Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2013, 12:39 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You're the one that failed by throwing in a random "sleeping with four dudes" a week crap and introducing a ridiculous shooting heroin scenario.

And you CAN break up with someone that you haven't had sex with. Do you know nothing about dating? It really seems like you don't. A tip: stop reading third rate misogynistic blogs and have real relationships.
I used extremes to illustrate a point. You create a issue of the extremes and attack that. Common internet tactic. It's cute, and somewhat effective to your cheerleaders, I'll admit.

When in doubt, cry misogyny.

I'm in a great relationship, about a year strong now. My reading has no effect on that. My reply was in reference to your assertion of some douche beating his chest on a internet message board that he dumped some promiscuous woman that wouldn't sleep with him. If she wouldn't sleep with you, you didn't dump her, you gave up. What is with you and extrapolating nothing into something and attacking that?

Tip: Not everyone shares the white knight world view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 12:41 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
I'm in a great relationship, about a year strong now. My reading has no effect on that. My reply was in reference to your assertion of some douche beating his chest on a internet message board that he dumped some promiscuous woman that wouldn't sleep with him. If she wouldn't sleep with you, you didn't dump her, you gave up. What is with you and extrapolating nothing into something and attacking that?

You (once again) proposed a ridiculously idiotic scenario that had nothing to do with anything being discussed, and yet when you received an equally silly response you cry like a baby.

If you want to cry like a baby do it elsewhere.

If you want to participate in a conversation and not make up ridiculous scenarios and try to hijack threads, do so. Seriously, if you don't want a smart ass answer don't make stupid posts.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
You (once again) proposed a ridiculously idiotic scenario that had nothing to do with anything being discussed, and yet when you received an equally silly response you cry like a baby.

If you want to cry like a baby do it elsewhere.

If you want to participate in a conversation and not make up ridiculous scenarios and try to hijack threads, do so. Seriously, if you don't want a smart ass answer don't make stupid posts.
Hahahaha. The point I made was quite valid. Instead of addressing it, you create a straw man. Kudos champ. You are an internet debate god. Do you feel really good inside when all these anonymous 40 year old women rep you? I bet you do.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:54 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Sorry, it really isn't until you are in an exclusive relationship. If you're not, what she does when you're not together is none of your damn business. Just as what you do is none of hers. There is zero reason that you need to know this information unless you have primitive views on women and sexuality.
I already gave my reason. People in general should volunteer information they can reasonably suspect might be a dealbreaker. The other person is entitled to it, if only so they won't be wasting their time. You can throw arbitrary opinions on "my business"/"your business" around to excuse deceit all you like. I'm not budging.

So yep! My business if some woman I'm dating is having sex with another man all the while.

Quote:
Actually no, might want to work on that reading comprehension. We weren't discussing an OP's post. Nice try though!
I was discussing the post made by recuerdeme, gave my interpretation of what he said, and he confirmed that my interpretation was correct. How you can come at me with this "might want to work on your reading comprehension" crap is the only thing I don't understand.

Quote:
NO ONE uses "go steady". They haven't since happy days.
Don't make me dig up the post, timberline. Just to quote the guy on something this trivial. Move on

Quote:
Yes, you can have committed poly relationships, but you were talking about monogamy (not having sex with multiple partners). So, now, once again you're changing what you're saying.
Haven't changed a thing. I said commitment and exclusivity are not the same thing, explained why, and haven't contradicted myself once (You think I'm going to let lies like this slip by, really?)

Quote:
Committed monogamy (what we discussed here) and exclusivity are the exact same thing. AS I SAID. Tell me, how committed monogamy and dating exclusively are different. That should be good.
It should also be something you don't have to be told.

Committed monogamy is where you and another person understand that you are going to (try to) be together in a LTR. The rest of your life, ideally. In addition to being exclusive, you are dedicating your life to loving them. Just read a marriage vow when you have free time.

Dating exclusively means you are only dating one person at a time, but you can break it off anytime because you're only in the process of deciding whether you should commit to being with them for a LTR.

So, hopefully, this clears up any confusion. Dating exclusively is not the same as being in a committed relationship.

Old 11-27-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Hahahaha. The point I made was quite valid. Instead of addressing it, you create a straw man. Kudos champ. You are an internet debate god. Do you feel really good inside when all these anonymous 40 year old women rep you? I bet you do.

Ok, she might have been sleeping with four people that week and perhaps shooting heroin.

Really valid. Suuuure.

I have no idea who reps me. There is no way to know. I hope it isn't idiotic kids though.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Ok, she might have been sleeping with four people that week and perhaps shooting heroin.

Really valid. Suuuure.

I have no idea who reps me. There is no way to know. I hope it isn't idiotic kids though.
Still on that straw man angle huh.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I already gave my reason. People in general should volunteer information they can reasonably suspect might be a dealbreaker. The other person is entitled to it, if only so they won't be wasting their time. You can throw arbitrary opinions on "my business"/"your business" around to excuse deceit all you like. I'm not budging.

Not reasonably a deal breaker in adult relationships.

Quote:
Haven't changed a thing. I said commitment and exclusivity are not the same thing, explained why, and haven't contradicted myself once (You think I'm going to let lies like this slip by, really?)
Ok, fine, like a lawyer, every single word has to be spelled out in every single line so there is no ambiguity. And like a lawyer, you're impossible to have a real conversation with.

Quote:
It should also be something you don't have to be told.

Committed monogamy is where you and another person understand that you are going to (try to) be together in a LTR. The rest of your life, ideally. In addition to being exclusive, you are dedicating your life to loving them. Just read a marriage vow when you have free time.

Dating exclusively means you are only dating one person at a time, but you can break it off anytime because you're only in the process of deciding whether you should commit to being with them for a LTR.

So, hopefully, this clears up any confusion. Dating exclusively is not the same as being in a committed relationship.
Ok, these are all new to me and sound completely made up, but if this is how you see it, so be it. Though you can have open marriages and there is no such thing as committing to an LTR. LTRs happen over time. You don't decide "we're going to have an LTR" and suddenly it is.

Though you can break up any relationship, dating exclusively or committed monogamy (if you see them as different) any time you want. Free country, thank god.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Still on that straw man angle huh.

Yup, my strawman in response to your ridiculous red herring.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Yup, my strawman in response to your ridiculous red herring.
Not a red herring. Simply an analogy to illustrate the point that it's not your business, but you can still care what someone does even if you are not exclusive. You never addressed the point. You took us off topic. For an older man, you are very childish in your debate. You actually turned it into a red herring by focusing on it and then taking your self righteous tool false victory lap over your straw man argument.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:14 PM

Hmmmn, a ridiculous analogy so beyond the pale of what is reasonable and what was actually being discussed that attempted to misdirect the debate is not a red herring now? Amazing that the definitions of the logical fallacies have changed since I took rhetoric.

You CAN care about whatever you want to (that is your right, even if it is idiotic and childish to do so), but you still have no right to know about what another person does dating wise when you're not in an exclusive relationship.

Now will you stop trying to change the topic? Or at least make analogies realistic and applicable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships