Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 AM

544 posts, read 610,368 times

Advertisements

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, I feel so much tension that the OP has in her OP. Release thy tension already, please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 11:32 AM

214 posts, read 382,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
OP, keep us updated after the next date!

BTW, is he flirty in his texting?
Not flirty but his texts are caring and sweet.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:39 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Then don't worry about it.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:07 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
Op,

Sorry but you are going to have to just straight up ask the guy. Not everyone operates in the same fashion. Not everyone has had the same experiences. You don't know what has led to him being this shy or holding back. Maybe it is not his style. You need to openly communicate with the guy and ask him. You seem to be the one in need of physical activity so ask why he hasn't been a bit more physical. That has nothing to do with being a man. Furthermore, maybe he has issues that you may not want to be a part of. You may find yourself taking led in other aspects of the relationship so you had better find out now than later.

And mind you, don't be surprised if and when he finally opens up, there is no mercy! You asked for it and you may get more than you bargain for- a real nymph.

So stop trying to train him and ask.

Last edited by halfamazing; 11-12-2013 at 12:17 PM..

Old 11-12-2013, 12:15 PM

643 posts, read 917,867 times
Thats way normal. He playing the nice guy card. He will make a move by the third date. Its also OK for you to make a move.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:19 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California831 View Post
Thats way normal. He playing the nice guy card. He will make a move by the third date. Its also OK for you to make a move.
^^ This too.

But if you find him continuing to move too slow, you are going to have to make a move caus that only means you may be a bit more aggressive than he.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:25 PM

just gently rest your hand/arm on his thigh... he should get the picture. touch his shoulder, rub his upper arm..

Old 11-14-2013, 11:02 AM

214 posts, read 382,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
^^ This too.

But if you find him continuing to move too slow, you are going to have to make a move caus that only means you may be a bit more aggressive than he.
No I dont want to make a move. I prefer if he initiates. Hes been initiating on contacting me and asking me out so I dont see why he cant initiate holding my hand.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnoname View Post
No I dont want to make a move. I prefer if he initiates. Hes been initiating on contacting me and asking me out so I dont see why he cant initiate holding my hand.
I don't think you understand something about guys. They don't care about holding hands.

It's a girl thing to like to hold hands while walking or whatever.

If he makes a move, it's not going to be holding your hand. It's either going to be a move towards your lips with his lips or an arm around your shoulder.

Is it really too hard for you to just like maybe smile more when your with him, and stare at his eyes a little more? Or even just touch his shoulder, or playfully punch his shoulder. Like c'mon gal.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:52 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
I don't think you understand something about guys. They don't care about holding hands.

It's a girl thing to like to hold hands while walking or whatever.

If he makes a move, it's not going to be holding your hand. It's either going to be a move towards your lips with his lips or an arm around your shoulder.

Is it really too hard for you to just like maybe smile more when your with him, and stare at his eyes a little more? Or even just touch his shoulder, or playfully punch his shoulder. Like c'mon gal.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Or rub his arm or hell just hug him next time you see him.

Also it could be that your not giving off a friendly vibe so he does not know if he should make a move. Next you might be hard to read so he does not want to go in for a kiss and you tell Him NO WAY GUY.

You need to act into him more and he will make a move if your giving him i am into you i am not into you all through the date he might be like well is she interested?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships