Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 01:44 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What cracks me up about this thread is that I'd love to be a fly on the wall if any of these folks who are all supportive about this woman "changing her mind"--and I still have doubts about this being an accident in the first place--and it was their son who came home with this tale, or they were the man in question, themselves. My guess is there would be hell to pay. If I did have a son, this woman is exactly the kind of woman I would warn him about as soon as he was old enough to learn. "Junior, do not leave your fate in someone else's hands. Do not dip your stick in crazy, and a woman complaining about a condom is cray-cray-CRAY-cray."
Yep, and this is a part of the reason why I do not want to have a son in the first place.

This is why I really think that as long as abortion remains legal, the government really should always recognize the written agreements and written contracts that two individuals sign before having (legally) consensual sex. These written agreements/contracts can also be taught in sex ed and/or et cetera in order to reduce the risk of individuals not thinking enough before creating and signing such agreements/contracts. Males deserve to know for sure what they are getting into before they have (legally) consensual sex, and let's face it, having sex could/does give individuals certain health benefits, et cetera (which is why I don't blame individuals for wanting to have sex).

Old 11-05-2013, 01:44 PM

374 posts, read 393,443 times
Quote:
Pro choice means you support women's right to choose - the end.
Supporting the legalization of abortion doesnt mean I have to be ok with every abortion. People have abortions for different reasons, we don't all have the same view points on this and that's ok.

I just personally don't think its right for someone to have an abortion as a form of contraception, I don't think its right for a couple to have unprotected sex and sign a contract to state that if they do get pregnant they will abort.

But because I don't think thats right doesn't mean I think it should be illegal.

I guess the pre-mediation behind all of this sort of got to me a little bit. This scenario included a contract with very little care taken in regards to protection. Something about this is just morally wrong to me.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
What cracks me up about this thread is that I'd love to be a fly on the wall if any of these folks who are all supportive about this woman "changing her mind"--and I still have doubts about this being an accident in the first place--had a son who came home with this tale, or they were the man in question, themselves. My guess is there would be hell to pay, judging by the virulence of their answers. If I did have a son, this woman is exactly the kind of woman I would warn him about as soon as he was old enough to learn. "Junior, do not leave your fate in someone else's hands. Do not dip your stick in crazy, and a woman complaining about a condom is cray-cray-CRAY-cray."
For the life of me, I just don't understand why people have unprotected sex if they dont want children.

I have two sons, they are way too young to be taught about this (2 and 1), but you can bet protection will be drilled into their brains when they are the right age.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
1. For the life of me, I just don't understand why people have unprotected sex if they dont want children.

2. I have two sons, they are way too young to be taught about this (2 and 1), but you can bet protection will be drilled into their brains when they are the right age.
1. Because unprotected sex feels better, et cetera? Anyway, I agree with you in regards to this.

2. Good, though hopefully (at least from my perspective) they will also be attracted to trans-women, et cetera.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
1. Because unprotected sex feels better, et cetera? Anyway, I agree with you in regards to this.
Well yeah, I can tell you exactly when my gf at the time (now wife) told me I didn't have to wear a condom, I havent wore one in over 7 years, but that doesn't mean we aren't using protection.

She was on birth control before we had kids, now she's on the Nuva ring...(i think that's what they call it).

First was planned, Second wasnt, well he was, but not as quickly.

We had trouble getting pregnant the first time, apparently it was way to easy the 2nd time around. To us it was no big deal, we wanted 2, but didnt really plan on them being so close in age.

Ok, rambling now...

Old 11-05-2013, 01:59 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
well its her body and she have the right to change her mind. that's the consequence of sex without protection you know.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
1. Well yeah, I can tell you exactly when my gf at the time (now wife) told me I didn't have to wear a condom, I havent wore one in over 7 years, but that doesn't mean we aren't using protection.

2. She was on birth control before we had kids, now she's on the Nuva ring...(i think that's what they call it).

3. First was planned, Second wasnt, well he was, but not as quickly.

4. We had trouble getting pregnant the first time, apparently it was way to easy the 2nd time around. To us it was no big deal, we wanted 2, but didnt really plan on them being so close in age.

Ok, rambling now...
1. Based on this, I am assuming that you are a man? Also, unfortunately, I don't think that many individuals know about all of the various options in regards to protection.

2. This is a good move on her part and on your part (for making sure that she is using contraception).

3. Well, at least it sounds like you were ready to take care of your second son as well even though he was unplanned.

4. Good; I am glad that hear that things more-or-less worked out for you and your wife (at least so far).

Old 11-05-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
1. well its her body and she have the right to change her mind.

2. that's the consequence of sex without protection you know.
1. Again, though, from the perspective of morality, the male involved should not necessaily be held responsible for the consequences of the woman changing her mind in regards to this.

2. For males, that's also a possible consequences of sex with protection.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:04 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
I think what is really going on is that the OP has been in a relationship for 3 years with a woman he really seems to be ambivalent about remaining with, despite protests to the contrary. Also the girlfriend sees the ambivalence and commitment-phobia in her man as clear as day. It's probably been emotional torture for her, being with a narcissistic commitment-phobic man who keeps putting out this, "I really don't want you" vibe, even after you have given him everything you have (especially precious time). As soon as she indicated to him that she was interested in parenthood in theory before it became reality as it did(and he knew he wasn't) he should have done something about it right away to protect HIMSELF from the effects of an unplanned pregnancy--leave, get a vasectomy or insist on using condoms (the spermicidal kind, for back-up on condom failure). It makes me so sad to see young women spend years and years on a guy who is not against marriage and commitment--just against marriage and commitment to them. Some men can be incredibly cavalier and callous about having wasted her time, too.

Only thing I'm wondering is why it took so long to happen..

Old 11-05-2013, 02:08 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
1. Again, though, from the perspective of morality, the male involved should not necessaily be held responsible for the consequences of the woman changing her mind in regards to this.

2. For males, that's also a possible consequences of sex with protection.
yes that is true also, but she does have the right to change her mind. I feel for the guy but what do you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships