Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 05:21 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Now on the topic of children. I just don't like dealing with children, bottom line. I do not want the responsibility of having another human life totally dependent on me.
Finally, someone else who is on the same path that I walk, it's been so damn lonely lately....

Old 11-25-2013, 05:39 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,156,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I can be kinda slow on the uptake. Ok, very slow.

It only just now occurred to me: Do these MRA/PUA dudes know that being anti marriage is historically a radical feminist position?
The MRA and PUA movements are quite different actually, and don't like each other all that much. PUAs are not political- they are focused on social interaction with women and trying to be more successful at dating/sex etc. MRAs are decidedly political. Many of them are not traditionalists in the old guard, pro family conservative sense, but instead consider marriage to be an institutionalized trap. So on that, they actually do agree with radical feminists, only from the other direction; the latter believe it to be a patriarchal system designed to oppress women, the former believe it to be patriarchal system designed to keep men productive and a docile servant of the state.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:56 PM

255 posts, read 373,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I can be kinda slow on the uptake. Ok, very slow.

It only just now occurred to me: Do these MRA/PUA dudes know that being anti marriage is historically a radical feminist position?
I'm not a MRA, nor am I interested in becoming a PUA. I'm a Western Grass-eating man, which is pretty popular in Japan and becoming more and more frequent in the western white man. I'm not interested in returning to what they call ''marriage 1.0.'' I do dislike how much power women have over men and how anti-male most of society and what permeates it is, but I'm not going to take part in any ''fight against the system'' because most men enjoy being what I call ''vagina-beggars.''

I've seen guys destroy their lives in pursuit of women, and the few men - the Alpha males - who are sexually sucessful with women, become addicted to being attractive to women. And these vagina-beggars/white knights serve a purpose. They keep women away from the $$ I'm accumulating. Kinda hard to notice that guy who wears run-down clothes, doesn't shave his beard in order to look like he's homeless, and won't pursue women because he knows women are giving it up for free to Alpha males, and dad and mom did not raise any fool. I do not pay in any form or shape(relationships/intimacy/marriage/effort and time pursuing women) for what others had for free, and by being invisible - making myself as invisible as possible - I'm also growing immune to women's sex appeal.

Lets be real. After the age of 25 most women aren't all that. Some of them keep their looks, but the majority aren't little sex nymphs like most women are in their late teens and early 20's, and as I enter my 30's my sex drive becomes more and more under my control. I'm not interested in kids, and I'm certainly not interested in relationships, so that leaves the women I interact with, to either be childhood friends, or members from my family. Seems to work fine.

As for being anti-marriage being a radical feminist position.. lol, you are aware that even the radical feminists end up married, right?

As for the rest. Today I went to a friend's college and waited for him. Some random 20-something woman calls me up, and asks me to pick up her trash and put it in the trash bin. Really? A perfectly body-able 20-something? Told her no. She called me a basement-dweller, a small penis, that I hated women and what not. Really, once a man gets shamed long enough: He ain't gonna care, LOL.

So, when a woman begins to treat you badly, you know you're doing something that doesn't benefit her and she don't like that, hell no boi!

Quote:
It may be that a strong intelligent women besides their mother just scares them.

Maybe no one's as good as mom ?
Ah, the good, old mommy tactic.

I remember when I was a kid and the other kids would try to instigate a fight by saying my mother was this and that. I would smile and tell them I can't comment on that because I wasn't there when my mother was young. Boy, did that annoy them to no end. I wasn't going to have my teeth kicked in defending the ''honor'' of my mother. And to this day I have never been forced by someone to do something I don't like by appealing to my emotions or to my upbringing.

''Oh, you don't defend your mother's dignity? You must hate women.''

''Oh, you show interest in your mother's well-being? Well, I am not interested in momma's boy.s''

Meanwhile, I'm drinking a few hundreds worth of quality scotch, I have my great dane warming my feet, and I'm wondering what the heck I'm going to do to make enough space for my xboxone and playstation 4. On the other hand, most of the guys I know in relationships are wondering how they're going to keep the house when the month is up, LOL.

Last edited by 10th Man Down; 11-25-2013 at 06:07 PM..

Old 11-25-2013, 05:57 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,194,788 times
Well , the vast majority of kids born in America are "accidents". It's not like the of majority guys planned to have these kids. This is the case for Almost all my male friends and acquaintances who have kids. The woman gets pregnant and men virtually have no reproductive rights at this point so he's a dad

Old 11-25-2013, 06:02 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,691,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Well , the vast majority of kids born in America are "accidents". It's not like the of majority guys planned to have these kids. This is the case for Almost all my male friends and acquaintances who have kids. The woman gets pregnant and men virtually have no reproductive rights at this point so he's a dad
Nuh uh, kids are the bestest things in ze entire world! You're just going through a phase and you think it's cool to be different. You'll change your mind someday and make an intelligent decision. You are a terrible human being for not wanting to have children.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:06 PM

878 posts, read 941,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Every, single one of those "accidents," are the progeny of people too stupid to take control of their own reproductive destiny. I never wanted kids and until I was 35, I was ***paranoid*** about ensuring my partners were using birth control and if they were not, they were not my partners.

I admit, there are a couple cases where I got lucky, and one in which my wife at the time had to have an abortion, which I paid for. Yes, I am a zygote killer and I'm SO not sorry for being one. Deal with it.

She later changed her mind and while she could not have her own child, she married a guy with a freshly-inked divorce and an infant son, whom she left me for.

I'm totally ok with her decision, though at the time I admit it was rough. Being thrown over for someone your partner doesn't even know (the baby) is humiliating but I had little choice and if she wanted that person more than me, she can have that infant and I can have my cats. That's how it went. I am better off in the long run and that's all we ever really have.

So, yes, I am militant about not wanting children, though at my age it's a moot point.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:27 PM

709 posts, read 1,129,681 times
People say things on the Internet that they would never say in real life because of the anonymity the Internet provides.

There are lots of men who don't ever want to get married and there are lots of men who hate women. Since they can't be vocal about it in public without destroying their reputations, losing their jobs, losing access to sex, and getting alienated by family and friends.. they make the LOGICAL choice anyone with half a brain would make and choose to shut their pie whole.

Men play the part when female ears are present. But when men are alone they say some interesting things and the men listening don't gasp or balk like they would if a woman was around.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:54 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,600,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I want to make clear, I respect people's right to make the choice not to marry or to have children.

But the number of posters on here, mostly men, who are adamant that they never want marriage or children seems huge. It seems far more common in CD than in the world around me generally.

My question is, are men who have made that choice over represented on CD, or am I just unaware how many men have made that choice because at 44, I am a bit older than a lot of CD members?
I hate to burst your bubble, but it isnt simply men on CDR. its men in todays world, who are withdrawing from the game by millions. It isnt that guys in their twenties and thirties are slow to grow up, its just that they realize that breaking ones back to achieve something, only to have it taken away by someone in a divorce, is a lost cause. Stay tuned because you ahvent seen nothing yet. Its going to get much, much worse befor eit gets any better.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:47 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,192,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It seems, at least on here, that the most fearful are the ones who have experienced nothing at all.

I think it really must suck to sit on the sidelines of your own life.
For the young ones, I chalk it up to never having been taught how to lose gracefully. It's part of Special Snowflake Syndrome. When everyone's a winner and you get trophies just for showing up, it's a grievous insult if someone rejects you. Instead of just rolling with it and accepting the fact that you win some, and you lose some, they either get angry and throw tantrums, or they let a few "no thank yous" destroy their esteem. It's actually kind of sad. Makes you wonder how they get along at work and other areas of their lives if they react like that when things don't go their way.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:14 PM

878 posts, read 941,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
You know what? Guys like you need to stop trying to shame every man who has the slightest bit of sympathy for the female point of view.

You can call me a "white knight." You can call me a "mangina." You can say stupid things like I am "looking to get some female poster pat on the back." None of it phases me. I am 44, not 17, and I don't need your permission or approval. Frankly, if I were standing in front of you right now, you wouldn't dare talk to me that way. Bet on it.
I would. Not a chance I would not. I support the female POV to an extent, but as soon as they start acting like "it's money that matters," they lose me.

Of course, any childless man who gets involved with a single mother deserves what he gets. I do agree with those who say you're fishing with your posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.