Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,198,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
Of course it isn't, but data and hard numbers always trump anecdotes.

So because you don't, that means the majority of women don't as well? Such sound reasoning.

While in general this is true, this does not however mean there are certain features that are strongly preferred and desired in men and women by the vast majority of men and women, respectively. Just because 1 man out of a 100 million out there prefers obese, hairy, and unkempt women doesn't mean they are equally as desirable as fit and attractive women. A woman like you is about as rare as that man in the given example and the fact of the matter is, the overwhelming vast majority of women do have physical preferences and requirements and the intersection of those preferences is often sufficiently large to result in the vast majority of women essentially chasing after a minority of men, with many men simply being undesirable to most women.

It's not totally worthless, it's actually quite interesting and there are many bright people out there who dedicate their entire scientific careers to understanding this, it's called evolutionary psychology. You can claim individuality all you want, but the reality is, the ideal men for the vast majority of women look quite similar to one another with a small variation here or there.

That is precisely what I'm saying. Don't like it? Tough.
Data and hard numbers? Can you please show me the data and hard numbers that proves that men have preferences whereas women have requirements? This is all just opinion. And apparently your opinion is to blame your lack of success on the shallowness of women. That's just a cop out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 07:43 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,470,964 times
I blame my lack of success with women on my wife.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
My husband blames me as well.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,923,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My husband blames me as well.
Hahaha.....rub it in.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:02 PM

377 posts, read 620,677 times
Quote:
Data and hard numbers? Can you please show me the data and hard numbers that proves that men have preferences whereas women have requirements? This is all just opinion.
There's a whole thread I posted a while ago that fell off the first page that conclusively shows that women a majority of men to be unattractive, and often dismiss most men for not meeting one or more of their checklist of preferences (which are requirements). Women will often dismiss a man from the start for being the wrong height or the wrong ethnicity, while that almost never happens with men. The fact that men were more reasonable in their standards of women, where they rated the average woman to be a 5/10, is enough to show this. If this wasn't true, then everything we understand about evolution and natural selection would be completely wrong. Women, by nature, have to be more pickier than men.

Quote:
And apparently your opinion is to blame your lack of success on the shallowness of women. That's just a cop out.
Why are you making this personal? I never mentioned anything about myself or my own apparent lack of success in the dating world. All I did was state some basic facts. Please address the facts and not me personally. Thank you.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
There's a whole thread I posted a while ago that fell off the first page that conclusively shows that women a majority of men to be unattractive, and often dismiss most men for not meeting one or more of their checklist of preferences (which are requirements). The fact that men were more reasonable in their standards of women, where they rated the average woman to be a 5/10, is enough to show this.

Why are you making this personal? I never mentioned anything about myself or my own apparent lack of success in the dating world. All I did was state some basic facts. Please address the facts and not me personally. Thank you.
You are calling people liars and you don't want to make things personal? That's interesting.

You started that thread and pretty much every single poster - men and women - told you that you had completely misinterpreted the study. And it was a "study" - not hard data.

As to women having to be pickier about men - that may be true - but it is not based solely on looks. That doesn't even make sense from an evolutionary standpoint.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,923,985 times
Quote:
You are calling people liars and you don't want to make things personal? That's interesting.

You started that thread and pretty much every single poster - men and women - told you that you had completely misinterpreted the study. And it was a "study" - not hard data.

As to women having to be pickier about men - that may be true - but it is not based solely on looks. That doesn't even make sense from an evolutionary standpoint.
He wants a hug.

C'mere sugar......lemme give you one (((((HUG))))))).

Old 11-13-2013, 08:14 PM

377 posts, read 620,677 times
Quote:
The data was interpreted correctly, and you're completely wrong by saying "pretty much every single poster" as at least half agreed with while the other, more vocal half did not. All the people who claimed misinterpretations turned out to be layman themselves when it came to data analysis. The numbers are correct and no one in the thread could show conclusively the main interpretations were wrong.

Quote:
It is based solely on looks, as looks are the primary desirable trait that can be passed on genetically. Personality and "confidence" never really mattered, because they are simply traits that cannot be selected for.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
The data was interpreted correctly, and you're completely wrong by saying "pretty much every single poster" as at least half agreed with while the other, more vocal half did not. All the people who claimed misinterpretations turned out to be layman themselves when it came to data analysis. The numbers are correct and no one in the thread could show conclusively the main interpretations were wrong.

It is based solely on looks, as looks are the primary desirable trait that can be passed on genetically. Personality and "confidence" never really mattered, because they are simply traits that cannot be selected for.
Wrong on both accounts but I think it's pointless trying to reason with you. Have a nice night!

Old 11-13-2013, 08:25 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,218,140 times
Who cares?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships