Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 12:02 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Man. You people overthink everything.
seriously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 12:06 PM

442 posts, read 588,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnoname View Post
Weve been on 4th date no physical contact other than holding hands and lips touched ( no kissing). All dates initiated by him. He texts me frequently( all communication initiated by him). He pays for our dates. He picks me up and drops me off. He lives about 35 miles away from me. Anyway, two weeks ago he invited me to go to his work's christmas party. I said that I would check and let him know. Then yesterday, he brought it up again. He asked me if I was able to find out if I could go because he already put plus 1 on his invitation. He said he would really like me to go that I would be meeting his coworkers. Do you guys think its a good idea to go? We've only been on four dates and been seeing each other for about a month?
So...in order to attend a Christmas party with someone you've dated, there needs to be a certain amount of dates or a certain level of intimacy first? An invite to a work party is not an invite to get married. No correlation there.

Go have fun if you like the guy. Whether it be monogomous or as a second date, it's so nice he asked you. My son's two first dates were at the girls parents house, they insisted on making dinner instead of allowing the couple to go to the Movies. both girls said they wanted him to meet their mothers/parents. No biggie.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:09 PM

442 posts, read 588,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I was thinking the same. In another thread the OP said she refuses to initiate anything physical. She said she was cold so the guy just kinda ran his hands up and down her arms. Sorry, but if I tell a guy I'm dating that I'm cold and he doesn't wrap me in his arms to warm me up then I can't help but think something's afoot.
In just four dates? My son waits until at least 3 months before touching any female, so he says. Actually one girl he didn't, they went fast but he regretted it. She called our home endlessly...not very stable girl but turned out wonderful. A real sweetie.. just needed time to grow up like we all do. Or did.
Anyhow it's called being a Gentleman.<-- Not directed to you at all, I'm just saying...

Again, not to anyone specific...but it's a sad day when being a Gentleman is turned into a question of that person having a sexual perversion/inclination

Old 11-21-2013, 12:10 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Weve been on 4th date no physical contact other than holding hands and lips touched ( no kissing). All dates initiated by him. He texts me frequently( all communication initiated by him). He pays for our dates. He picks me up and drops me off. He lives about 35 miles away from me. Anyway, two weeks ago he invited me to go to his work's christmas party. I said that I would check and let him know. Then yesterday, he brought it up again. He asked me if I was able to find out if I could go because he already put plus 1 on his invitation. He said he would really like me to go that I would be meeting his coworkers. Do you guys think its a good idea to go? We've only been on four dates and been seeing each other for about a month?
Lips touched but no kissing and he is doing all blowing work to inflate this relationship?

Why would he want you there anyways.

If this things going to work you had better start responding and doing something.

Sheesh!!!

Old 11-21-2013, 12:14 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
In just four dates? My son waits until at least 3 months before touching any female, so he says.

Haha, 15 year olds don't count

Old 11-21-2013, 12:18 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiawomann5 View Post
In just four dates? My son waits until at least 3 months before touching any female, so he says.

or so he says, as a gentlemen doesn't kiss and tell.....

There, I fixed that for you.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:24 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,118 times
Quote:
No and Im not invested that much with the other guy either. The other guy even said that he cant tell if I really like him. Im pushing and pulling. Other guy said he's open to anyhthing I want, to date or to be in a relationship. This guy Im afraid that if I go he would think I want a relationship with him already. I want a relationship but with the right guy. I like both of them and would consider a relationship thats why Im so confused right now.

How is this confusing?

You have what you want right in front of you, yet you are confused.

Therefore, the situation is one of two options:

1. you have no idea what you want or what you are doing, and you just say/type out things that sound like things you should want.

2. Neither of these two guys are what you want, although you may appreciate their company. therefore anything serious with them isnt appealing enough for you to pursue what you want.

It is possible option #2 is a result of option 1, however option 1 is not predicated upon option 2.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:36 PM

884 posts, read 1,406,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ah hell go. He wants to show you off. And actually has a date. I was a dude's plus one at a wedding. It was fun.
Hope it wasn't the groom.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:43 PM

372 posts, read 456,401 times
I thought that kissing was pretty well defined as touching lips... how does one touch lips without kissing? It sounds like you have exactly what you want... two men worshipping you doing what ever you want. Why ask us? Do what makes you happy.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:38 PM

643 posts, read 917,967 times
Why not? Just get tipsy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships