Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 03:53 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yeah right, poor guy.

No wonder he describes himself as an "emotional cripple"!

No gender or race wars in my life either
Nor in mine! I'm too busy making love to make war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 03:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post

My preferred activity too.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:02 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
No benefit I have ever heard of outweighs the downsides of living with a man in my opinion.
I don't need money or repairs or heavy lifting.

However, you don't marry someone to get something out of them.
You marry them because you love them, you get along well, and you don't want to live without them.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:48 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
killing bugs,lifting things,opening the jars in the house,house maintenance, changing tires

Old 11-08-2013, 07:53 PM

76 posts, read 89,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
changing tires
That is a myth. You hardly any younger urban guys who can change tires. One day I had a flat tire while driving on the motorway with a female friend. She was surprised I just got out of the car and called the assistance service.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieJack12 View Post
That is a myth. You hardly any younger urban guys who can change tires. One day I had a flat tire while driving on the motorway with a female friend. She was surprised I just got out of the car and called the assistance service.
Its an age thing and the type of person you are.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:37 PM

428 posts, read 445,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Its an age thing and the type of person you are.
I completely agree....

Tire bead re-seat on the trail, starter fluid and flame - YouTube

Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 PM

645 posts, read 1,275,800 times
Quote:
Yeah right, poor guy.

No wonder he describes himself as an "emotional cripple"!

No gender or race wars in my life either
I neither asked for pity nor was I slighting anybody. I was simply debating a topic that some either refuse or are too blinded to see. The statistical information is out there to support the argument I've made.

While I may make light of my own persona, when you and others drag words I've used from other threads, take them out of context, and use them against the author, it's quite telling and a personal attack. Since you cannot engage in intelligent discourse, the personal slight is always a viable crutch.

Additionally, just because you think you do not make decisions based on race, gender, and other things does not make it so. You do it all the time, it's the nature of humans. In your own safe little bubble, you think because you exist and have excluded those vastly different from you in your surroundings that you're perfect, and you've not one human flaw.

So you and others don't make decisions based on race, gender and other discriminatory reasons, go live in the ghetto or any place where you're the only one of your color, type, and social status, then report how you never once made a decision good or bad based on things you're claiming you do not possess.

Cheers,
bolillo

Last edited by bolillo_loco; 11-08-2013 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: No Rhodes scholar here

Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Quote:

My preferred activity too.

How cute!!

Old 11-08-2013, 08:47 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolillo_loco View Post
Really? You really do make a lot of assumptions and can only see things from your immediate life of what you seemingly have. I am looking at society at large and not my own personal life. The fact that you're still stuck on the "gender or race wars" and how you falsely believe that they don't exist in your life, points to somebody who just cannot see the big picture, intricate details of their own life, and are just parroting what society's told them to. Moreover, your personal attacks against me are also quite telling considering you seem to imply some sense of superiority over me. I've simply debated a point of contention with you. I've not overtly attacked.

The statistical facts I've pointed out are there for everybody to see. The overwhelming majority of both men and women suffer from it and it scars and destroys lives. Because you chose to ignore them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Cheers,
bolillo
I honestly believe you can only speak for yourself, share your own personal experience instead of looking at or talking about society at large.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships