Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 11:31 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times

Advertisements

Loud shirt?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 11:37 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Loud shirt?

You've never heard the term "loud shirt"?

Here's a Google image search for Loud Shirt.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:58 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,710,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
That sounds like a guy I met on Okcupid. He acted extremely feminine like over the top, I'm not kidding. His voice was higher pitched than mine. The only way you could actually tell he was straight was that he bragged about how sex with his 19-year old ex was "friggin' fantastic!"

A detailed profile of your interests, having things in common with me and not mentioning sex or sexual needs at all. (I mean it's pretty obvious most of us want sex at some point).

Well there are plenty of guys profiles out there like this and yet they don't get any attention.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:51 PM

324 posts, read 441,131 times
I understand the " not looking like your profile picture situation or different age perception , even height and weight , thats all fine , but this one girl takes the cake .... I though I was talking to a white girl for 2 weeks( base on profile pictures ) ...and end up to be a black girl upon our first date .... I Dont care or mind the skin color but damnit woman ! You think I'm blind ?

Old 11-12-2013, 12:56 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,015 times
I don't have any stories of my own but I was part of another person's horrible internet dating experience. My friend Doug was using OKCupid to find dates and he was getting having some success, but he accidentally double booked himself for a Friday night date. By the time he realized he was double booked, he was already a half dozen drinks into happy hour (with me) at the bar where he was going to meet his date(s). He also forgot which girl was which. Furthermore, he told one of the girls his name was "Mark" and one that his name was "Brad". I guess he was feeling confident because he just decided to wing it and not call either to cancel. His plan was to chat up the first girl that came in and if he liked her he would try to leave with her before the other girl showed up, and if not he would fake sick and see if he could get her to leave in order to have a fresh start with the second girl. My role, in exchange for him paying my bar tab, was to run interference if he needed to take a phone call or if the dates showed up at the same time.

It was not a well conceived plan, and the execution was doomed from the start because he got a bit hammered before either woman even showed up. When the first date showed up he botched his introduction because he couldn't remember her name or the name that he was using . He also did not follow the plan to pretend like I was a stranger, because he introduced me as his cousin, which was the most pointless lie ever told. He managed to explain away the name confusion somehow by saying that he uses his middle name sometimes online, and miraculously she stuck around. The plan collapsed when the second girl snuck up on us. She must have entered through a back door or something, because I was watching the front door and I didn't see her. It was kind of awkward for everyone involved. I would love to hear either girl's account of the evening. All I saw was Doug waving his hands and looking embarrassed as he got chewed out. I could not hear what they were saying. As the first girl was leaving, she asked me if "Brad" was really my cousin. I told her he wasn't and that he was a guy on my softball team, which was the truth. She asked me what his real name was and I lied and said I didn't know.

The next day we had a softball game and while we were warming up Doug loudly announced that I was a sh%#y wingman because I ruined his plan to arrange a 3-way. Another teammate chimed in "I take that with a grain of salt because you said that about me when you told those girls you met on the internet that I was your rich cousin and that I would buy their drinks all night." Then others started chiming in with their "Doug stories". It became apparent that quite a few women in the Southwestern Ohio region experienced very bad internet dates that summer.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:32 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,024 times
Quote:
Yet another girl - we went out like 2-3 times and then she slept with me. She didn't stay the night, but I woke up later than normal and in the rush of trying to get to work on time, I forgot my cell phone at home. When I got back after work I had 28 texts from her! They started out "hey how are you? I had fun last night " and slowly progressed into "what is your problem? Why aren't you responding?" eventually getting to "you're a ****ing *******, I hate you". I had been planning to continue seeing her, but after that text barrage I figured I was probably better off ending it there. I didn't respond at all, fearing that if I did it would somehow cause us to meet again, and then I'd eventually wake up to her holding a knife over me or something. lol

Haha! This is another good one! It also is eerily similar to a female acquaintance I met at a friendship Meetup group sans the sex part. She was crazy insecure and wouldn't come into a bar until she knew I was inside. She would frequently blow up my phone with 15+ text messages if I had my phone in my purse & didn't answer her immediately. She even asked that I stand/meet her up outside the venue/bar and walk in with her! This reaffirms that dating and/or seeking friendship online, doesn't work for me!

Old 11-12-2013, 01:56 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I have several. I don't even know where to start. Been doing online dating since my divorce 4 years ago. Its been mostly a disaster. A memorable date was a woman who met me out on a Saturday night at a bar and proceeded to start drinking whisky as soon as she sat down. Downed a couple before I finished my first beer. After talking for an hour, pretended to have a work emergency and literally walked out on my. This was at like 8:30 on a Saturday night. I'm generally considered a decent looking guy and I didn't say anything offensive or rude. It was just weird.

She was trying to salvage the night. Been there, done that.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:57 PM

374 posts, read 393,366 times
Not my story, but its actually my wife's former boss.

He was in the process of dating around and just getting to know people, he set up 2 dates on 2 different nights. Not thinking this would be a problem since he wasn't exclusive with anyone and was just seeing what was out there.

The first date went great, on the 2nd date he met the girl, sat down, and after they ordered she said, "So what's your deal, why did you go out with my roommate last night, and then with me tonight, jackass....."

Old 11-12-2013, 02:28 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
[/b]

Well there are plenty of guys profiles out there like this and yet they don't get any attention.
Eh, maybe they're not as interesting as they think they are, or come off as trying too hard. It's really difficult to tell.

My guys profile didn't really have much on it, but it was succinct and to the point which I like. His messages, however, were absolutely fantastic and we had soooo much in common. Our conversation flowed really well and we even had a few 'inside jokes' before we actually met. After doing online dating for years, I've come to realize that a lot of it comes down to luck.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:46 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
She was trying to salvage the night. Been there, done that.
Thanks a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships