U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 09:31 PM

36 posts, read 41,784 times

Advertisements

I would ignore it. In life people will always fight to get you to live your life based on what they consider to be reality. Thats simply ridiculous. A lot of the girls on CD hardly represent the population of women you want to be involved with. I would never validate anything coming out of their mouth. Theres good quality women out there who will respect your point of views, its just not CD
Rate this post positively

Old 11-26-2013, 09:33 PM

709 posts, read 1,019,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I haven't seen any proof that the assertion is true. (Odd that you missed that, especially in view of post #87, among others.)

Try again.
What PROOF have you seen that its NOT true?

Old 11-26-2013, 10:56 PM

39,111 posts, read 24,695,988 times
Marriage rates have been declining, though I have not read any of the direct data, just the interpretation once it gets to the media.

Just because less people are getting married does not mean any one sex is boycotting it. There is just less financial and societal reasons for marriage.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 11-27-2013, 11:59 AM

1,112 posts, read 1,071,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I have been accused as one just because i mentioned some interesting statistics about marriage and child custody laws and suicide rates of divorced men and women and many more things with sources Being raised in a family where i have never witnessed a single happy marriage and exposed to bitter fights between my aunt and uncle, how can one expect to be positive about love and romance ?My friends often wonder why i remain so distant from girls in college but there are some things which you cannot share it with anyone. Not even in the internet anonymously. I am a class topper and want to devote my life helping poor people. I feel like this is only thing which would make me happy. Sidenote: I would prefer less angry responses as i am fed up of justifying my character to some people.��Cheers��
It's not sexist, but women want commitment and security. If you're not willing to give that to them, then you must be an insecure man child with women issues.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:23 PM

36 posts, read 41,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
It's not sexist, but women want commitment and security. If you're not willing to give that to them, then you must be an insecure man child with women issues.
Why would he have to be insecure, or a man child? That's common irrational reaction to a man's independent choice not to be legally involved with a woman.

Fact, Family court guidelines are more favorable to women. Regardless if you believe its right or wrong.

There is nothing Childish about making personal decisions based on circumstances of your environment. This may not agree with whatever ideas youve created in your own minds but the reality is it doesnt have to.

Pro Choice remember? My body/ my life.

I personally feel a lot of women want men to accept this no matter. No questions asked. Thats silly.

Old 12-02-2013, 01:54 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,071,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognitive55 View Post
Why would he have to be insecure, or a man child? That's common irrational reaction to a man's independent choice not to be legally involved with a woman.

Fact, Family court guidelines are more favorable to women. Regardless if you believe its right or wrong.

There is nothing Childish about making personal decisions based on circumstances of your environment. This may not agree with whatever ideas youve created in your own minds but the reality is it doesnt have to.

Pro Choice remember? My body/ my life.

I personally feel a lot of women want men to accept this no matter. No questions asked. Thats silly.
I know. I agree. I was being sarcastic mocking a typical response to an older life long bachelor.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:58 AM

39 posts, read 31,433 times
People don't like bachelors because they're usually very jealous of their lifestyle. Instead they're stuck with a boring homely existence.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:49 AM

801 posts, read 440,827 times
One of the main reasons most women want to get married so badly is that they want to lock you in before their appearance wanes with age. A woman's desirability generally decreases steadily after the mid twenties while a man's desirability often improves and has little to do with age and wrinkles.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:36 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,009,559 times
You guys chiming in late are missing something. It wasn't the the OP wanted to remain a bachelor, he basically categorized all women as the same, hateful type of person. It was the OP's attacks on women that got him labeled a sexist--not wanting to remain single. Women don't care or are jealous if bachelors and more than men care or jealous of women who are bacholettes. No one cares about your life (or mine) other than yourself and maybe your closest relatives and friends. If you think random strangers care, you are projecting.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:17 AM

26,867 posts, read 24,321,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
One of the main reasons most women want to get married so badly is that they want to lock you in before their appearance wanes with age. A woman's desirability generally decreases steadily after the mid twenties while a man's desirability often improves and has little to do with age and wrinkles.
I beg to differ.

Currently (2009) the average age of marriage for women is 26 or 28 (depending on the source), for men 28 or 30 (depending on the source) up from 23 and 20 respectively in 1950. For second marriages (2000) 45 for men 42 for women. The overall statistics show average age for less industrialized countries is lower as is for poor/less educated people, the average age has been increasing and men are generally 2 years older than women.

So if your theory is correct that would mean women are getting prettier and stay desirable longer, wealthier and better educated women are hotter as are women from industrialized countries. And that a mans desirability is only last a few years longer than a woman's desirability.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.