Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 05:55 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times

Advertisements

"Loving more than" is not the way I would phrase it, but I do take care of my dog and cat really well and no one will ever get in the way of that.

I don't have a problem boarding them or whatever, but I'm not going to stick them in the backyard to make someone I'm dating happy. Being an animal lover is a huge part of who I am - take it or leave it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 06:07 PM

330 posts, read 545,061 times
If you are seriously jealous of a dog, you have bigger problems than you realize.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:29 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
I'm not threaten by some dog or cat.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm not threaten by some dog or cat.
I think you are afraid of kitties.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:34 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,784 times
I don't really care. Whatever I have with my husband, it's different than anything we have with anyone else, dog or person or what not. I don't think it can compare, even if he said he did more I wouldn't really think so. As another poster said, we can do things to each other we don't do with the dogs, LOL. And we'll be around for each other after the dogs are gone. I dunno. I don't care if he said it either way. I wouldn't believe him anyway. Somedays I feel like I love my dogs more than people. Most I just don't give a crap.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:58 PM

2 posts, read 1,616 times
I married my husband but shortly after he started giving the dog more attention than me than he got another dog and they are,the first to get hugs,and kisses,when he gets,home from work everyday and at bedtime the get loved before I do they seem to always,come before,me. And once we,went on vacation his brother was babysitting them and his brother said,they are not eating food too well so guess,what he wanted to rush home to them what should I do I feel neglected and not important

Old 07-27-2015, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,616 times
I'm not jeolous just want some attention and love

Old 07-27-2015, 06:18 PM

84 posts, read 100,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
My nephew's wife is, for lack of a better word, obsessed with their dog. Her Facebook feed is constant pictures of the dog. She won't travel unless the dog can go with them, because she won't get a petsitter or leave her at a kennel for even a weekend. She's made my nephew sleep on the couch so that the dog can sleep in the bed with her. I don't know that she loves the dog more than my nephew, but it's not normal. I get that a pet is your buddy, but at the end of the day, it's a dog. It's not a child, or even a person. It rolls in garbage and drinks out of the toilet and is just happy to be loved.
This sounds a lot like me... lol! I'm completely obsessed with dogs in general, but especially with my dogs, and primarily with one of my dogs in particular. She's smarter than most people I know, considerably more loving, and makes me feel happier than 99% of the people in my life.

That said, I still wouldn't put her before my husband. No one and nothing comes before him; that's an absurd thought. For me to say that, I think even he'd be surprised because dogs are just that big of a part of my life.

I would absolutely be resentful if my spouse put a pet first. In fact, I'd be resentful if he put our kids (if we had any) before our relationship, too!

I should always come first in his life, just as he does in mine.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:26 PM

84 posts, read 100,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms72 View Post
I married my husband but shortly after he started giving the dog more attention than me than he got another dog and they are,the first to get hugs,and kisses,when he gets,home from work everyday and at bedtime the get loved before I do they seem to always,come before,me. And once we,went on vacation his brother was babysitting them and his brother said,they are not eating food too well so guess,what he wanted to rush home to them what should I do I feel neglected and not important
Yeah, see; this doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't put you first or loves them more. This wouldn't bother me so much, probably because I would want to make sure they're okay when we're away, too. My husband's always concerned for our pets and so it's a love we share I guess.

But I do think that if this is something that bothers you, you should be able to bring it up to him, and have him adjust his behavior accordingly -- because again, you shouldn't feel like you don't come first in his life.

Old 07-27-2015, 06:44 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
All this talk about women loving their kids more than their husbands got me thinking about this. If your wife or husband loved your dog/cat more than you would you be jealous or resentful?
Well that would give me a reson to go hang out with my buddies and we can go to the bar or the strip club for a while and feast our eyes on the beauty there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships