Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 11:29 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why are so many people responding to this old brahmabull post? Weird.
The powers that be or think they are need to close this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 11:45 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post
I'm guessing "too busy" means she doesn't want to see me again for whatever reason. Strange, since she was totally down for a second meeting immediately after the first.

Do I:

a) Drop it

b) Tell her we don't have to date, we can just have a FWB. If so, how would I say this without sounding creepy?

Also, Im 24, she's 42.
Who cares if she even has a son that's your age. If you both like it so be it.

As for her being "too busy". depends on the time, the person, etc. Generally people at 42 are going to tell you straight and not play the games the younger girls do.

Old 10-28-2017, 11:37 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
Quote:
I'm guessing "too busy" means she doesn't want to see me again for whatever reason. Strange, since she was totally down for a second meeting immediately after the first.

Do I:

a) Drop it

b) Tell her we don't have to date, we can just have a FWB. If so, how would I say this without sounding creepy?

Also, Im 24, she's 42.
More so depends on how you say it. The way you put it, no, but maybe there is a better, more palatable way of putting that. But at this point if you continue being her friend you can forget about it. Especially at her age.

If you have no intention of making a move, then move on. So now you're too busy for her. And you don't have to be mean about it either. If you catch my drift.

Old 10-28-2017, 11:43 AM

401 posts, read 552,050 times
Forget about her. Download some online apps and go out on weekends with your friends. Find a girl whose in her early 20s lol. This isn't rocket science.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:38 AM

212 posts, read 162,276 times
Quote:
i really want to just say, "well how about the next time you have an hour to spare, i bang your brains out? "
If you are 24 and she is 42, you won't even last 10 minutes and she is aware of this, so any brain banging will not happen and she doesn't want to waste her time with a kid.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:55 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteGem View Post
If you are 24 and she is 42, you won't even last 10 minutes and she is aware of this, so any brain banging will not happen and she doesn't want to waste her time with a kid.
Lol, you act as if ALL 24-year-olds would finish in like 5-10 minutes. Not really true.

But back to the thread, this is another one of our resident used car salesman's multiple accounts.

Old 01-26-2018, 03:58 PM

251 posts, read 204,089 times
Women kiss random Men all the time and don't want to do anything else.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:00 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
I just saw a movie with Cher in it, where she plays herself, and at one point she is kind of sad because her BF just left for college. An openly tongue in cheek reference to a large age gap in their relationship.

Bravo Cher! But I'm not sure every woman would be self assured enough to deal with such ribbing over a similar relationship in real life.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:39 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I just saw a movie with Cher in it, where she plays herself, and at one point she is kind of sad because her BF just left for college. An openly tongue in cheek reference to a large age gap in their relationship.

Bravo Cher! But I'm not sure every woman would be self assured enough to deal with such ribbing over a similar relationship in real life.
Wrong thread? LOL!

I actually love that movie. It is Stuck on You.

She was ripping on herself for her reputation for going with younger guys. I think the "boyfriend" in that scene was Malcolm from Malcolm in the Middle.

I think she was ripping as much on the exaggeration and shock that people express at her age gap relationships as at herself, though. For a movie whose premise should have been full throttle stupid it had cleverness.

I like Cher, she is her own person and sure has lived life on her own terms.

Old 01-27-2018, 02:07 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Wrong thread? LOL!

I actually love that movie. It is Stuck on You.

She was ripping on herself for her reputation for going with younger guys. I think the "boyfriend" in that scene was Malcolm from Malcolm in the Middle.

I think she was ripping as much on the exaggeration and shock that people express at her age gap relationships as at herself, though. For a movie whose premise should have been full throttle stupid it had cleverness.

I like Cher, she is her own person and sure has lived life on her own terms.
No its the right thread, lol. The 24 year old guy is wondering what suddenly made the 42 year old he dated too busy.

I thought about some folks I once worked with, that had something to say if you did nothing. I imagined what would be said if I armed them with a juicy tidbit that was true, lol.

I would hope I could be as strong as Cher in that case. Chances are I wouldn't want to deal and tell the 24 year old I was too busy too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships