Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 05:05 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times

Advertisements

Wow....I am so shocked!
I thought they were "so in sync"????
What the hell happen?
Is it his impulsiveness?
He is a bit harsh around the edges.....
I just hate when anybody get's divorced...(except my now married again ex-husband.....)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 07:31 PM

112 posts, read 569,293 times
Default Grew Apart

Most likely she just grew away from this man who rescued her from a life of obscurity (Wasn't she a waitress when he noticed her?) then placed her in a fairytale. Clearly their son has lacked direction but I guess it is good to get his felonies out of the way while he is still a minor.

Fame-- I presume-- is hard to handle. The Hulk is a showman, he certainly knows the spotlight scene, but I cannot help but wonder about Mrs. Hulk's thought processes. Is she merely cashing out to be free once again? Compare what she has now with her pre-Hulk prospects.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:16 AM

768 posts, read 2,100,750 times
How many years is enough? She's been with him two decades at least, if their children are late teens. She's done her time, and I certainly wouldn't call living with the Hulk and his bulk a fairytale, lol. (And I so agree with the remark about living with a caricature.)The episodes of the show that I saw showed him being childishly jealous. She tried to get back into fitness and he criticized the form of exercise she wanted, he didn't like the trainer she hired, he could do a better job himself, blahblahblah. He wasn't happy untl he had fired the trainer and was training her himself, which meant that she got no peace from him at all. What had been an enjoyable, peaceful exercise time turned into another aggravation for her. He also seemed to have wayyy too much time on his hands and nothing better to do than to try to manipulate his family's lives. Actually, it seemed to be his daughter and wife he bothered--he left the son alone.

He appeared to need some hobbies and to give his wife some breathing room. It was painfully clear on one episode that she did not want to be near him, much less get in the shower with him to shave his back. He seemed to think the answer to everything is to bully or try to intimidate people. The "bulldozer" method doesn't work for everything, but it's worked well enough for him that he refuses to believe that.

My h really liked the show so I saw more of it than I originally wanted to, but I liked his wife. She seemed much more human than he did. I'm not shocked at all that she filed and even less surprised to hear of the way she supposedly did it. (Leaving town and then filing.) After seeing bits and pieces of how she lived with him, I can see where she would want peace and space. Not only does the Hulk know the spotlight, he knows drama and doesn't have many interests, apparently. So many couples have trouble after they retire and find themselves under each other's feet all the time. Now imagine that situation only it's the Hulk you're at home with all day, every day. Ugh.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:26 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyDayNow View Post
How many years is enough? She's been with him two decades at least, if their children are late teens. She's done her time, and I certainly wouldn't call living with the Hulk and his bulk a fairytale, lol. (And I so agree with the remark about living with a caricature.)The episodes of the show that I saw showed him being childishly jealous. She tried to get back into fitness and he criticized the form of exercise she wanted, he didn't like the trainer she hired, he could do a better job himself, blahblahblah. He wasn't happy untl he had fired the trainer and was training her himself, which meant that she got no peace from him at all. What had been an enjoyable, peaceful exercise time turned into another aggravation for her. He also seemed to have wayyy too much time on his hands and nothing better to do than to try to manipulate his family's lives. Actually, it seemed to be his daughter and wife he bothered--he left the son alone.

He appeared to need some hobbies and to give his wife some breathing room. It was painfully clear on one episode that she did not want to be near him, much less get in the shower with him to shave his back. He seemed to think the answer to everything is to bully or try to intimidate people. The "bulldozer" method doesn't work for everything, but it's worked well enough for him that he refuses to believe that.

My h really liked the show so I saw more of it than I originally wanted to, but I liked his wife. She seemed much more human than he did. I'm not shocked at all that she filed and even less surprised to hear of the way she supposedly did it. (Leaving town and then filing.) After seeing bits and pieces of how she lived with him, I can see where she would want peace and space. Not only does the Hulk know the spotlight, he knows drama and doesn't have many interests, apparently. So many couples have trouble after they retire and find themselves under each other's feet all the time. Now imagine that situation only it's the Hulk you're at home with all day, every day. Ugh.
She gained weight doing it her way and asked him to help her loose weight and after she was working out with him she lost weight. Fairytale lifestyle yes I would say that. Look at their homes what they do etc.
Well, I will say this he could have cheated around on her and other things and he has not been in the news fooling around, he has been a family man for all these yrs in that lifestyle. Is he rough around the edges yes but so what he is caring and loving about his family and that is more important than how he looks.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:31 AM

768 posts, read 2,100,750 times
That's an interesting perspective, I hadn't looked at it like that. I saw all the drama with Hulk being territorial when her trainer came to the house and yelling at the trainer and firing him as him being controlling and manipulative. She did lose weight when Hulk was her trainer (although I think the exercise sessions with him went much longer than the sessions with the trainer), but seeing as how she was feeling crowded by him already, it didn't seem like a good idea. (And I was surprised that there wasn't a little more discussion on the show about how water weight is a common fluctuation, regardless of exercise program. That's what I attributed her weight gain to, despite the whining she was doing about it.)

Yes, he could have cheated and maybe he hasn't cheated on her, but that alone isn't a determinant of if people are happy/not. My opinion was that she obviously wasn't wanting to touch him so for him to shove togetherness at her all the time might have been pushy and ill-advised. If he had given her some breathing room, she might have been given a chance to think kind thoughts about him instead of thinking, "Just leave me alone already! Go away!"

I guess I think of "fairytale" as something with more substance than just "stuff". Glitter is just glitter if you're empty inside, IMHO, and it comes with a price tag for most people. To me, living with the hulking Hulk wouldn't be a fairytale, but that's just my opinion. He'll be available again soon, so I'm sure that someone else out there will see it as a fairytale life and jump on that train.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,129 times
I didn't watch the show, but imagine that they'd have to play up on the theatrics, so as not to put the audience to sleep.

I used to live near him, and friends knew him pretty well (I just knew him to wave hello & what-not.) By all accounts, you will not meet a nicer, more genuine person (famous or not.) I have always heard that he is the type to go out of his way for people, even strangers.

Believe this is a case of it "wearing off" for her, just as everyday people go through. Most marriages I know didn't last nearly as long as theirs. Despite all the money, more wives than we realize go nuts when the guy retires and is home all the time. They actually have to get "used" to them, as they were more exciting, traveling stars when they married.
Apparently, absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Best wishes, Hulkster.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:29 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
I didn't watch the show, but imagine that they'd have to play up on the theatrics, so as not to put the audience to sleep.

I used to live near him, and friends knew him pretty well (I just knew him to wave hello & what-not.) By all accounts, you will not meet a nicer, more genuine person (famous or not.) I have always heard that he is the type to go out of his way for people, even strangers.

Believe this is a case of it "wearing off" for her, just as everyday people go through. Most marriages I know didn't last nearly as long as theirs. Despite all the money, more wives than we realize go nuts when the guy retires and is home all the time. They actually have to get "used" to them, as they were more exciting, traveling stars when they married.
Apparently, absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Best wishes, Hulkster.
Man can I relate to that! In fact, if mine had his own house that would be way cool!

Old 11-25-2007, 06:33 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Shaq's wife has filed for divorce, too. Those are two strong women!!!

Old 11-27-2007, 05:44 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,528,010 times
She's a coward.
Having Hulk find out thru the media, is bogus

Old 11-27-2007, 07:26 PM

383 posts, read 722,947 times
The divorce rate is 50% with no signs of getting lower anytime soon. It seems to be growing divorce rate among white male/white woman marriages particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships