Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,105,242 times

Advertisements

This is a FREE SITE and the guy who runs the site is making it seem like it'a a pay site. Check out the changes below. He wants the site to be a relationship focused site

1. Any first contact between users contanining sexual references will not be sent. Anyone who tries to get around this rule will be deleted without warning

2. You can no longer contact someone who is more than 14 younger than you. Anyone who tries to get around this rule will be deleted

3. Intimate Encounters will go away in the next few months because POF will be all about relationships.

So I can no longer sent a woman a message who is 22 and interested in older shy men?? lol

As grandmom would say if she was alive today..............."Sounds like a pile of shet to me"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 07:31 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,487,658 times
As Marcus pointed out in his email, that 22 year old woman you've been emailing may be a man.

He owns the site, so he can obviously do what he wants. I don't agree with all his choices, because I think it will affect a lot of legitimate users as well as the disruptive ones.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:40 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,162,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
This is a FREE SITE and the guy who runs the site is making it seem like it'a a pay site. Check out the changes below. He wants the site to be a relationship focused site

1. Any first contact between users contanining sexual references will not be sent. Anyone who tries to get around this rule will be deleted without warning

2. You can no longer contact someone who is more than 14 younger than you. Anyone who tries to get around this rule will be deleted

3. Intimate Encounters will go away in the next few months because POF will be all about relationships.

So I can no longer sent a woman a message who is 22 and interested in older shy men?? lol

As grandmom would say if she was alive today..............."Sounds like a pile of shet to me"

As long as somebody is of legal age(18) I don't see why its anybody's business the age of the person you choose to date. And if you can't use dating sites to hook up for sex whats the point?

Old 05-21-2013, 07:40 AM

39,321 posts, read 27,704,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post

You have to know that dating site is a business. I bet POF will eventually turn into a paid site. They now have enough members to compete with match.com.

Typical marketing strategy which is nothing new. POF has received many negative publicity, therefore, they are making some fundamental changes to attract "quality" users who are willing to pay.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:45 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,688,465 times
Is it a joke?

Old 05-21-2013, 07:53 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,525,120 times
Yes I seen this yesterday and I am not surprised. Many women have been complaining for years about it. I was surprised however he didn't take away the married option, as that was also a big complaint as well. Oh well doesn't effect me as I don't go looking for any women that young, however, I think more and more men will be lying about their ages now.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:58 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,225,521 times
Typical female on POF..... overweight/no job/2 kids... seeking Harvard educated lawyer with six pack abs who can provide

Old 05-21-2013, 08:24 AM

502 posts, read 718,885 times
Does this mean that I'm gonna be able to finally meet some *attractive* women on POF? Ones who wont ignore my message, flake after I ask them out, or just add me to their facebook page??

Old 05-21-2013, 08:29 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,688,465 times
The owner is probably planning on eventually transforming it to a pay site.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:29 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,814,696 times
I tried POF to find SCUBA diving buddies. I did this because the site says you can look for "friendships" but I guess I misunderstood that and it didn't really work out. I stopped using the site because no scuba divers contacted me--although a lot of men did who were looking for dates did as well as guys who wanted to know how to get scuba training. The weird thing was, I wasn't being contacted by older men, I was being contacted by much younger men (which would have been fine if they were actually scuba divers looking for a buddy--but they weren't). Anyway, so I wonder if they aren't going to let you contact someone 14 years older too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships