Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 12:52 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times

Advertisements

We're not supposed. You're supposed to put your husband before your kids.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:56 AM

428 posts, read 475,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Troll U doesn't count.
Please. Be respectful while posting. I was never mean to anyone here.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
heres what an older, married guy told me about this subject once:

he puts his wife first, then his children, then him
his wife puts their children first, then herself , then him
either way, the husband comes last.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:02 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Yeah...I am pretty sure my wife feels the same way.
Which would offend me more if I didn't feel the same way.

Weird.
Yea, I guess as a parents (for most or maybe some) the idea of being number one goes to the back burner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I agree with this. It's a folly of the English language that we use the same word for romantic love and familial love. They are very different.
Spot on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
No. They are provable. I know a woman can never love man like men love women. Its not a rocket science.
Men die for women not the other way around and it proves pretty much everything.
I think this more so comes down to individual differences rather than gender as far as gravity of love goes. The vast majority of men (and women) are not dying for their love.
Quote:
I don't know but i have generally seen this A man is the least loved and expendable part of today's families.
Given how small and insulated American families have become I don't see how any member could be deemed as expendable.
Quote:
Troll U doesn't count.
Ah.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
I never said that, did i ?
Of course. One cannot tackle biology. So no worries.
It's exactly what you're saying and I think it's problematic for any grown adult to yearn for parent/child dynamics from a spouse. I also understand the biology quite well. I don't understand the neediness clearly displayed in this thread, tho it is sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Supposed to says who? I don't understand what that means or how the sentiment is supposed to manifest in the day to day. It's dysfunctions IMO.
Quote:
heres what an older, married guy told me about this subject once:

he puts his wife first, then his children, then him
his wife puts their children first, then herself , then him
either way, the husband comes last.
Not true. I'm up right now because my daughter was babbling. Her nursery is adjacent to the master bedroom. My husband regularly sleeps in the den so he can have uninterrupted sleep. I'm the one that has to be out the door at 6:30am. That's a gift of putting him first every day. You're jumping the gun with your assumptions. Family dynamics are not as two dimensional as you are attempting to portray here.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, I guess as a parents (for most or maybe some) the idea of being number one goes to the back burner.

Spot on.

I think this more so comes down to individual differences rather than gender as far as gravity of love goes. The vast majority of men (and women) are not dying for their love.

Given how small and insulated American families have become I don't see how any member could be deemed as expendable.

Ah.

The vast majority of men (and women) are not dying for their love.

But when push comes to shove. Its the men who would die for women not women.

Like this
3 Boyfriends Die Shielding Girlfriends During Aurora Massacre
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/23…

Fathers are seen as worthless in today's society. Women throw their husbands out of their lives in no time ( after giving birth obviously ) and seek money from welfare system ( who have taken place of fathers). Its not rocket science.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
It's exactly what you're saying and I think it's problematic for any grown adult to yearn for parent/child dynamics from a spouse. I also understand the biology quite well. I don't understand the neediness clearly displayed in this thread, tho it is sad.

Supposed to says who? I don't understand what that means or how the sentiment is supposed to manifest in the day to day. It's dysfunctions IMO.

Not true. I'm up right now because my daughter was babbling. Her nursery is adjacent to the master bedroom. My husband regularly sleeps in the den so he can have uninterrupted sleep. I'm the one that has to be out the door at 6:30am. That's a gift of putting him first every day. You're jumping the gun with your assumptions. Family dynamics are not as two dimensional as you are attempting to portray here.
]It's exactly what you're saying and I think it's problematic for any grown adult to yearn for parent/child dynamics from a spouse. I also understand the biology quite well. I don't understand the neediness clearly displayed in this thread, tho it is sad.

Not neediness. Just awareness and biology. If a man can love his wife as much as he loves his child and more than why can't women ?
Afterall. One cannot have child without their husband. Right ?
It just shows. Women actually marry their husbands for having kids. That's all and yup that's sad indeed.

My husband regularly sleeps in the den so he can have uninterrupted sleep.

You know. One day you would wake up and see your husband is no longer with you as you have always put him last ( My mom seems to realize it after i left her. Though i don't blame her for that ).

Family dynamics are not as two dimensional as you are attempting to portray here.

I never said that.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:09 AM

Quote:
The vast majority of men (and women) are not dying for their love.

But when push comes to shove. Its the men who would die for women not women.

Like this
3 Boyfriends Die Shielding Girlfriends During Aurora Massacre
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/23…

Fathers are seen as worthless in today's society. Women throw their husbands out of their lives in no time ( after giving birth obviously ) and seek money from welfare system ( who have taken place of fathers). Its not rocket science.
Three men dying for their girlfriends is not representative of the population. The reality is that men kill women at significantly greater rates than they sacrifice their lives for them. Heck, wives are at the greatest risk. You are a wildly uninformed and inexperienced young man. As a tax payer I'm not really game with mass welfare to take care of kids nobody wants. Get snipped and don't marry is a message I do support. God knows why people who don't want kids have unprotected sense.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Three men dying for their girlfriends is not representative of the population. The reality is that men kill women at significantly greater rates than they sacrifice their lives for them. Heck, wives are at the greatest risk. You are a wildly uninformed and inexperienced young man. As a tax payer I'm not really game with mass welfare to take care of kids nobody wants. Get snipped and don't marry is a message I do support. God knows why people who don't want kids have unprotected sense.

Three men dying for their girlfriends is not representative of the population
What about titanic ? I can give you thousands of examples right now. But there is none for women doing the same for men. Why would they ? LOL

The reality is that men kill women at significantly greater rates than they sacrifice their lives for them
nOT EVEN .01 % of the total population of men kill their wives and most husbands would be ready to protect their wives at all cost. That is the difference

You are a wildly uninformed and inexperienced young man.
Says who ?
nobody wants

Most women do.

God knows why people who don't want kids have unprotected sense
What does that actually mean ?
I don't to get married either. Does it mean i have unprotected sense ?
I can just look at the reality of the world a lot better than some married men. So what is your argument ?
Simply none. As expected.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:35 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
So what if it is true? You (men) didn't go through 9 months of pregnancy and the pain of childbirth. Evolution is on her side, as well.

How far you are behind the kids in her heart is up to you. Be a man.

Another thing, it happens all over again with grand-children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships