Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 12:36 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
For you as well. I am all for 50/50 but do you believe that a man should wear the pants in the family? Without play on words, just refer to the statement.
I don't know why there is this sudden conflict for roles as if there was a competition or something. Everyone is free to play the role they want to in the relationship. Some people just have a naturally stronger personality while others like being guided or they can simply do what they're best at.

It's not about who is in charge but who is stronger at certain areas.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I don't know why there is this sudden conflict for roles as if there was a competition or something. Everyone is free to play the role they want to in the relationship. Some people just have a naturally stronger personality while others like being guided or they can simply do what they're best at.

Exactly. With my guy, there are certain things I'm better at and certain things he's better at. I make certain decisions, he makes others and so far it's worked out pretty well. I'm glad he doesn't feel like it diminishes his masculinity to let me make a decision in situations I'm far more knowledgeable about.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:59 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Considering there are are more feminine men and more masculine women today, than ever before, there is indeed more couples where the woman is the dominant personality in the relationship. Is this upside down setup more common, I don't think so. Remember one thing. Men in general, prefer feminine women and women, in general prefer masculine men. This has never nor will it ever change.

I actually agree with this.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:34 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Exactly. With my guy, there are certain things I'm better at and certain things he's better at. I make certain decisions, he makes others and so far it's worked out pretty well. I'm glad he doesn't feel like it diminishes his masculinity to let me make a decision in situations I'm far more knowledgeable about.
Ok, but who ultimately makes the final decision? There can't be two. Who has the final say so- you or him? Im not implying anything, just asking.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:39 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post

So, again, what would you say if you had a man that said "baby, I respect your decisions and I will take them into consideration and apply them accordingly".

Old 11-07-2013, 01:41 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
My approach is all about self respect. If respecting myself is wrong I don't want to be right
There is respecting yourself and then there is stepping on others to make yourself feel better.

You know something, you actually remind me of some guy who said he just got out of a relationship because his woman wouldn't "submit" like the Bible says she is to.

While the Bible does say something about wives submitting to husbands, pretty much every guy that felt the need to bring this up that I have dealt with had some control issues. They also ignored the verses that talk about what the man is to do which is provide and love. It is as if the woman is expected to be a slave and the man can just stamp around and treat his wife anyway he wants (sex slave, punching bag, etc.)

Anyway, that guy started following me around and even began saying suggestive things to me which made me wonder if he had actually "switched teams."

Whatever the deal was, I wasn't havin' it.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:42 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Question for the ladies-

How would you respond if you overheard your man talking to his male friends stating that he as a man takes his wife's opinion into consideration but ultimately makes the decision on what he as a man of the house feels is right? Would you oppose?

See.. these are the questions in which we will see who is who on this thread... Nope, don't start! I am not asking for a break down. Answer the question in its simplest form. It is a straight forward question.
That's easy enough to answer. He could tell his male friends anything he wanted if that's what he needed to do to inflate his ego. In reality, yes I oppose. One person in my relationships does not get to make the decisions because of their genitalia. I am perfectly willing to listen to argument and compromise and secede when another is more knowledgeable or makes a better case.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:43 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
Ironically the most controlling people I know say stuff like this the most. It's basically: "We are a team, because I say so!!"

Haha!
"You know we are in this together...

... OR ELSE!!!"

Old 11-07-2013, 01:43 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Oh, okay. So this is the kind of woman you and your friends attract? Women who blackmail you?? Over what?
Why are you so shocked that bad women exist?

Old 11-07-2013, 01:46 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
I am not shocked at all. I'm just trying to figure out why you would think that women blackmailing their partners is the norm. Do you think all relationships are unhealthy, or just the ones you and your friends are in?

What was it about your grandparents relationship that you found so appealing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships