Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:09 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Who told you that that's how it works?

Do you understand that college is when you're suppose to hone your skills?

You're going to graduate from college and be even more awkward, bitter and angry at women. You'll marry the first girl that'll have you and you'll live a miserable life. Bet. BET!
Well this is not my first time at college so I all ready honed my skills but now i am just improving on them.

I am not bitter or angry at woman if they want losers go for it just do not cry to me about I hand you a mirror and walk away.

Next having a dead end job were I make no money and no room for advancement . It makes it hard to be super confident and wake up saying life is beautiful I am broke and eating top ramen . Working retail is ok if you want to be single for life and no kids and die on the job at 85 go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 12:17 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Working retail is ok if you want to be single for life and no kids and die on the job at 85 go for it.
Plenty of people work retail and have relationships. My job is not exactly glamorous but I've been with my girlfriend for two and a half years now.

Life is a lot better if you don't make un-needed assumptions about people.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:40 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
make sure that when she's giving birth, you're somewhere else nailing another woman, and make sure she knows what you are doing it.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Plenty of people work retail and have relationships. My job is not exactly glamorous but I've been with my girlfriend for two and a half years now.

I know that people working retail have relationships and good for them. If i had a GF i would be wondering why is she dating me?

I do envy people that are happy as can be and content with where they are at in life.

I am however am constantly tortured by a sense of failure. The desire to feel like you're not a loser drives me.

I am sick of being broke and just skating by in life and having nothing to work for. I have done every thing in retail one can do and made all the money I can make. I do not see how people are happy working retail ? I would need a ton of Xanax in order to do that.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:42 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post

I like your posts. Keep writing. Sooner or later these lads will run out of excuses for why they can't get dates, at which point they will only be able to conclude that it's their own behavior.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:45 PM

428 posts, read 445,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
It's not something you want to miss.
I wouldn't for the world.

Try not to get into an accident driving her to the hospital.....

Pepsi MAX & Jeff Gordon Present: "Test Drive" - YouTube

Old 11-10-2013, 12:47 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
I know that people working retail have relationships and good for them. If i had a GF i would be wondering why is she dating me?

I do envy people that are happy as can be and content with where they are at in life.

I am however am constantly tortured by a sense of failure. The desire to feel like you're not a loser drives me.

I am sick of being broke and just skating by in life and having nothing to work for. I have done every thing in retail one can do and made all the money I can make. I do not see how people are happy working retail ? I would need a ton of Xanax in order to do that.
Look, that's you. And you need the help of a qualified therapist.

Happiness comes from understanding what you do and do not have control over and being content with what you have when you know you've put your best effort in. There will always be someone smarter, better-looking, better-built, wealthier, taller, hotter, more successful with women, with a better career. I've been reading your posts lately, and all the time you spend whining and complaining on these forums could be put to better use getting your own act together rather than blaming women for your lack of dating success and worrying about how other people could be happy in situations you wouldn't be. You're a very good-looking guy. If I were your age and single, I'd be looking your way. So I can't help but think it's your attitude that is defeating you.

But, please, by all means, if you want to wallow, wallow. Just don't expect anything to change.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I like your posts. Keep writing. Sooner or later these lads will run out of excuses for why they can't get dates, at which point they will only be able to conclude that it's their own behavior.

I could get dates but my life not in order and it is a lot easier to have it in order before I get in to a long term relationship.

All I said was working a dead end job make it hard for me to get out of bed and say life is beautiful I am one big mistake away from being homeless. In order to work retail for the next 55 years i would have to get black out drunk every night in order to not deal with the fact my job is just above the poverty line.

When on a date in the past i hate when a girl ask me what i do for a living or do for fun. I am like I work retail I do not do anything for fun because i do not make any money to do anything.

A mans job positively or negativity effects him in every aspect of his life it the truth.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:11 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
Quote:
I could get dates but my life not in order and it is a lot easier to have it in order before I get in to a long term relationship.

All I said was working a dead end job make it hard for me to get out of bed and say life is beautiful I am one big mistake away from being homeless. In order to work retail for the next 55 years i would have to get black out drunk every night in order to not deal with the fact my job is just above the poverty line.

When on a date in the past i hate when a girl ask me what i do for a living or do for fun. I am like I work retail I do not do anything for fun because i do not make any money to do anything.

A mans job positively or negativity effects him in every aspect of his life it the truth.
Thanks, Lilac, I appreciate it the kind words.

Krieger, no one can tell you how to feel, that's why talking to someone would do some good. I completely understand how you feel, which is why I've been practicing the science of making the best of my situations. I remember meeting a woman one night at a bar. She was cute and she seemed nice. She asked me what I did and when I told her I worked for the parks department she replied "that's cool." But I told her it wasn't cool and that was a mistake. It wasn't a bad job and sometimes I miss it. So the next time I was on a date and I was asked about my job, I decided to make the best of it, because I wouldn't stay at a job that I just absolutely hated and couldn't find anything positive to say.

If you really feel that way about your situation, do something about it. This doesn't mean you have to find a new job, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. Not everything that's fun costs money. I like to go for runs, bike rides and hang out at the park. None of that costs money except for the original cost of my bike and the shoes that I over-use. And some people will be receptive if you say "I enjoy online forums."

At some point, it's time to take some action, cause complaining about it doesn't seem like it's helped so far.

Old 11-10-2013, 01:26 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,267,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWinkle View Post
My "girlfriend" is pregnant and she can go into labour at anytime now. The pregnancy was never meant to happen.

She was just a nice hot girl I met once during a work trip, found out she was on a work trip as well and we were from the same city. I started banging her but I though she was aware it was nothing more than a casual fling. Apparently she was naive enough to think we were "in love". I kept sleeping with other women throughout the whole time obviously.

Long story short, I got careless once or twice and by the time I wanted to break up with her, she was pregnant. She thought I would over the moon with the news but I tried to convince her to get an abortion because we barely knew each other. She was horrified by the idea, said no way and went ahead with the pregnancy.

I'll obviously have to take a paternity test after the baby boy is born, I'm quite sure it's mine but still...anyway, that's another story.

I decided not to break up with her while she was pregnant and she thinks we are a couple. Now she's mad at me because I don't want to be with her during the birth. I told her I'm not comfortable with the setting, that she can perfectly have her mother with her but she even cried yesterday, saying I was insensitive.

It just doesn't make sense for me to be there when I know we are not together and I will ter her I've been seeing other women after the baby is born.

I am honestly horrified by your post!! That poor woman! you dont deserve to be present at the birth or in the babies life. You really are a ****ing dick!!! I hope for the babies sake he is not your child!!

I'm so glad I dont date, some of you men are disgusting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships