Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2222 View Post
If it was me raising the child by myself or with another woman, fine. It's my GF that's the problem. I can barely stand the sight of her after her lying to me. Yet she'll get to keep the baby, which puts me in a crappy position since I doubt I'll want to be with her.
I wonder if you can keep your emotion in check at this point. I honestly don't think your girlfriend has lied to you. You simply don't know what pregnancy does to a woman's body and mind. I am not a mother myself, but my sister told me many many times that she was so attached to her "baby" the moment she found out she was pregnant. Your girlfriend is attached to her unborn child, which is truly understandable.

Many of my guy friends freaked out in the past after learning their girlfriends wives' pregnancy. But the moment they held their little babies in their arms, they became completely different human beings. I can never forget about my brother's expression on his face when my nephew came. I've never seen such joy, happiness on a man's face. It is such amazing experience for him.

Having said that, I cannot say I can relate to how you feel, so who am I to judge. I know you are mad, confused, perhaps a little bit scared right now (and your feelings are all justified) However, since she doesn't want an abortion, you cannot imagine NOT raising your child, why not making this a positive experience for both you and her? She needs you right now, and the last thing a pregnant woman needs is a nasty attitude from the father of her child.

Have no constructive advice to offer, wish you some good luck.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahncss View Post
Guess you should have thought about this before having unprotected sex.
She "made" him have uproptected sex with her.

From what I can tell she forced herself on him and made him get her pregnant.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:02 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Takes two to make a child.

Idk why a man who didn't want children, would date and have sex with a women he KNEW was not on birth control.

Unfortunately, shes a liar, but let's be honest...you chose to Snip. on blind luck.
I have to agree with this. A woman can swear up and down all day long that she doesn't want a child...and what she would do if she got pregnant. But all of that can (and often does) go right out the window when that little stick says she's preggers. You should have known better.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-04-2013 at 01:21 PM..

Old 11-04-2013, 10:02 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
She "made" him have uproptected sex with her.

From what I can tell she forced herself on him and made him get her pregnant.
He clearly made some bad choices, and readily admits it. But she also misled him. Whether you find their agreement repugnant or not is irrelivent. I think OP is partially venting, and partially asking for advice on how to deal with this. What's done is done, and unless there is a change of heart on the part of the wife, he has to deal with it. he knows it.

I don't see what everyone gets out of beating down the OP. Does it make you feel better? He Mod edit. [messed up]. OK, now it's time to deal with it.

I believe OP (and child) will fare better from constructive advice, rather than reminding him what a [mod cut] stain on society you deem him to be....

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-04-2013 at 01:23 PM..

Old 11-04-2013, 10:03 AM

770 posts, read 1,177,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
Let it be clear, im not telling him to stay with the gf, I'm telling him to man up and do the right thing, as in be a father to his child.
Which he already said he would be. His problem is being disgusted by his gf, who deceived him. Pay attention, people.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Just curious: why haven't you gotten a vasectomy?
Exactly. Don't ever leave this type of thing at the mercy of your partner if you dont wanna be a parent.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:05 AM

677 posts, read 1,538,498 times
Just imagine how screwed up this child could be if these details are ever made public.

What a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-04-2013, 10:09 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
You know what they call people who use the rhythm method?

Spoiler
Parents!

Old 11-04-2013, 10:20 AM

149 posts, read 203,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2222 View Post
If it was me raising the child by myself or with another woman, fine. It's my GF that's the problem. I can barely stand the sight of her after her lying to me. Yet she'll get to keep the baby, which puts me in a crappy position since I doubt I'll want to be with her.
her not keeping to your agreement isn't a lie, you don't know it's a lie unless she specifically confirms that she was lying when she agreed to it.

she most likely had a change of heart, get over it.

you said yourself that you don't mind the being a father part, that you do love her, but this "lie" disgusts you...

you sound like a crybaby, get over yourself.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:25 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
You can't trust a woman who broke an agreement to have an abortion before ever getting pregnant but you are ok being with a woman who would agree to killing your child just because?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships