Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 08:20 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times

Advertisements

I don't know anyone off line who rails against marriage/children or folk who rail much at all. My current social circle doesn't include many people with unplanned children either, which is interesting. That wasn't the case when I was younger, but now it's a bit cookie cutter with the people I know- marrying and having children in the 30s, post school and partying years.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:23 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
maybe its because if a man is criticized along certain lines when he is single, he figures since married life is going to be harder than the single life he'll be criticized even more and cannot run like he could when single. kind of tantamount to being trapped. if hes super wise and knows that the allure of romance fades, what will be left? what if he is bright enough to know his unresolved conflicts like he never came to grips with the idea that a woman can earn more and be more successful than himself and will need his wife to work? what is he supposed to do? things like that...

im not saying these are all interconnected, just saying...

Old 11-25-2013, 08:25 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
On my planet, apparently not the same one these said posters live on, the vast majority of men young and old want marriage. Even a, gasp, family! I have only personally met maybe two men, in my entire life, who are as bitter and full of crap as some of these posters.

Perhaps it is geography, IDK.
I've not met any. Ever. Yeah, this forum is certainly a haven for the disgruntled.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:32 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
I do agree that age plays a factor in this and almost all of the debates/disagreements in this particular board. It's not so much men Vs women, its more people at completlely different points of their lives so of course their not going to see things similar.

My mom is 63 and my little sister is 21 but if you asked them about a lot of the topics we cover here you would get many different answers between them even though they are both females

Old 11-25-2013, 08:58 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
On my planet, apparently not the same one these said posters live on, the vast majority of men young and old want marriage. Even a, gasp, family! I have only personally met maybe two men, in my entire life, who are as bitter and full of crap as some of these posters.

Perhaps it is geography, IDK.
Yeah. I'm an early-40's graduate-educated man in a northern city, but I have plenty of friends in their late 20's and 30's all over the country, and I interact daily with college students ranging in age from late teens through mid-20's from all over the country and world. In my circles I wouldn't call it a vast majority who want marriage/family, but I'd call it a decent majority. Of the ones who aren't interested in marriage and/or kids, the number of men and women is approximately equal, and it's just because that's not what they want out of life. It has nothing to do with one gender bitterly boycotting the other due to concerns about the legal system or whatever nonsense. I've never heard of such a thing outside of this forum. I think that's a fantasy created by aspergery men online who do poorly with women, and want to blame it on society instead of accepting responsibility themselves.

As I've said before, though, it doesn't bother me if they boycott women. They weren't likely to get women anyway, so it's more for the rest of us either way.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:06 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Yeah. I'm an early-40's graduate-educated man in a northern city, but I have plenty of friends in their late 20's and 30's all over the country, and I interact daily with college students ranging in age from late teens through mid-20's from all over the country and world. In my circles I wouldn't call it a vast majority who want marriage/family, but I'd call it a decent majority. Of the ones who aren't interested in marriage and/or kids, the number of men and women is approximately equal, and it's just because that's not what they want out of life. It has nothing to do with one gender bitterly boycotting the other due to concerns about the legal system or whatever nonsense. I've never heard of such a thing outside of this forum. I think that's a fantasy created by aspergery men online who do poorly with women, and want to blame it on society instead of accepting responsibility themselves.

As I've said before, though, it doesn't bother me if they boycott women. They weren't likely to get women anyway, so it's more for the rest of us either way.
I mostly agree with what you stated but you need to chill with the asperger's talk. Not all people with asperger's are a-holes and not all a-holes have asperger's.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
good question. several possibilities. a huge congregation of sour old and paranoid people decided to start posting on CDF all at once. ok that is possible. another possibility. 42 million divorces plus, since no fault divorce law about 1975 has had a lasting effect on the collective consciousness of men. much like the death of 42 million russians in WWII. it permanently affected their collective conscious.
in most of those divorces the guy took the biggest hit often not only losing his home but also his kids and most of his pay check and pension.
70% of the divorces were filed by his spouse, in 22% of the cases a total blind side.
so this brings home the old adage, huck just bek u r paranoid does not mean they are not out to get u.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:20 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times

Yep, its looking really good by 2042 or so, where marriage rate hits 0. Well on our way.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:24 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Mod cut: Off topic.
There was a time I thought it would be sensible to live together for a while before getting married , but the examples I have seen for those that have done it that way, didn't work out any better.
The only answer is honesty that is if you can find it.
The only women I find that can truly be them self, are those that have no real interest in me emotionally. these open up to me like a book or a movie and tell me stuff they don't tell their significant others . why is that? why can't they open up to their husbands and be honest ?
Some women have told me they left their husband out of boredom.
Is this a reason?
Many seem to trust their girlfriends instruction to dump him ,and they don't even know the guy.
You know there are two sides to the story right ?
Honesty . 'that's the issue.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-26-2013 at 04:33 PM..

Old 11-25-2013, 10:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Maybe, but that issue probably isn't asperger's. It might be anti-social disorder, or histrionic disorder but not asperger's.
Oh - I'm not saying it's asperger's or even that it's a disorder. It could be that they were abused as a child, it could be that they have anger issues - it could be a myriad of things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships