep a promise, especially in regards to an important issue such as this, then he/she shouldn't make such promises in the first place.

What cracks me up about this thread is that I'd love to be a fly on the wall if any of these folks who are all supportive about this woman "changing her mind"--and I still have doubts about this being an accident in the first place--had a son who came home with this tale, or they were the man in question, themselves. My guess is there would be hell to pay, judging by the virulence of their answers. If I did have a son, this woman is exactly the kind of woman I would warn him about as soon as he was old enough to learn. "Junior, do not leave your fate in someone else's hands. Do not dip your stick in crazy, and a woman complaining about a condom is cray-cray-CRAY-cray."

Old 11-05-2013, 01:41 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Seriously, are you a male or a female?

You are clearly not "pro-choice".

Pro choice means you support women's right to choose - the end.

It doesn't mean you need to get all judgey-wudgey about the circumstances of that choice.

FWIW I agree, there are some women who are feckless and careless and treat abortion like it's another trip to the hairdresser, but these are extremely few and far between. All women go through some sort of emotional upheaval making this decision at some level, and most go through major upheaval. Probably your sister or girlfriend or mother or grandmother has made this choice in the past, you just don't know about it.

It is a medical procedure like any other, I am speaking of your everyday abortion here which happens somewhere in the first 12 weeks.

It is not a "baby" nor a "soul" nor anything else but a zygote in most cases. There wouldn't even be a zygote if the woman hadn't been injected with spermatozoa, sorry to be graphic but please. These unwanted pregnancies don't spontaneously erupt within a woman's body. The women just get to carry the fall out.

Personally when I was pregnant I was literally too sick to move, pregnancy is like a virus that overwhelms your body from the very first hour. It gets worse and worse and worse until it gets better. I had to resign both pregnancies as I literally could not stop vomiting. It's not a walk in the park you know.

Did you know that these zygotes can actually turn cancerous? It's true, they can. They aren't necessarily guaranteed to grow into a pink cheeked baby you know. Some pregnancies turn malignant and grow into cancers with a face...ugh true story.

Not many people know that little detail about pregnancy. It's a risky business, like Forrests box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get.

Anyway a woman has the right to decide whether or not she becomes a mother, just as men have the right too, although they rarely use it. Where's the cries of "disgusting" for them?

Unfortunately the Moral Majority still think they have a right to dictate this to women and abuse them if the woman finds herself pregnant despite her best efforts yet men get an entirely free pass. This makes no sense.

Why don't you all campaign for effective and easy male birth control instead? I would like my son to have it in at least one medical form, such as a pill or an injection but nooooo......SPERM IS SACRED and must be set free at every opportunity!

Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships