Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 01:03 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,008,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Not even a question I hope, standard, of course, and all of the above.
You might be surprised how many guys think it's one way only .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 01:11 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,041,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
You might be surprised how many guys think it's one way only .

I didn't even know that was a thing. Huh. Pathetic, and perplexing. Another of many many reasons to figure out sexual compatibility within the first few dates.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:30 PM

105 posts, read 247,259 times
My answers if this hypothetical situation:

1. Does the toilet paper go over or under the roll? OVER

2. Cats? Dogs? Both? Cats. Based on my experiences living with dogs, a dog would have to be very quiet, not to be too needy, and bark when they need to go outside. I cannot stand repetitive barking all day. Especially no dogs who were abused by their previous and ignorant owners who fed them popcorn for meals...

3. Can you eat breakfast for dinner? Why not? I will eat dessert for breakfast.

4. Cold pizza: yes or no? I do not care. I am not fanatical about pizza.

5. Is it acceptable to open presents as they arrive or do you have to wait for the actual birthday or holiday? I am used to waiting but it is not a major issue.

6. Should the dirty forks and knives go in the dishwasher with the handle sticking out of the utensil tray or down in the utensil tray? Not a major concern either way.

7. Is it acceptable to leave dishes in the sink to "soak" overnight, or do they need to be cleaned before bed? Not a major concern either way.

8. Toothpaste: cap on or cap off? Cap ON.

9. Again on the toothpaste: roll it from the bottom or just squeeze really hard? Not important.

10. Are towels a one-time use item or do you use the same towel until laundry day? Strongly prefer one time use.

11. How about washcloths? ONE-TIME use.

12. Road trip or flying? I HATE heights so road trip. I have never been on a plane before and I have no desire to.

13. What's the right thread count for sheets? I do not care.

14. What brand of toilet paper? Any Thick and Strong toilet paper. No brands tissue paper disguised as toilet paper.

15. Mayo or Miracle Whip? I do not care.

16. Pepsi or Coke? I do not drink soda. Tastes horrible and irritates my throat. Only water.

17. Can you eat the holiday candy out in the display bowl or must it be left there for display? Either one works for me.

18. What is YOUR definition of camping? Going outdoors away from civilization and sleeping in a tent, etc.

19. Turn the thermostat down when you go out or leave it alone? I do not care.

20. At what point is a garbage bag too full to stuff more trash in it? When the trash is dropping out of the bag.

21. How many times is it acceptable to hit the snooze button? Once.

22. Thrift store shopping: great deals or gross? Depends on the items themselves. Generally you get what you pay for.

23. How far in advance is it OK to plan a vacation? No clue.

24. Restaurant reservations: necessary or too restrictive? Restrictive.

25. Roller coasters: love 'em or hate 'em? Not anymore since childhood. Rode a few last summer for the first time in several years. My upper body was bruised a bit and I had issues in the bathroom 3 days afterwards. Plus my fear of heights made it unbearable after 5 coasters. Never again.

26. More chocolate chips, less cookie or more cookie, less chips? MORE. Too much dough in most cookies nowadays.

27. How much orange juice must be left in the container for it to be returned to the fridge? I only drink water so I do not care at all.

28. Chip clips or just roll the bag up? I do not care.

29. Call the doctor or just take some medicine at home? Call the doctor if serious or unsure of your condition.

30. Where is the prime location for the TV remote to stay? On the sofa.

31. Is it OK to have a TV in the bedroom? It is OK.

32. Should folded clothes be put away, or is it OK to just pull as needed from the basket of clean laundry? I do not care.

33. Do you need to write a grocery list or just wait until you're walking around the store to figure out what you need? I can manage without a list.

34. Making the bed: must-do or waste of time because you're just going to get back in it? WASTE of time. I do not care what other people think about it.

35. Is it OK to shave/clip toenails in the living room? I do it all the time in the living room near a trash can.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:22 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,626,713 times
Your. Not you're.

You like Pepsi more than Coke?

Old 11-12-2013, 03:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,660,707 times
I'm really surprised nobody mentioned this gem:

Quote:
6. Should the dirty forks and knives go in the dishwasher with the handle sticking out of the utensil tray or down in the utensil tray? Down. But I don't care, this is woman's job. I'll let her decide.
I wouldn't be with a guy who thought it was a 'woman's job' to load the dishwasher.

Regardless, I'll give it a whirl.
1. Does the toilet paper go over or under the roll? I've never noticed either way.

2. Cats? Dogs? Both? - He has cats, but wants a dog. I had both growing up and can go either way.

3. Can you eat breakfast for dinner? - Yessssss, brinner is the BEST.

4. Cold pizza: yes or no? - Yes, of course.

5. Is it acceptable to open presents as they arrive or do you have to wait for the actual birthday or holiday? - I wait, he doesn't. If it was a present for the both of us, we'd probably rock/paper/scissor for it.

6. Should the dirty forks and knives go in the dishwasher with the handle sticking out of the utensil tray or down in the utensil tray? -Down. Duh. Otherwise you'd poke yourself with the tines.

7. Is it acceptable to leave dishes in the sink to "soak" overnight, or do they need to be cleaned before bed? - Sure, but I usually soak for 10 minutes or so and then clean them up, but I forget on occasion.

8. Toothpaste: cap on or cap off? - On

9. Again on the toothpaste: roll it from the bottom or just squeeze really hard? - Squeeze

10. Are towels a one-time use item or do you use the same towel until laundry day? - Couple of times

11. How about washcloths? - Don't know/care, can't recall using one

12. Road trip or flying? - flying, usually. He hates driving, but we'll choose the train if possible. Best of both worlds.

13. What's the right thread count for sheets? - I prefer jersey sheets, he splurges on high thread count cotton sheets.

14. What brand of toilet paper? - Don't know/care
15. Mayo or Miracle Whip? - Don't know/care
16. Pepsi or Coke? - I don't drink soda (besides the occasional sprite/7up and every once in a while I'll have Dr. Pepper and whiskey) and neither does he.

17. Can you eat the holiday candy out in the display bowl or must it be left there for display? - candy...display? No. Candy goes in your mouth.

18. What is YOUR definition of camping?- Camping means setting up camp - tent, sleeping bag, etc.

19. Turn the thermostat down when you go out or leave it alone? - Off. Space heaters in the specific rooms we're using so we don't heat up the entire place.

20. At what point is a garbage bag too full to stuff more trash in it? - When there's a possibility of overflow and the cats getting into it.

21. How many times is it acceptable to hit the snooze button? - No snooze buttons.

22. Thrift store shopping: great deals or gross? - Could be either, but usually good deals

23. How far in advance is it OK to plan a vacation? - 8 weeks if we're flying, 6 if we're taking the train, super last minute if we're driving.

24. Restaurant reservations: necessary or too restrictive? - Necessary for good places, of course

25. Roller coasters: love 'em or hate 'em? - He's neutral, I love 'em.

26. More chocolate chips, less cookie or more cookie, less chips? - Balance

27. How much orange juice must be left in the container for it to be returned to the fridge? - Half glass

28. Chip clips or just roll the bag up? - ziplock bags.

29. Call the doctor or just take some medicine at home? - Depends on how crappy you feel.

30. Where is the prime location for the TV remote to stay? - I don't have a tv, he has one in the living room and can never find the remote. Luckily, he has an app on his phone that can control it.

31. Is it OK to have a TV in the bedroom? - No

32. Should folded clothes be put away, or is it OK to just pull as needed from the basket of clean laundry? - Put away

33. Do you need to write a grocery list or just wait until you're walking around the store to figure out what you need? - Both. Basics go on a list, add whatever else we find on sale.

34. Making the bed: must-do or waste of time because you're just going to get back in it? - I'm a bed maker, but since I know that I don't force anyone to abide by my rules. If I want the bed made, I do it myself.

35. Is it OK to shave/clip toenails in the living room? - Noooo. Bathroom for both of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships