Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 11:36 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Because women can justify and rationalize anything. Ive talked to women who were cheating on their husbands for years, but in their head "it was only sex" thus they honestly didn't believe that they cheated. Hamster rationalization, victimhood and inability to take responsibility for ones actions. If a guy allows his woman to sleep with other guys while he is waiting to be intimate with her for months, he is a doormat. Any guy worth his salt would laugh at the idea.

Any guy worth his salt would be doing the same thing himself.

Oh, nice use of the word "allows". Like he owns her body... very telling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 11:52 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Any guy worth his salt would be doing the same thing himself.

Oh, nice use of the word "allows". Like he owns her body... very telling.
See here is the problem with this whole scenario. A man who allows for this to happen, will never, ever be respected by his woman. Sort of like a stay at home dad who does most of the household chores. Sort of like a beta male provider type guy, who lacks excitement but is a decent man. None of these men will ever be respected by their GFs, wives. Just like a man who earns substantially less than his woman wont be. All these guys have one thing in common. Their wives do not respect them at all, and cheat on them behind their backs. It happens over and over and over.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:56 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Because women can justify and rationalize anything. Ive talked to women who were cheating on their husbands for years, but in their head "it was only sex" thus they honestly didn't believe that they cheated. Hamster rationalization, victimhood and inability to take responsibility for ones actions. If a guy allows his woman to sleep with other guys while he is waiting to be intimate with her for months, he is a doormat. Any guy worth his salt would laugh at the idea.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
A man who allows for this to happen, will never, ever be respected by his woman.

We got it. You go on a few dates with a woman and you think you own their body and should have a say in what they can do with it.

Good luck with that.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:25 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I'm a bit mystified by the guys who are clutching their pearls on this thread. Use your imaginations and reverse the genders. Still got your panties in a knot? Somehow I doubt it.
I tried to do that, but that didn't make the situation any better, in fact it made it worse.

Quote:
If this was a non-exclusive relationship, she was free to conduct her sexual life the way she saw fit without anyone else's input. She wasn't obligated to sleep with the OP just because she was sleeping with someone else, which is what a lot of men seem to think based on these posts. And that is really disturbing.
Except that is not the case at all. Most people do not considered it okay to sleep with 5 other girls at the same night you became offical, because you are decieving them. Part of creating a relationship is winning your partners trust and you are not getting his trust by sleeping around and at the same time making him believe you are waiting for him, it is just dishonest. She is pretending she is this good girl, but in fact she is not that at all.

The problem with her is not that she is sleeping around, the problem is that she is being dishonest. If you believe you can sleep around as much as you like up till you become offical, then please inform your partner about that.

But people like her don't do that, because they want to trick people to keep sleeping with them, and thats despicable.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
We got it. You go on a few dates with a woman and you think you own their body and should have a say in what they can do with it.

Good luck with that.
So rejecting her is the same as thinking you own her body?!

Also, you did not answer my question. This was my question. Lets say you have been dating this women for 2 months, and she is deeply in love with you. She asks you "are you sleeping with other women right now?" The truth is that you are sleeping with two other women at the same time. What do you answer?

Old 11-26-2013, 12:27 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
I didn't say anything like that about cheating on anyone.

You are seriously not listening to a word I'm saying.

That's alright guy, do you.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post

Also, you did not answer my question. This was my question. Lets say you have been dating this women for 2 months, and she is deeply in love with you. She asks you "are you sleeping with other women right now?" The truth is that you are sleeping with two other women at the same time. What do you answer?

You're free to reject her if you find out. It is the term "allows" that is so offensive. No one controls my body and I control no ones elses. That is a screwed up mentality to have and "allows" should be a word thrown out of the vocabulary when we're talking about relationships.

I didn't see the question. I have, when been in that situation, answered "I'm seeing some people casually and meeting new people right now". Who I am having sex with is not their business and if really pressed I will say that outright. It's never resulted in an ending of a new relationship, but has spurred further conversations about the direction of the relationship (and on occasion an STD talk). And quite frankly, your situation isn't plausible, as if she was "deeply" in love with me she would have broached the exclusivity issue, we also would have probably slept together (bring in the STD talk, etc).

Old 11-26-2013, 12:36 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post

Critics of your question would probably remind you that the OP didnt ask her this question "She asks you "are you sleeping with other women right now?". Not that I dont agree with you.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
Critics of your question would probably remind you that the OP didnt ask her this question "She asks you "are you sleeping with other women right now?". Not that I dont agree with you.
In a good relationship there is no need to ask a question like that. Either you agreed thats totally acceptable, or you don't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships