Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:36 AM

20,684 posts, read 19,810,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
My ex did that, but I think it was to check if I was cheating at work.

Were you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 09:36 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,512,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
I do go out to restaranuts but the restaurant is not the point , its a nice restaurant but its not Michelin star or anything

this girl is two years older than me but she comes across as ten years older , very mature ,sensible type

I suspect she thinks im a little immature , hence the suit idea

It's not so much the suit that makes you mature, it's how you carry yourself. Come clean, presentable, use good manners, and just act like an adult, and you should come off fine.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:37 AM

5,749 posts, read 10,333,259 times
What restaurant are you going to? What is the appropriate dress code? How will your date dress? I love when my date wears a suit (as long as it is appropriate for the restaurant - it would be weird if we're going to Denny's...lol). There are several restaurants in the city where I would expect my date to wear a suit (e.g. the 95th) and others where it would be downright silly.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:38 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,176,034 times
Quote:
I do go out to restaranuts but the restaurant is not the point , its a nice restaurant but its not Michelin star or anything

this girl is two years older than me but she comes across as ten years older , very mature ,sensible type

If you suspect that she thinks you're a little immature then the suit is the least of your problems. If you feel you need to wear a suit to "impress" her or show her that you're mature enough then it's going to get tiresome trying to keep proving yourself.

If I have to "prove" myself to someone then that person isn't worth it to me.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:41 AM

5,749 posts, read 10,333,259 times
Quote:
is it a fatal move to wear the same thing on two consecutive dates , its not that I don't have more than one attire , I just happen to particulary like a new ensemble which I bought recently
Yes, that's a problem... Do not wear the same thing twice in a row!

She could think: 1) You are trying too hard 2) You are too poor to afford more than one suit 3) You have no originality 4) You are oddly dependent on your "luck suit" 5) You are looking for a woman to help you pick out clothes.

p.s. Post a pic of the suit in question here...

Quote:

To come across as more mature - wear a sweater vest and white New Balance tennis shoes with dad jeans.... kidding!

I now think you should maybe not wear the suit... I'm not sure if you could carry it off. Would you be comfortable/relaxed in it or would it come across as trying too hard?

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 11-12-2013 at 09:50 AM..

Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,941,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I am a sucker for a man in a nice suit. It makes me want to rip it off him and drag him around by his tie.
Hopefully it is raining outside to reduce friction on his body.
It would be hilarious when you stop pulling, and his face was halfway buried in a pile of mud. As he pushes off the ground to get up his face is half muddy and chucks of mud fall off his face.
It would be even better if you were riding him like a donkey at this point...

You: "Mush! "

Him: "Yee-haw!"

Old 11-12-2013, 01:22 PM

809 posts, read 1,268,383 times
I have to wear a suit to work every day, so it's convenient for me to show up with my work gear on, if Duchamp Girl wants to eat out Friday, which she and I do all Fridays anyway.

However, it has crushed my heart many, many times when curling up for a kiss because they harm my ties which I love more than myself

Pretend like you are coming from work, man. Carry a leather bag. It becomes 200% appropriate. Hard working dude heading out to meet his babe! That is a sight of a man in power. Suits = career men.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,685,351 times
Choose a Dress Shirt - wikiHow

Old 11-12-2013, 01:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,685,351 times
Men's Casual Button-Down Shirts - Nordstrom

This is very nice.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:41 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,003,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post

Pretend like you are coming from work, man. Carry a leather bag. It becomes 200% appropriate. Hard working dude heading out to meet his babe! That is a sight of a man in power. Suits = career men.

Playing make-believe to impress a date? That's silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships