Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 08:56 PM

428 posts, read 474,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I can't wait to read this book. It has you, and a few other fellows on here, written all inside of it.

NYT Book Review - Angry White Men: American Masculinity at the End of an Era, by Michael Kimmel

From the review: These guys refuse to admit they’ve been handed privilege all these years by a world that puts white men on top. White men, he writes, “have been running with the wind at our backs all these years,” and “what we think of as ‘fairness’ to us has been built on the backs of others.”

Failing to concede this, men get stuck in a permanent dysfunction Kimmel calls “aggrieved entitlement,” in which they “refuse to even be dragged kicking and screaming into that inevitable future” of greater gender and racial equality. Instead they rage, not at the corporate overlords who have actually shipped their jobs overseas but at the amorphous feminists, or more likely “feminazis,” who have stolen American manhood.
The myth of male powerhttp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Male_PowerRead this book sometimes. There is not something like male privileges. Its all myth.
Amd how do you assume I am white male for that matter ?

Old 11-24-2013, 08:57 PM

The Myth of Male Power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-24-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It seems like you are working very hard to find a social reason to justify you not getting involved in a relationship. Like many have posted here, you don't need one. When you mature some, you will stop trying to rationalize your decisions to others.

Are there women who will use as a sperm donor and an ATM? You bet. Are there men who will use women for sex and money? Roger that. Are there male friends who will use you for something? Yes sir.

One of the main parts of becoming an adult is learning to filter people and know when they mean you harm, in a variety of forms. You learn how to protect yourself from being used by employers, company's you frequent as a customer, relatives, friends, and romantic interests.

You develop requirements for relationships, such as women who have a career (so you are not supporting another), etc.

No one is guaranteed a life without heart ache. Staying away from romantic relationships won't mean a life with no pain, or loss.

Hopefully when you experience more life lessons you will learn you don't have to put down others to justify your own views.
I have never put down others. I have always posted links about everything in posted to justify it I have mates who regularly ask me if I am gay or something and last time i just said "; Yes i am gay. Now spread this news everywhere "; to shut their mouths. The thing is i don't want sex nor love in this lifetime and i would do anything to avoid it at any cost. And my opinins are based on how i have seen women in real life and even in internet and after reading eye openers like briffaults law etc..

Old 11-24-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You are not sexist for wanting to stay a bachelor.

You are sexist for thinking women are the cause of all evil.
I never said women are the cause of every evil.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:09 PM

48,513 posts, read 34,790,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princewilla View Post
I find it ironic that he cites the draft as how men had it so bad. Women had to fight, against men, to be allowed into combat.

Not to mention the part about greater work related male deaths.... take firefighters, women had to fight to be allowed to have this job also. I knew a bunch of guys at fire station that had their first woman start with them and they were furious.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-24-2013, 10:39 PM

709 posts, read 1,129,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moogsy View Post
American culture is mostly idiotic. If you are swimming against the cultural tide you are likely doing the right thing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with staying a bachelor. Marriage and children is not for everyone.
This is true. Most people are sheep and give anyone who goes against the herd the "sink eye".

What? You're not going to do what EVERYONE ELSE is doing? You MUST have issues!

What? You're not going to listen to the TV? The movies? The magazines? You MUST have issues!

Marriage is an outdated and idiotic thing for men to do. I will never get married.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I find it ironic that he cites the draft as how men had it so bad. Women had to fight, against men, to be allowed into combat.

Not to mention the part about greater work related male deaths.... take firefighters, women had to fight to be allowed to have this job also. I knew a bunch of guys at fire station that had their first woman start with them and they were furious.
He even talked about how suicide rates among young guys and girls are same before 10 but after that guys are 4 times likely to commit suicide because men are discouraged to seek help. This book is just an eye opener to those who think men have it easier or have privileges.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
This is true. Most people are sheep and give anyone who goes against the herd the "sink eye".

What? You're not going to do what EVERYONE ELSE is doing? You MUST have issues!

What? You're not going to listen to the TV? The movies? The magazines? You MUST have issues!

Marriage is an outdated and idiotic thing for men to do. I will never get married.
Absolutely. If you want to experience how love feel like then read love stories or see such sort of movies. That's it. Fantasy is far from reality.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:22 AM

11,783 posts, read 12,019,229 times
Quote:
I have never put down others. I have always posted links about everything in posted to justify it I have mates who regularly ask me if I am gay or something and last time i just said "; Yes i am gay. Now spread this news everywhere "; to shut their mouths. The thing is i don't want sex nor love in this lifetime and i would do anything to avoid it at any cost. And my opinins are based on how i have seen women in real life and even in internet and after reading eye openers like briffaults law etc..
You don't want sex, don't want love and have no actual experience with any of it, so why do you spend all of your free time in the intimate relationships section, which is meant for people to discuss their relationships with their SO's? You have nothing to contribute here.

Last edited by Katnan; 11-25-2013 at 07:33 AM..

Old 11-25-2013, 07:31 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,799,304 times
Quote:
How can you say you never put down others when you say over and over again in other threads that all women are evil, hate men and use them for money and procreation, are incapable of loving men (even their own sons and fathers I suppose), don't make sacrifices for the men they love, have never made a contibution to society, and are horrible wicked animals (you say women can only be driven by biology, not higher thinking or love). You say they all think alike and none are capable of being good or doing anything for anyone other than themselves... not even Mother Teresa, Florence Nightengale, or the teachers who gave their lives to protect their students a year ago at that horrible school shooting.

You put down me and half the population of the planet saying we are evil harpies and little more than animals. And when you do so, you also put down any husband who loves his wife, father who loves his daughter, or son who loves his mother because you are putting calling their loved ones little more than animals. Of course you are going to get a negative reaction. Just like that group MGTOW got a negative reaction when they said it's better to let a little girl drown than save her because she might grow up to be a feminist. I know you don't have children of course, but imagine if that little girl were your niece, sister, etc.

If you want to stay single, that's your business and power to you. It's not an easy path to take. There are lots of confirmed bachelors in this world. If people you call friends start judging you for it or name calling, you might want to rethink their friendship. But it's because you couple that desire to be a bacholor with hatred, that's why you get the reaction that you do. Why not couple that desire to do good... fight for men's rights in a positive way (like dedicate time to Big Brothers and help a boy who has no father... or lobby for father's rights in the few places things are still unbalanced in divorce law).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.