Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:36 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
1. I don't think we spend any significant amount of money in studying sex change if at all since the very first sex change was perform way back in the 1930s in Europe and in the US in the early 1950s. its been around for a long time even before my time.

2. about 5% of couples with infertility seek to use IVF because it is complex and expensive but still since its introduction in the US the techniques have resulted in more than 200,000 babies. I don't believe you will get anywhere close to those figures in what you are seeking. plus IVF and what you are wanting are not exactly on the same page in my perspective.

3. aging is a natural process and nothing modern meds can do to stop that, you can slow it down or make the process easier perhaps but you wont be able to just stop the process of aging. but imagine if we could stop aging or significantly slow it down, I would guess millions and millions of people the world over would be in line for that and its support would trump the support in what you want to do. you wont get millions of natural men or trans woman in line trying to get pregnant, the numbers are just not out there.

4. military spending have been cut already and what politician would go on the record for supporting funding for such research.

5. support for what you want isn't on anybody radar right now and if the priority is zero good look in trying to see that in your lifetime.
1. You might be right about this--that said, let me look more into this. I know that sex changes might have been made at least somewhat better in the last several decades.

2. How many trans-women are there cumulatively in the developed world, and in the whole world for that matter?

3. Yes, but in the future we might (or perhaps more likely, will) sufficiently manipulate the human body in a way to stop and reverse the aging process. And Yes, I get that there will be much more support for this than for pregnant males and trans-women, though my point was that having scientists study the human body much more could lead to pregnant trans-women and/or males as a result of research into specific fields, such as organ transplants and the creation of new organs (hence my previous point about transplanting uteruses into trans-women). Thus, we might not need to separately spend that much money on getting trans-women and/or men pregnant.

4. Military spending can possibly be cut much more, and again, a politician does not need to explicitly support this research in order for this research to occur (as per my point #3).

5. Even if this will not occur anytime soon, if I get cryogenically preserved and then successfully revived, then time will no longer be much of a problem for me.

Hopefully I have made myself clear enough here right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 07:39 PM

@NilaJones: Also, in regards to your point about urges, your argument can be applied to justifying abortions even in cases where contraception is 100% efficient/effective and easily available/accessible to everyone, since (some) individuals can simply claim that having sex with this contraception being utilized isn't as satisfying for them as without this contraception being utilized.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:00 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
1. You might be right about this--that said, let me look more into this. I know that sex changes might have been made at least somewhat better in the last several decades.

2. How many trans-women are there cumulatively in the developed world, and in the whole world for that matter?

3. Yes, but in the future we might (or perhaps more likely, will) sufficiently manipulate the human body in a way to stop and reverse the aging process. And Yes, I get that there will be much more support for this than for pregnant males and trans-women, though my point was that having scientists study the human body much more could lead to pregnant trans-women and/or males as a result of research into specific fields, such as organ transplants and the creation of new organs (hence my previous point about transplanting uteruses into trans-women). Thus, we might not need to separately spend that much money on getting trans-women and/or men pregnant.

4. Military spending can possibly be cut much more, and again, a politician does not need to explicitly support this research in order for this research to occur (as per my point #3).

5. Even if this will not occur anytime soon, if I get cryogenically preserved and then successfully revived, then time will no longer be much of a problem for me.

Hopefully I have made myself clear enough here right now.
yes you have and good luck to ya, i'm done with this topic.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:52 PM

533 posts, read 1,112,001 times
What. the. hell. did. I. just. read?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!???!?!??!?!?!??!?

Quote:
futurist110, i'm sure you are good guy and means well, but sounds like you are just too smart for your own good. seriously, who think of this stuff, you are way over most of our heads here. you sound like a very smart guy with just a little too much free time on hand, you might need to get out a little more. i'm seriously not putting you down and I mean it when I say you are just way too smart. you need your own laboratory, i'm sure will find the cure for something. best of luck to you.
^this.

Quote:
yes you have and good luck to ya, i'm done with this topic.
^and this.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:19 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
In regards to the criticism part, I was referring to all posters here, rather than specifically to you.

When exactly do you think that this will happen? Also, I think that eventually, just like some other things, we will have the ability to make it safe. In addition, considering that many trans-women probably (and would probably) want to do this, I think that the resources, including money, to do this will be there, at least when this will become a real, serious possibility.
Sorry for the late response. I think trans people will benefit in an off-shot kind of way via other research areas, but in this economy I wouldn't hold my breath. The tax payer doesn't want to pay for anything and Big Pharma/medical industry needs to make money. The "heydays" are over. With all that said, even if all the technology were in place the chances of a trans person being able to pay for it all would be a challenge. Obamacare is not going to pay for it and I would be surprised if an insurance co would.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:41 PM

609 posts, read 807,925 times
How is the dating going?

Old 12-22-2013, 07:07 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,024,400 times
Yeah any luck futurist?

Old 12-24-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Yeah any luck futurist?
I stated in the beginning of this thread that "I am extremely interested in dating trans-women once I'll seriously enter the dating business." For the bolded part to occur, I will need to finish my education and to get a good, stable, permanent job first (I am currently 21 years old, if anyone is wondering).

That said, if you and/or anyone else is willing to try having a "dating simulation" with me (similar to a war game when it comes to military planning), then I am all for it.

Old 12-25-2013, 03:11 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,024,400 times
Quote:
I stated in the beginning of this thread that "I am extremely interested in dating trans-women once I'll seriously enter the dating business." For the bolded part to occur, I will need to finish my education and to get a good, stable, permanent job first (I am currently 21 years old, if anyone is wondering).

That said, if you and/or anyone else is willing to try having a "dating simulation" with me (similar to a war game when it comes to military planning), then I am all for it.
Makes sense I think it's admirable that you want to get established first but that shouldn't stop you from having fun and meeting people.

You're younger than I thought. I just turned 23 and generally go for somewhat older people romantically. How about you? And what do you mean by dating simulation? Like a virtual date?

Old 12-25-2013, 03:58 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,416,430 times
I've known 3 trans-women and one trans man. These definitions are so puzzling to me.

In any case, I knew them long enough to observe their physical transformations. it's such an incredible journey for them.

They all worked full-time, mainly in design and retail.

The man who was once physically a woman has got to be the happiest person I ever met. I am in awe of him.

His wife knew him through the whole transformation. Luckily both sides had extremely supportive families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships