Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 12:46 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,949,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Rachel... time to dump Ross.
Whoa! wait a minute.

Ross cheated on Rachel?!?!
What an idiot!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 01:02 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,792,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Whoa! wait a minute.

Ross cheated on Rachel?!?!
What an idiot!!!
But they were on a break!

Old 11-13-2013, 01:10 PM

374 posts, read 392,629 times
I'm confused, didnt you start this thread not too long ago?

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...gain-help.html

Old 11-13-2013, 01:13 PM

374 posts, read 392,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
But they were on a break!
I was totally getting ready to say this.......hahaha

Old 11-13-2013, 01:22 PM

533 posts, read 1,110,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
If you have to ask then the next guy is going to play u like monopoly too. Six years, and he hasn't asked the question? Unless he's not religious you're getting taken for a ride.
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. I get that some people want to date for a long time before marriage, but wtf SIX YEARS?! I think 3 years would be my max and then maybe having a longish engagement (like 2 years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post

Maybe that was about the time they were on a break?

Old 11-13-2013, 01:58 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,962,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post

wait!!!!! Pause the thread! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^(sssssssilence in the room)

Dated 10/13/13

Quote:
recently met a guy that I think is pretty cool...but they all seem this way in the beginning. Is there a way to weed out guys who are just stringing me along and playing games? I am soooo sick of rejection! Should I just stop dating or is this just something you have to learn to deal with?
Let's talk about it shall we OP?

Old 11-13-2013, 01:59 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,427,520 times
go, then stay. then go again....then stay....then go.

seriously it shouldn't even be a question of going or staying unless you have some internally made up struggle making you unable to think for yourself

Old 11-13-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggumbo View Post
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. I get that some people want to date for a long time before marriage, but wtf SIX YEARS?! I think 3 years would be my max and then maybe having a longish engagement (like 2 years).

Maybe that was about the time they were on a break?
Just doesn't add up. She has just as much dirt. Like I said, there is no black and white!

Old 11-13-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Crucified? Please...people have said, "Yeah, go your own way. He's dishonest and you clearly feel you can't trust him...and you have reason to feel so."

Sorry, but when you cheat, lie, are otherwise dishonest, you run the risk of losing your relationships over it. This isn't "being crucified and burning in hell." It's simply cause/effect. It's a completely understandable effect of being unfaithful. Saying, "Well, yes, I lied to you, but look! I'm COMING CLEAN ABOUT IT!" isn't really this big noble thing you seem to think it is. Saying, "Of course I cheated, what do you think I am, a robot? Men have needs, and you just don't understand! At least I'm being honest with you about it!" isn't a ringing endorsement of future fidelity, now is it? What exactly is the guy in this hypothetical scenario supposed to be "getting recognition" for? Being "sad" that he cheated? Come on. You do untrustworthy things, you get treated as untrustworthy. Not rocket science.

Just being a voice of clarity.
I tell you what is not rocket science- her posting on 10/13 that she can't find date.... you may want to reconsider your post. Mine was case specific and i was suspect the entire time- looka what we have here now....

Old 11-15-2013, 02:08 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,318,244 times
Uh, it's a boyfriend, which means he's doing you a major, major favor. Imagine if you were six years and two children deep into a marriage.

Run, Forrestina, run!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships