Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 07:58 AM

428 posts, read 474,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
Careful, you're hijacking your own thread.
This is what I have seen women are, in and out of internet.These views does not make me sexist however.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:00 AM

51 posts, read 53,029 times
American culture is mostly idiotic. If you are swimming against the cultural tide you are likely doing the right thing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with staying a bachelor. Marriage and children is not for everyone.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:03 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
You are not sexist for wanting to stay a bachelor.

You are sexist for thinking women are the cause of all evil.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:48 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
And divorce + being used like a sperm donor and atm would be the worst experience in men's life. Thank you very much. But my life is ok. I don't want to experience so called most amazing experience because it could turn your worst nightmare in no time.Good luck to you. I am sticking with my views.
It seems like you are working very hard to find a social reason to justify you not getting involved in a relationship. Like many have posted here, you don't need one. When you mature some, you will stop trying to rationalize your decisions to others.

Are there women who will use as a sperm donor and an ATM? You bet. Are there men who will use women for sex and money? Roger that. Are there male friends who will use you for something? Yes sir.

One of the main parts of becoming an adult is learning to filter people and know when they mean you harm, in a variety of forms. You learn how to protect yourself from being used by employers, company's you frequent as a customer, relatives, friends, and romantic interests.

You develop requirements for relationships, such as women who have a career (so you are not supporting another), etc.

No one is guaranteed a life without heart ache. Staying away from romantic relationships won't mean a life with no pain, or loss.

Hopefully when you experience more life lessons you will learn you don't have to put down others to justify your own views.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-24-2013, 12:03 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
Even today, when men are second class citizens there are still guys willing to champion women's rights (and privileges).
I can't wait to read this book. It has you, and a few other fellows on here, written all inside of it.

NYT Book Review - Angry White Men: American Masculinity at the End of an Era, by Michael Kimmel

From the review: These guys refuse to admit they’ve been handed privilege all these years by a world that puts white men on top. White men, he writes, “have been running with the wind at our backs all these years,” and “what we think of as ‘fairness’ to us has been built on the backs of others.”

Failing to concede this, men get stuck in a permanent dysfunction Kimmel calls “aggrieved entitlement,” in which they “refuse to even be dragged kicking and screaming into that inevitable future” of greater gender and racial equality. Instead they rage, not at the corporate overlords who have actually shipped their jobs overseas but at the amorphous feminists, or more likely “feminazis,” who have stolen American manhood.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:20 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
No-one gives a rats ass if you want to stay single forever. What we don't like is your slew of posts blaming women for all the world's ills. So far, from your posting history, you are portraying yourself as a misogynist. If you don't like that label then stop hating on women.
Linguistic history in terms of creeds, myths, and religion proves that, Pandora box and Eve anyone. basis of western civilization theology is transfixed in ourheads!

Old 11-24-2013, 12:20 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,597,996 times
You have the independent and dependent variables flip-flopped in this causal relationship. Staying a bachelor forever doesn't make you sexist, but being sexist might make you stay a bachelor forever.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:57 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
No-one gives a rats ass if you want to stay single forever. What we don't like is your slew of posts blaming women for all the world's ills. So far, from your posting history, you are portraying yourself as a misogynist. If you don't like that label then stop hating on women.
U mad?

Old 11-24-2013, 08:09 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I can't wait to read this book. It has you, and a few other fellows on here, written all inside of it.

NYT Book Review - Angry White Men: American Masculinity at the End of an Era, by Michael Kimmel

From the review: These guys refuse to admit they’ve been handed privilege all these years by a world that puts white men on top. White men, he writes, “have been running with the wind at our backs all these years,” and “what we think of as ‘fairness’ to us has been built on the backs of others.”

Failing to concede this, men get stuck in a permanent dysfunction Kimmel calls “aggrieved entitlement,” in which they “refuse to even be dragged kicking and screaming into that inevitable future” of greater gender and racial equality. Instead they rage, not at the corporate overlords who have actually shipped their jobs overseas but at the amorphous feminists, or more likely “feminazis,” who have stolen American manhood.
Wow, was the author on CD taking notes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
U mad?
No, why would I be. You missed the OPs diatribe in another thread, I was responding to that sentiment. Honestly, no-one cares who stays single and who doesn't except the person involved in that choice. But constant gender bashing really irritates me.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:23 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,597,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
These guys refuse to admit they’ve been handed privilege all these years by a world that puts white men on top. White men, he writes, “have been running with the wind at our backs all these years,” and “what we think of as ‘fairness’ to us has been built on the backs of others.”
"Born on third base and thought he hit a triple," as the saying goes.

This is really true of any type of privilege group, whether it be male, white, straight, cisgender, attractive, athletic, tall, wealthy, able-bodied, Christian, highly educated, etc. etc. etc. Most of us belong to some privileged groups and some unprivileged groups. We have a tendency as humans to only notice the areas where we are unprivileged, while being unaware of (and even denying) the areas where we are privileged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships