Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 08:33 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanyeStan View Post
I'm 19( just turned 19) my current GF is still 18 for another 2 or so weeks. My problem is that I don't feel " in her league". FYI we both go to college.

Me: 5'9 hazel eyes, brown hair, glasses, no 6 pack( pudgy I'll admit it), almost zero athletic ability.
Her: 5'6ish blonde hair blue eyes, dance team in high school.

I have the age old " What is a beautiful girl like her doing with a meh looking guy like me?" question constantly swirling in my head along with " girls like her should be dating guys who look like ( insert name of popular male celebrity here).

We met at a Halloween party and are now on break and separate from each other for 5 weeks( our school combines T'giving and x-mas into 1 break). My family + friends tell me she's with me to be with me and that I'm not her " rebound" until Mr. square jaw with a 6 pack rolls by. I try not to bring this up to her as I like to show confidence. Should I bring it up?
Oh come on, she is with you. That means you are the best she can get. That also means you are the best for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 08:36 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Try as I might though, those questions never leave my head.
Fine.

Then become Mr Six Pack.
Kick ass in your studies.

Let her inspire you to become better and improve yourself.

Just never bring this stuff up with her and for god's sake, do not act like a jealous fool.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:39 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Btw, there is like zero reason an adolescent male should not have a slamming body.
Nobody has it easier than you do in that respect.
So quit being lazy and go work out.
A sense of accomplishment will help puff out your chest.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:58 AM

455 posts, read 898,444 times
Replace "Why is she with me" with "I'm tagging the hot chick in school" and if that doesn't get your chest swollen, then be grateful that at least another part of your body gets the honors.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:51 PM

45 posts, read 57,036 times
Don't get me wrong we're both in love( yes we use that word already) but I feel like I could contort my words into something like " why do you love me?" only after I tell her why I love her.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:15 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,941 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong we're both in love( yes we use that word already) but I feel like I could contort my words into something like " why do you love me?" only after I tell her why I love her.
How can you love a person you don't even feel belongs with you?

It is never a good idea to throw around that word early in a relationship.

I have to say, you seem to be ignoring everyone's advice and posting the same thing over and over again in this thread.....

Old 11-27-2013, 06:18 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,416 times
She is with you, be happy

(stop negative self talking and enjoy what you have right in this moment)

Old 11-27-2013, 10:13 PM

i guess the core of it is, I didn't expect to be dating her, I was just clowning around when we met, didn't think this would happen.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
t.
So quit being lazy and go work out.
A sense of accomplishment will help puff out your chest.
I try working out

Old 12-10-2013, 06:48 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
If she leaves you it would be more about your insecurities than anything else, which in turn will make them only worse.

Be happy knowing you have a girl yoy really like. I used to have a neighbor that was a super smart, successful, perfect 10 type woman for many guys. She wouldn't date super attractive men cause she found they often cheated because they had a million options.

Feel good that your gf is really into you and if things don't work, use it as confidence for the next girl you meet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships